Arguments

Cabbage_Face

Seems to be reflected by performances on the pitch, although a mystery to me what 'power' any of the squad could hold really given how way short of PL standard most of them are. If they were playing at their natural level in Championship or League One, or say Jupiler League/SPL, fair enough. The only ones with any standing should be McCarthy (through performances), PEH (through attitude), Bertrand (pedigree), Gabbiadini (ditto) and Ings (pedigree and attitude). Cedric could join that group but suspect he's sadly one of the players Eric refers to. The rest just need to run their balls off, get super-fit, and then they'd have a chance against opponents that with the exception of Cardiff and Huddersfield, are miles better than them in terms of technique and attitude.

Most of them wouldn't get into top half Championship first XIs = wake up call. Get fit, work harder and they might improve or at least compete.

As for Hoedt, Wessex League at best. In terms of all round attitude, ability, fee, wages, impact etc, worst SFC player in 35 years and possibly. Whoever scouted and recommended him deserves a life ban from the game. Jakobsson was a similar attitude but at least he tried.

What a load of pony.

Gabbi,hasn’t got much pedigree.

What on earth has Cedric done to indicate he’s got a bad attitude, he comes over as extremely professional.

If you think Hoedt is “Wessex league at best”, or even the worst player in 35 years, you’re clearly clueless. As for claiming he doesn’t try, that’s just laughable.

We’re an average bunch, with everyone much of a muchness. Most of the squad are not, as you claim, league one or championship standard. Most would get into the squads of the bottom 10 sides in the premiership , but we’re a team of squad players without leaders, and lacking some creativity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a load of pony.

Gabbi,hasn’t got much pedigree.

What on earth has Cedric done to indicate he’s got a bad attitude, he comes over as extremely professional.

If you think Hoedt is “Wessex league at best”, or even the worst player in 35 years, you’re clearly clueless. As for claiming he doesn’t try, that’s just laughable.

We’re an average bunch, with everyone much of a muchness. Most of the squad are not, as you claim, league one or championship standard. Most would get into the squads of the bottom 10 sides in the premiership , but we’re a team of squad players without leaders, and lacking some creativity.

Your opinion. Can you name a player who has been worse value for money comparatively than Hoedt? Dixon, Speedie, Boufal territory maybe. Cedric - look at the PL stats for last season, he had a stinker. Agent constantly links him with this club and that club yet no one has seriously bid for him.

As for a number of our squad being better than Championship standard, how about 63 odd points from the last 64 games? A pitiful 5 wins from the last 38 league games. That’s more than a bit of leadership lacking fella.

All the arguments and ‘pony’ in the world doesn’t change the fact that is relegation form over a sustained period of time. Either the last managers have been abysmal and holding the players back by 10 points each season or the players are just total ****. I vote the latter.

Reed and Wilson brought them in so they take some responsibility as well. The only thing that is top 10 is the wage bill fir that shower.

Your opinion. Can you name a player who has been worse value for money comparatively than Hoedt? Dixon, Speedie, Boufal territory maybe. Cedric - look at the PL stats for last season, he had a stinker. Agent constantly links him with this club and that club yet no one has seriously bid for him.

As for a number of our squad being better than Championship standard, how about 63 odd points from the last 64 games? A pitiful 5 wins from the last 38 league games. That’s more than a bit of leadership lacking fella.

All the arguments and ‘pony’ in the world doesn’t change the fact that is relegation form over a sustained period of time. Either the last managers have been abysmal and holding the players back by 10 points each season or the players are just total ****. I vote the latter.

Reed and Wilson brought them in so they take some responsibility as well. The only thing that is top 10 is the wage bill fir that shower.

Wessex League is clearly tongue in cheek. Otherwise ignore LD. I wouldn’t be fussed by the opinion of someone who thinks that Jack Stephens is much better than Harry Maguire :lol:

Edited by shurlock

Pony

It’s clearly all a shower of $h!T from top to bottom.

And it’s been heading that way since Cortese was shown the door, Poch was over the wall as soon as the season was over, Koeman was the thumb in the dyke, manager with a glittering playing career who’s reputation opened the door before he walked in, so easy to maintain some of the momentum Poch left behind.

There was a piece linked from these pages, that talked about Mr Liebherrs very successful engineering company that allowed him to buy the club, Mali. Cortese was, possibly, CEO there too and some time after Markus passed away Katherina removed him from his position. Senior engineers working in the Swiss factory commented that since Cortese was removed the business became directionless and was just coasting. This ain’t putting Cortese up on a pedestal because the bloke was a bit unlikeable. I know someone who worked at Saints and they said he would waft in to the building of a morning and not say hello to anyone if he did it was a subject of conversation.

But like Mali we have become directionless and are coasting, five year plans have evaporated, there was some waffle from Kruger about 5 point strategy (so wishy washy that I can’t remember the detail).

Talking of Kruger we have a Director who makes most of us cringe when he opens his mouth. He may be mister ice hockey motivational speaker, but where Hughes is concerned are we back to where we were with Souness who famously commented “you tell me if there is anyone else in football by the name of Rupert?!!” If there was a heated argument between them is Hughes questioning being told what to do by his boss who has no previous affiliation to Football - or Soccer?!

I was all for giving Hughes a chance but when you can see the glaringly obvious in lacking player performances from the stand or from behind the keyboard, and he comes out and says in a live interview about tonight’s game v Everton that the squad will be rotated and that MAYBE and POSSIBLY some of those players will put in a performance to be considered for Sunday that sounds as directionless as we have become. Are those players going to be convinced and perform: l Yoshida maybe as he seems an honourable man.

For those of us working in the real world if we don’t perform in our jobs expect to be shown the door, in Football you can’t sack a player unless he pretty much kills someone even then his contract will be paid up, you can’t just bin the manager without having to pay up his contract what a great job paid handsomely for failure.

As for the players Cedric and Bertrand have made no secret of wanting away (maybe that’s agent talk) but it seems no one has come calling for them........which is pretty damning especially when bang average players like Walker and Stones can be bought by City for mega bucks. When Gabbi arrived he came out of the blocks like his backside was on fire he looked like an absolute steal, then he fizzled out, I commented about him to a chap who knows quite a bit inside football and he said that’s why he is at Southampton and didn’t cost you a lot, all through his career he has scored in phases. You can expand that train of thought through much of the squad - bit like Michael Owen still being Newcastle’s record signing!

I have said before I am a glass half full kind of chap - but right now the glass is looking rather empty. More empty than when we were tumbling down to league one!!!

If these clowns ARE airing their dirty washing in public on the touch line of an away ground at the end of September, we are obviously in a pretty sorry state which is going to spread like an epidemic, looking at the overall performance on Saturday afternoon the place is pretty much infected.

What fun!

Hoedt is the worst CB we’ve had since Seabourne. This is clear as daylight, he won’t get any better. Lazio fans said the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's one of the worst we've had, for sure. Reminds me more of Jackobson though, leggy, clumbsy and ugly to watch. Jackobson was a bit better though and less full of himself seemingly.

I just don't care as much at the moment. I expected us to go down last season and I stopped being bothered about it by about February when it was clear they weren't going to change the manager. I've been to one game this season but I probably won't go to another one with the current setup. I don't think the club really care much anyway so I certainly don't.

I just don't care as much at the moment. I expected us to go down last season and I stopped being bothered about it by about February when it was clear they weren't going to change the manager. I've been to one game this season but I probably won't go to another one with the current setup. I don't think the club really care much anyway so I certainly don't.

Fairweather fan....;)

Fairweather fan....;)

I'll be back once we go down I expect. Either that or get a new owner who actually gives a toss about what we are doing. Some of the best fun I've had as a fan has been when we were rubbish in the lower leagues. Exeter away, West Brom away with Lallana scoring at the death, Walsall away cleaning out the bar, Forest away when we weren't sure if we would have a club to support.

I'll be back once we go down I expect. Either that or get a new owner who actually gives a toss about what we are doing. Some of the best fun I've had as a fan has been when we were rubbish in the lower leagues. Exeter away, West Brom away with Lallana scoring at the death, Walsall away cleaning out the bar, Forest away when we weren't sure if we would have a club to support.

We must have rubbed shoulders as i was at those too

Well as we haven't really heard anything about it it's not really that surprising unless you want to give us some details?

like you say, who cares? Hoedt is a donkey who thinks he is miles better than he is.

The club is odd and run by odd people. I fully expect pompey to be above us in 12 months time.

Well as we haven't really heard anything about it it's not really that surprising unless you want to give us some details?

Not insider knowledge this, was just a fair bit of chatter on social media the other day, he's had another falling out that led to him deleting all references to Saints from his social media, unfollowing Saints and all the rest of that jazz. I was sure someone would've brought it up on here.

like you say, who cares? Hoedt is a donkey who thinks he is miles better than he is.

The club is odd and run by odd people. I fully expect pompey to be above us in 12 months time.

A nicely set-up "told you so" there Batman if I may say so sir.

Be sure to resurrect this post in 12 months time if you turn out to be right, but keep shtum if things turn out differently of course... ;)

A nicely set-up "told you so" there Batman if I may say so sir.

Be sure to resurrect this post in 12 months time if you turn out to be right, but keep shtum if things turn out differently of course... ;)

Happy to sponsor your full membership mate, just drop me a pm.

Forum just isn't the same without your passionate opinions, knowledge, views and humor.

I'm not very good at this SM stuff but isn't this his twitting thing? Doesn't look like he's deleted it to me....

Take a look at Wesley Hoedt (@wesleyhoedt): https://twitter.com/wesleyhoedt?s=09

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Yup looks like it is, must’ve been one of those “for this night only Matthew, I’m going to be... A pr*ck” moments.

It was instagram he deleted.

https://www.instagram.com/wesleyhoedt14/?hl=en

It was his Instagram.

He's clearly a massive baby, that much is clear. With a jumped up opinion of his own worth to us.

I see, not really too sure why you would want to have all these social media platforms if you are high profile whilst being a little delicate to criticism. That said, his Twitter and Facebook appear to still be live so perhaps there is nothing innocuous about his IG account being closed.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Who cares about these little w*nkers.

Reference to the excellent Roy Keane, who speaks sense yet again; https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11517299/roy-keane-blasts-manchester-united-cry-babies

Urgh players Pogba are everything that's wrong with the modern game, he is a decent Midfielder but he thinks he is some sort of God and spends his time doing ****y Social Media videos. So many players to dislike nowadays, Neymar, Pogba, Lingard etc and all the other Social Media, stupid dancing prats.

Happy to sponsor your full membership mate, just drop me a pm.

Forum just isn't the same without your passionate opinions, knowledge, views and humor.

Thanks for the offer sir, however, it's far more amusing sitting back and watching people chomping on your surreptitious bait whilst the mods are seemingly oblivious to it. Textbook ;)

Yup looks like it is, must’ve been one of those “for this night only Matthew, I’m going to be... A pr*ck” moments.

Wasn’t there a similar incident before the Leicester game last year when Pellegrino dropped him? I just posted on the Chelsea thread about the story on the UI about Hughes and Hoedt having a bust up and now not speaking. Don’t know if true but seems to be a lot of smoke.

If he is dropped from the squad or at least the first XI for a committed player like Yoshi it could give the club a real boost tomorrow. The recovery pace will help Vestergaard.

I think starting Hoedt this season has been a goal start to the opposition - let’s cut the gifts out and sack the c unt/s who signed Hoedt