Replacement for Hughes

Bad Wolf

That's what people said before Lemina definitely left us in the last transfer window.

Hilarious. Also, Rodgers is a fraud. Keep dreaming though. Ps those other players came to us when we weren't a shell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hilarious. Also, Rodgers is a fraud. Keep dreaming though. Ps those other players came to us when we weren't a shell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have read my post saying I don't think he'll leave Celtic before the summer, haven't you?

Good luck next transfer window x

You have read my post saying I don't think he'll leave Celtic before the summer, haven't you?

Good luck next transfer window x

No, but I have now. And it’s quite brilliant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Despite his difficulties in the past, Nigel Pearson is a no nonsense manager who can get the best out of average players.

Having moved to Belgium to manage a second tier side I doubt he would want to return to the premiership ( let alone Southampton ),

but he is the type of manager this club needs right now. My other choice would be David Moyes, who is better than his record indicates.

Alex Ferguson knew a thing or two about football management, and it was he who chose DM to succeed him at Utd.

We are in a scrap for survival, and need somebody with experience of the situation.

One thing is certain Mark Hughes has to go.

I don't know whether you follow European football but Pearson's team are currently in the bottom 3 of the Belgian Second Division. A Premier League club, even one in the bottom 3, should be able to attract the best manager from the Belgian top flight, Philippe Clement, rather than one of the worst ones in their 2nd tier, like Pearson. We really should be looking at managers whose careers are in the ascendant, not those in decline. It was that approach of getting a manager who was sacked from his last Premier League job because he was failing, just because he was a well-known Premier League face, that brought us Hughes. Even the most successful of managers, like Mourinho, when they've been sacked from their last Premier League job because of poor results are best avoided as Man United are currently discovering.

Our whole recruitment of players and managers recently has been dull and unimaginative, which is why the usual list of suspects is being trotted out now.

Just hope the club aren't aiming as low as you lot this time. So bleak. Yeah we've been poor but we're still in the premier league and the only job going. If a newly promoted club can get Ranieri then we can get someone half decent.

Some of the names people keep mentioning are a complete joke. Mentioning Allardyce and Steve Bruce should be infractionable offences.

I'm all aboard the Peter Bosz train. Make it happen please.

Why?

I don't know enough about him other than he did well at Ajax (but who wouldn't ? and with an exciting squad of youngsters that had been brought through before he went there), but failed at Dortmund.

He could be great for us, but interested in why you consider him the answer.

Why?

I don't know enough about him other than he did well at Ajax (but who wouldn't ? and with an exciting squad of youngsters that had been brought through before he went there), but failed at Dortmund.

He could be great for us, but interested in why you consider him the answer.

He probably isn’t. Frank de Boer did rather well at Ajax.

Just hope the club aren't aiming as low as you lot this time. So bleak. Yeah we've been poor but we're still in the premier league and the only job going. If a newly promoted club can get Ranieri then we can get someone half decent.

Ranieri is nothing special. Fat Sam is a much better manager.

People keep saying, 'But who would actually appoint the manager?' But..who appointed McMenemy, Ball, Hoddle, Strachan?. Have we always had someone other than the Chairmen whose job it was to appoint managers?

At this rate of turnover we're soon going to need a full-time manager appointer.

Ranieri is nothing special. Fat Sam is a much better manager.

Probably true. If our aim is to stay in the Premier League this season and beyond, then Allardyce is the best candidate.

But is that all people care about? I'm actually not that bothered which league we're in. I'd like us to play decent football (that doesn't necessarily mean possession football btw) and win some games, and if we were doing that in the Championship I'd be fine with it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I want us to be relegated. But I have no desire for us to replace Hughes with a manager of similar ilk or with someone who simply grinds out results by playing turgid football and cynical tactics. Because it's only a matter of time before we're all here again complaining and wanting somebody new.

Probably true. If our aim is to stay in the Premier League this season and beyond, then Allardyce is the best candidate.

But is that all people care about? I'm actually not that bothered which league we're in. I'd like us to play decent football (that doesn't necessarily mean possession football btw) and win some games, and if we were doing that in the Championship I'd be fine with it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I want us to be relegated. But I have no desire for us to replace Hughes with a manager of similar ilk or with someone who simply grinds out results by playing turgid football and cynical tactics. Because it's only a matter of time before we're all here again complaining and wanting somebody new.

I completely agree with the sentiment. I don't care what division we are in if it's enjoyable. However, Championship with Kat, Ralph, Goa and Wee Ross will be a complete meltdown.

I'm all aboard the Peter Bosz train. Make it happen please.

Problem is his tactics is possession based, I can't see our current players play it, they are not that good. He used the youth alot at Ajax which i like but it all went wrong at Dortmund. He kept the pressing that Klopp and Tuchel introduced but maybe he doesn't know how to fully prepare his players for that style. I personally would rather have a manager who knows the pressing style and can teach the players it rather than being forced to play it without any idea how it works. I have mixed feelings with Bosz but is probably a better option than Hughes or Big Sam who alot of fans strangely want.

I completely agree with the sentiment. I don't care what division we are in if it's enjoyable. However, Championship with Kat, Ralph, Goa and Wee Ross will be a complete meltdown.

Fair - I've just looked in the other Hughes related thread where Chez says that relegation will be a financial disaster for us. I don't want us to do a Sunderland, I think relegation from the Championship was the worst season I can remember as a Saints fan! But equally the idea that we should all be desperate to stay in the league for financial reasons is what's wrong with football and Saints at the moment...

I could see us appointing Jokanovic to be honest. Seems he has been on our radar in the past, he left Fulham in a decent way with a lot of appreciation from their fans.

And of course he's available, don't think we need to be paying any more remuneration/compensation for the time being!:lol:

I'd still like to see Sparky turn it around but our form and general approach is screaming relegation. Deep down he must know he's on borrowed time given the results under his stewardship so far.

I could see us appointing Jokanovic to be honest. Seems he has been on our radar in the past, he left Fulham in a decent way with a lot of appreciation from their fans.

And of course he's available, don't think we need to be paying any more remuneration/compensation for the time being!:lol:

I'd still like to see Sparky turn it around but our form and general approach is screaming relegation. Deep down he must know he's on borrowed time given the results under his stewardship so far.

Perhaps he should do the honourable thing and resign, he must know the warning signs when the fan base turn on you, he's had it before at QPR, & Stoke. But of course he won't he'll want his £££.

Whoever we appoint, please just give him a contract to the end of the season. Not a 3 year contract that will make us pay a severance fee within 18 months. If the new manager does well, give him a rolling contract.

unfortunately football doesn't work like that...

a 3 year contract offers a safety net for any prospective manager and equally we are in desperation mode pretty much with terrible form and no Director of Football.

that said, I'd offer a 3 year contract- but offer really high incentive based rewards- maybe something like a £4-4.5m per year contract, going up to £7m for a top 10 and £10m for the year for any sort of Cup Win/European Position... wonder if anyone would accept that? tempt Jardim ;)

4.5m per year works out at around 87k a week- we don't offer that much to any of our players do we?

but again- suppose my above is just wishful thinking

He has just Tweeted that we need Adkins back...

It’s a good job he has no input then as that would be a terrible appointment.

Adkins has had his time, he done very well but much of that was down to the squad he had.

Perhaps he should do the honourable thing and resign, he must know the warning signs when the fan base turn on you, he's had it before at QPR, & Stoke. But of course he won't he'll want his £££.

If he resigns then he doesn't get compo, simples. He has to be sacked for that to happen. Stalemate, who blinks first?

**** that. Burnley are abysmal. Awful football. Big Sam's teams play with beauty and artistry compared to the slop Burnley have delivered for the past couple of years.
Agree, it might have served them well, but the Burnley brand of football really is turgid to watch, not for me thanks chef.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Moyes is far worse than Allardyce IMO. At one of them gets results. Moyes is awful.

That said, the next appointment will show a huge amount about the direction the club is going.

If its one of the old has-beens, Moyes, Allardyce or a poor Manager like Monk then we may as well give up.

**** that. Burnley are abysmal. Awful football. Big Sam's teams play with beauty and artistry compared to the slop Burnley have delivered for the past couple of years.

How much of that is determined by the players at his disposal though?

Granted, he clearly doesn't prioritise possession football in the way that someone like Brendan Rodgers does, but I don't know enough about Dyche's history to say that he is definitely a 'percentages' man like Allardyce or Pulis (who I think we would agree, tend to get their teams to play a certain way regardless of their players - even though Allardyce doesn't necessarily do away with flair players).

How much of that is determined by the players at his disposal though?

Granted, he clearly doesn't prioritise possession football in the way that someone like Brendan Rodgers does, but I don't know enough about Dyche's history to say that he is definitely a 'percentages' man like Allardyce or Pulis (who I think we would agree, tend to get their teams to play a certain way regardless of their players - even though Allardyce doesn't necessarily do away with flair players).

I'm not sure. Maybe there's a Johann Cruyff inside him and he will get a chance to show it one day but my view of Burnley is that they are a functional, pretty average Championship team who are likely to get relegated this season and whose finishing position last season is one of those counter-expectational results that happens in sport sometimes. They scored fewer goals in the league than we did last season.

I'm not knocking his job. He's done a brilliant job there, I just haven't seen anything to suggest I would want him here. If we want to do a "get solid and stay up at all costs" job, then Fat Sam has the far better credentials IMO.

The talksport article this one gets the rumour from is based off quotes from Alex Crook who says it wouldn't surprise him if Kelvin Davis and Radhi Jaidi were appointed as caretakers should they sack Hughes"

I reckon we’re waiting until after the Scottish League Cup final this weekend to approach Rodgers. No evidence whatsoever for this, it’s just a hunch.

He'd be absolutely crazy to move. He's got a decent side at Celtic, more silverware on the way this year, good reputation.

Potentially he'd end up in the Championship. We'd be career suicide for anyone right now, and anyone decent will know it.

He'd be absolutely crazy to move. He's got a decent side at Celtic, more silverware on the way this year, good reputation.

Potentially he'd end up in the Championship. We'd be career suicide for anyone right now, and anyone decent will know it.

Agreed. Also don't really see us paying the cash to get him out of his contract.

Think I'd rather see a Technical Director in place before any change is made.