Replacement for Hughes

Bad Wolf

First up it’s 10-30 to 12-30 on every time I’ve attended.

No way we do 4 hours training and I doubt Liverpool do that many hours too unless you’re talking some weights, formations and media work included it that time.

Our training is pretty lame compared to Strachan and Pottechino who had players vomiting on the hell Weds sessions.

First up it’s 10-30 to 12-30 on every time I’ve attended.

No way we do 4 hours training and I doubt Liverpool do that many hours too unless you’re talking some weights, formations and media work included it that time.

Our training is pretty lame compared to Strachan and Pottechino who had players vomiting on the hell Weds sessions.

I remember JWP had a few comments about the hard physical demands of the Poch regime.

I remember JWP had a few comments about the hard physical demands of the Poch regime.

I remember seeing an interview where Poch made them do so much running, that Lambert and other senior players went and expressed their unhappyness at such. Poch then made them run even more the next day. Don't care what level you play at, the fitter you are the better you will do.

This could be complete BS, however i will pass on what ive been told as it seems to make sense of a few things.....

Supposedly from within the family/friends of Ings - At liverpool they trained basically 9-5 every day of the week. At Saints Hughes has the squad training 10-2 and gives them a day off here and there if he feels theyve done well. Hughes is liked and respected by the players as a person, but NOT as a manager.

As i said could all be BS but does explain why they all look so unfit and tired all game. A pro footballer should be able to play for more than 20 minutes without looking like hes just finished the london marathon

I thought when Hughes came in a few players said that he'd upped the training?! Were they just rocking up for a quick game of 5 a side before?

I remember seeing an interview where Poch made them do so much running, that Lambert and other senior players went and expressed their unhappyness at such. Poch then made them run even more the next day. Don't care what level you play at, the fitter you are the better you will do.

I remember that too!

Found the story - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/he-broke-me-rickie-lambert-reveals-the-extreme-levels-mauricio-pochettino-goes-to-in-training-a3655921.html%3famp

Edited by SuperSAINT

I mean it's been pretty obvious the players are not anywhere near fit enough. We are always knackered at the end of the game, we let late goals in, some of the players look exhausted by half time, and we're regularly overrun in midfield. Personally when things aren't going particularly well, thats the first thing you get right, but then I'm not a football manager. The intensity during games has clearly dropped since Pochettino left.

This could be complete BS, however i will pass on what ive been told as it seems to make sense of a few things.....

Supposedly from within the family/friends of Ings - At liverpool they trained basically 9-5 every day of the week. At Saints Hughes has the squad training 10-2 and gives them a day off here and there if he feels theyve done well. Hughes is liked and respected by the players as a person, but NOT as a manager.

As i said could all be BS but does explain why they all look so unfit and tired all game. A pro footballer should be able to play for more than 20 minutes without looking like hes just finished the london marathon

I think you hit the nail on the head, it is complete bull****. No one would train for 8 hours a day. Maybe they are at the training ground between those hours, but a couple of hours intensive training would be max. Our fitness went down hill after Poch left, even under Koeman it was noticeably lower, Puel and MP compounded the problem and suspect Hughes has maintained the same levels. Poch's regime wasn't all good news, players burned out through the high intensity training and playing.

That was Warsash. In his time with us anyway, he may have moved of course since, but I thought he'd left the area.

He’s very recently just moved back to the area as it happens....

I’ll be very surprised if he’s our next manager though, been told he’s ‘settling down now’. That being said I heard a worrying name (Bruce) pop up at the weekend, but I’m hoping that will change now reeds gone, as it was one of his mates...

That’s come from someone in football, not saints related, who said Bruce to saints was the inner word going round.

Martin O’Neil has just quit.....hopefully by pure coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and Roy Keane. Dream team of Keane and Hughes here we come!

I'd like Martin O'Neal and Keane (despite his previous scorn of Saints when a player)

No.

No indeedy.

No, no, no, no, NO.

We keep hearing the same few tired old names mentioned, very much in the Hughes, Pardew mould, when what we really need is an up and coming manager with a good win rate and a recent record of success, like Adi Hütter, Marco Rose, Darren Moore, Daniel Stendel or Paco López. Let's get some enthusiasm and ambition back into our club.

The flip side to that is that by the end of the season, Spurs always fade away. We did the same thing in 2014. Kane was done at the World Cup.

We keep hearing the same few tired old names mentioned, very much in the Hughes, Pardew mould, when what we really need is an up and coming manager with a good win rate and a recent record of success, like Adi Hütter, Marco Rose, Darren Moore, Daniel Stendel or Paco López. Let's get some enthusiasm and ambition back into our club.

I haven't heard of four of those but why would Darren Moore join us? Given the choice between a good chance of promotion with West Brom or a high chance of relegation with us, it's surely an easy choice for him to stay

Rodgers

Arteta

Wenger

Jardim

Schmidt

Wagner

There's good options out there for a club showing any ambition. Would be truly pathetic to go for an Allardyce type but someone will do it.

Questionable whether any of those would come to us in our current predicament. The threat to their reputation from being relegated is huge

Rodgers

Arteta

Wenger

Jardim

Schmidt

Wagner

There's good options out there for a club showing any ambition. Would be truly pathetic to go for an Allardyce type but someone will do it.

Some good names on there. I'm not sure they'd all join though. I'd like to see a stop gap until the summer (even if that means Allardyce) and then Arteta or somebody of that ilk come in fresh.

It’s pretty obvious Mark Hughes can’t go on so the big question is who would you like and who you would hate at our club.

Ideal option

(1) Rodgers - Would be good for us and knows this league.

(2) Big Sam - Wins matches and will breed confidence back to the fans and players.

Worst option

(1) David Moyes - Hate his football and he is so dull to listen too.

(2) O’Neill - Has been and a massive backward step.

Brendan Rodgers would be a perfect appointment I think.

But I think he will stay at Celtic until the summer and leave as a hero, safe in the knowledge he will get a decent mid-table Prem job, from Leicester to Newcastle to Palace or us if we stay up. He doesn't need the grief of walking into a sh itstorm at any club, including ours.

Any other appointment is risky. I'd prefer we steer well clear of flavour of the month flash in the pan managers on the back of five minutes work in the Championship. But, hey, forum dinlows can cream their pants over them but not really what we need.

Edited by CB Fry

It’s pretty obvious Mark Hughes can’t go on so the big question is who would you like and who you would hate at our club.

Ideal option

(2) Big Sam - Wins matches and will breed confidence back to the fans and players.

Worst option

ideal option: probaby Jokanovic of tose who might actually come

Worst option: Big Sam

Ideal option

Worst option

Big Sam will have the same effect as Hughes, old style football old style training nothing will change, Everton fans wanted him out within a month.

We need someone who can change our style, bring back the high fitness levels which Poch brought in ( which now seems to be the norm in every other premier league club apart from us), bring back attacking pressing football which in turn brings in good results.

Rodger Smichit would be my choice as he plays similar type to Poch.

The flip side to that is that by the end of the season, Spurs always fade away. We did the same thing in 2014. Kane was done at the World Cup.

No the ‘flip side’ is still successful. The ‘Alternative’ is relegation and fading after 30mins from the first game to the last....

A couple of years ago you would have laughed at the thought of Big Sam but now if it was a straight choice between him and leaving it as it is I would probably take it. Very sad state of affairs but at least he would get the defence into shape and know what is needed to stay up.

Despite his difficulties in the past, Nigel Pearson is a no nonsense manager who can get the best out of average players.

Having moved to Belgium to manage a second tier side I doubt he would want to return to the premiership ( let alone Southampton ),

but he is the type of manager this club needs right now. My other choice would be David Moyes, who is better than his record indicates.

Alex Ferguson knew a thing or two about football management, and it was he who chose DM to succeed him at Utd.

We are in a scrap for survival, and need somebody with experience of the situation.

One thing is certain Mark Hughes has to go.