Hughes OUT

Batman

Sanchez Flores did a great job at Watford in their first season in the Prem, were sitting around 8th at one point, but was sacked for taking his foot off the pedal once they were safe. He’s more than welcome to take his foot off the pedal once we’re safe here.

If Flores comes in let's hope the fans give him a chance. Seems to have good experience and did well at Watford. Not sure what people expect!

Yep people complaining already is just weird. I'm not really sure what top manager a club in our position, with a chairman at pains to point out we don't have any money to spend, people think we are going to attract.

But I think there's little chance Flores will be Pochettino Mk II. More likely Puel Mk II or, heaven help us, Pellegrino Mk II.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reckon we have some of the worst fans around pathetic moaners and probably little understanding

But I think there's little chance Flores will be Pochettino Mk II. More likely Puel Mk II or, heaven help us, Pellegrino Mk II.

why? Pellegrino was way out of his depth here a frightened rabbit.

Flores did ok and knows the league who would realistically come here thats much better? If he is Puel mk2 thats ok then as he is world class according to some.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reckon we have some of the worst fans around pathetic moaners and probably little understanding
I understand that Flores has had 8 jobs in 10 years. If he comes, I'll give him every chance and hope it works.

But my personal view is that the team are showing fight and a willingness to play for Hughes. Whether that's enough is another matter.

you know my thoughts on Puel shouldn't have been appointed in first place far better options available like Pellegrini.

we all would like our own choice but that doesn't happen. You get what you get and we got Puel at that time and he was given a chance by our fans. If he did a good tv interview or spoke good English he would have been given more slack. It was constant niggle about his phrases and how they couldn't understand him. I watched a few videos of Wembley and the hope we had with basically the same team, look at the difference now.

Anyway, Ihaveno choice who comes in, as I say I wasnt keen on Hughes but I doubt Flores will do any better. Leave Hughes there a bit longer and see if he does turn it around

we all would like our own choice but that doesn't happen. You get what you get and we got Puel at that time and he was given a chance by our fans. If he did a good tv interview or spoke good English he would have been given more slack. It was constant niggle about his phrases and how they couldn't understand him. I watched a few videos of Wembley and the hope we had with basically the same team, look at the difference now.

Anyway, Ihaveno choice who comes in, as I say I wasnt keen on Hughes but I doubt Flores will do any better. Leave Hughes there a bit longer and see if he does turn it around

It’s a bit of myth that the fans got Puel sacked. I can recall a few boos and jeers in the Northam on the last day of the season but nothing sustained. The board spent enough time deliberating over it at the end of the season and letting every newspaper know they were deliberating over his position too, to indicate they weighed up the pros and cons. I think most fans just wanted a decision either way and personally I would have accepted the decision to back him at the time, despite being a little underwhelmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sympathise with that. Puel finished on a poor run when he, as I recall, had virtually no fit strikers, but overall was not bad. Too many judged him on personality.

Hughes has his faults but the team are playing for him and I think he could turn it round. And maybe the new manager boost with Flores or whoever would do it too, but I don't accept that a change will automatically put things right.

But I like the sound of Ihaveno. Could be an inspired choice. [emoji23]

Floures a short term fix as we don’t have the money to bring in a asst and fitness coach?

Davis will support him with Watson etc.

Then if Floures does well he then moves on somewhere else while we get Brendan Rodgers in with some of the sky money?

Probably the best option as we ain’t winning no games under Hughes right now plus it’s rumoured some players are not happy with him either.

why? Pellegrino was way out of his depth here a frightened rabbit.

Flores did ok and knows the league who would realistically come here thats much better? If he is Puel mk2 thats ok then as he is world class according to some.

There is one person on this forum who calls Puel world class and he is clearly doing it as a wind up.

Having said that Puel looks odds on for a third top half finish in three seasons not bad for a guy described as one of the worst managers saints has ever had.

Right now I could easily live with Flores if he turns out to be about the same level as Puel. I just want someone who can make us defensively solid throwing away leads is getting really old now. I'd happily watch us grind out a few gritty 1-0 wins at the moment.

I sympathise with that. Puel finished on a poor run when he, as I recall, had virtually no fit strikers, but overall was not bad. Too many judged him on personality.

Puel got us to another 8th place finish, and a cup final. His big mistake was not getting out of the group stages of the Europa, which was absolutely criminal no matter how you slice it.

Had he done that, or had we defended Ibrahimovic better at Wembley, there's no way he would have been sacked.

He was given an attacking force of Austin, Long and a cocked Jrod up front, and instead of providing him with a truly decent striker, the club brought in Redmond and Boufal.

Hindsight and all that, but had the club backed him properly when it was needed, things could very well be quite different now.

There is one person on this forum who calls Puel world class and he is clearly doing it as a wind up.

Having said that Puel looks odds on for a third top half finish in three seasons not bad for a guy described as one of the worst managers saints has ever had.

Right now I could easily live with Flores if he turns out to be about the same level as Puel. I just want someone who can make us defensively solid throwing away leads is getting really old now. I'd happily watch us grind out a few gritty 1-0 wins at the moment.

Ironically there were posts saying they didnt care if we lost (lol)as long as there were entertaining games with goals they wouldn't mind losing 4-3 etc. It was always bunkum and just like the Utd fans saying they dont care about losing if they played good football, patently thats nonsense

Floures a short term fix as we don’t have the money to bring in a asst and fitness coach?

Davis will support him with Watson etc.

Then if Floures does well he then moves on somewhere else while we get Brendan Rodgers in with some of the sky money?

Probably the best option as we ain’t winning no games under Hughes right now plus it’s rumoured some players are not happy with him either.

Who cares what they think, a large portion of them are part of the problem and can do one.

LOL @ worst manager - I don't think people realise how good he is -

MLT has been people this since Thursday. So I tend to think it’s true. Matty is friends with Krueger and goes out to dinner with him so likely to be possible
I love Saints as a player butis his judgement that good, remember the jokers he was going to install in the club!!