Hughes OUT

Batman

It will be bitterly disappointing if at the end of the first “working day” after the weekend he has not been removed from his job

Hughes must know it is over as a premier league manager. Just waiting for the payoff no doubt. Who can blame him

I can bloody blame him. He should at least offer to take half compo. That for his pathetic attempts both as player and manager here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If only we could also sack Cedric, Hoedt, Austin, Long, Redmond. Then we might have a fighting chance.

Those guys are just a bunch of losers.

Don't you think Redmond's performances have improved the last five games though?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

It will be bitterly disappointing if at the end of the first “working day” after the weekend he has not been removed from his job

Hughes must know it is over as a premier league manager. Just waiting for the payoff no doubt. Who can blame him

Fully agree,enough is enough

Back on track for what? If we manage to get promotion we then have to transition from a championship side to a prem side which, given the market we operate in, will involve buying a collection of average players.

To think that going down make it easy to rebuild is simple thinking. We need a management team with a vision not relegation.

You didn't read the "If we can stay up" bit of my post.

Don't you think Redmond's performances have improved the last five games though?

Maybe they've improved a bit, but he's still average as hell and has been a key part of this truly awful saints team for 3 years now.

We sacked Pellegrino at 9pm on a Monday, so we'll wait until then.

We have the cup game on Tuesday so that might make things more complicated. Any excuse for Krueger not to act.

Hughes sacked with Kevlin in charge for the Leicester game......then new manager in to start next monday/watch from the stands at the weekend

Hughes sacked with Kevlin in charge for the Leicester game......then new manager in to start next monday/watch from the stands at the weekend

Hope so, although I reckon it'll be Jaidi and Kelvin together, that would make more sense.

Now would also be a good time for a new manager to assess the squad before the January transfer window. Might motivate some of them.

Hope so, although I reckon it'll be Jaidi and Kelvin together, that would make more sense.

Now would also be a good time for a new manager to assess the squad before the January transfer window. Might motivate some of them.

Discipline is what will motivate, that and getting fit instead of being lazy unprofessional slobs. Whoever comes in next has to be obsessive on high tempo training. Kick any players out of the squad who won’t be able buy into that.

Poch and WGS levels of needed. They are going down anyway but some visible pride on the pitch might at least engage a small minority of the fanbase.

Hughes Out is a given now, we're sinking like a stone. Who to bring in is tricky though because of our circumstances...

1) To keep us up? Obviously Allardyce is the man here, I wouldn't want Moyes personally.

2) Preparing for the Premier League long term (a risky strategy considering our situation)? Rodgers or Jardim or someone from Europe that has a decent record and a name in football that could attract a better class of player.

3) Accepting that we're probably doomed and we might as well build for the Championship? Jokanovic is the man for this.

4) The dirt cheap, extremely dodgy option: Carlos Carvalhal

5) The comedy option: Bob Bradley (God Swansea have had some crap managers)

6) The "I've never heard of him so he must be good" option - Well I've never heard of him so how can I put him here...

7) The "Unite the fanbase, Living in a Dreamworld" option - Pep.

I wouldn't be against Jokanovic really, helped take Watford up and took a poor Fulham side (when he took over) and got them promoted and although he struggled with Fulham this season, it can't have been easy having such a large number of players brought in. He would be a risky option for the rest of this season though, but definitely someone we would need if the worst were to happen. Rodgers was my choice a couple of years ago when Puel got the nod, but I don't think we'd have a chance now. Otherwise it's slim pickings on that list on this thread. You can't knock Van Gaal's CV though, boring though his teams may be, I wouldn't have a problem seeing him here. Again I think we have little chance. Sod it, bring in Tisdale.

New manager given the opportunity to bring in a couple of defenders in January is our only hope. Why on earth was Vestagaard signed if he is no better than what we have. Madness.

Vestegaard had some good stats that were put on here on signing, so looked a good recruit with experience in a strong league. Like many others it looks as if any natural ability has been coached out of him, and he' s left lacking in confidence.

Vestegaard had some good stats that were put on here on signing, so looked a good recruit with experience in a strong league. Like many others it looks as if any natural ability has been coached out of him, and he' s left lacking in confidence.

Coaches include Kelvin Davis. Say no more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t get me wrong, I agree he should go but whoever comes in - how the hell does he turn this shower if ****e into a side capable of climbing the table ?

How does a manager give Redmond a brain and get our awful strikers to start scoring, our average at best centre backs to start defending, our non attacking midfield to pull their fingers out ?

We don’t need a new manager we need a ****in miracle

Huddersfield today have been everything we should be. Hard working, full of guts and spirit and no little skill. Polar opposite of our bunch of prima donnas

They've been OK against pretty poor opposition. If the ball had gone another 1.8cm they probably would have lost the match. Fine margins and we really ought to be streets ahead of this sort of team.

The main different is the grit and determination, not the ability.

Now officially in the bottom 3 with Huddersfield winning their game! Hughes surely has to go for the sake of the club

We're even less attractive optionj now tahn we were at the start of the international break.

Yes, I can see Jardim seeing this as an opportunity he can't resist. More likely bringing 'arry back out of the jungle

Don’t get me wrong, I agree he should go but whoever comes in - how the hell does he turn this shower if ****e into a side capable of climbing the table ?

How does a manager give Redmond a brain and get our awful strikers to start scoring, our average at best centre backs to start defending, our non attacking midfield to pull their fingers out ?

We don’t need a new manager we need a ****in miracle

You start by organising the defence, dropping Hoedt for good, and concentrating on a spine that makes us hard to beat. Lemina and Rome in the middle. Forget Austin. Obafemi up front with Long to do the running we need (i'm afraid ) Keep Him as captain in midfield too. Put vesterweld with Yoshi at the back. Target for Bertrand. Get allardyce to manage it. Might just stay up. Sweet talk a manager to take over next season.

Hughes was sacked at Man City, sacked at Ipswich, sacked at QPR, sacked at Stoke, what makes anyone think he will be any different here?

Fascinating viewpoint. Firstly he has never managed Ipswich, secondly you seemed to have omitted his time at Blackburn and Fulham for some reason?

So, to paraphrase your own argument:

Hughes took Blackburn to Europe before resigning, led Fulham to top half before resigning and led Stoke to three top 9 finishes, so.....”what makes anyone think he will be any different here”?

Dont get me wrong, he is on thin ice but let’s make sure facts are accurate and that when someone has managed for twenty years we don’t just pick out the sackings

Statistics show that if your still in the bottom 3 at Xmas 9 times out of 10 you go down, with the run in we have it's almost certain we will remain in the bottom three.

I think worth the gamble to see if a new guy can get us a point or two against the big guns!

Southampton will give Mark Hughes the chance to reverse club's fortunes but time is ticking: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/25/southampton-will-give-mark-hughes-chance-reverse-clubs-fortunes/

That reads like we are willing to toss away Utd and Spurs games before making an actual decision on Hughes. Levels of ambition at the club are genuinely pathetic.

Southampton will give Mark Hughes the chance to reverse club's fortunes but time is ticking: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/25/southampton-will-give-mark-hughes-chance-reverse-clubs-fortunes/

Sorry Sparky, time's up - if SFC wants to have any chance of surviving this season then it's time to send for the cleaner, no-one else available will have a fast enough impact.

NINTCHDBPICT000400072935.jpg?strip=all&w=960

Close but no cigar. Ralph, Nellie and Kat have got together and pooled all of their football knowledge and will be appointing Dave Watson and Marianne Spacey as joint interim managers until a replacement can be found.