Redmond key pass

benjii

They're really not, but don't let that bother you. In the five games I've seen so far, Nathan's probably been our best player this season. HTH

Remind me how many goals and assists he has so far this season please?

He's just a show pony. Looks dangerous on the ball when he wants to, but offers absolutely nothing in the way of end product.

Remind me how many goals and assists he has so far this season please?

He's just a show pony. Looks dangerous on the ball when he wants to, but offers absolutely nothing in the way of end product.

May have been true once, but much better this season.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

But still no PL goals or assists yet.

For an attacking player, that is all that matters. Pace and trickery counts for nothing if it doesn't produce goals.

I am sorry, but I disagree, Assists and goals mean nothing they don't win games, causing defenders problems at the corner flag is how you win games, this is why we have been bottom half of the league for 1 season + 7 games, just not causing enough problems for defenders with amazing dribbling skills and running ability, Did you not know Long was voted FIFA player of the year for causing more problems than Kim Jong-un has.

players need end product HAHAHA top joke

I am sorry, but I disagree, Assists and goals mean nothing they don't win games, causing defenders problems at the corner flag is how you win games, this is why we have been bottom half of the league for 1 season + 7 games, just not causing enough problems for defenders with amazing dribbling skills and running ability, Did you not know Long was voted FIFA player of the year for causing more problems than Kim Jong-un has.

players need end product HAHAHA top joke

What did write your sports science dissertation at uni on?

Has been our best player this season. Can't really understand anyone saying otherwise.

Because he hasn't, he's not even close. Hojberg, McCarthy, Ings and Vestergaard have all been better.

Goals and assists are what forwards and attacking players are measured on, he does not do either. Doesn't create chances either, he does very little.

Got to love people whining about stats, always hilarious when people are confronted by facts that prove them wrong.

Here are some stats that show how useless he really is -

- Played the most minutes along with Hoedt, Bertrand, Lemina, and McCarthy.

- 0 Goals

- 0 assists

- 2nd most shots behind Ings, with 13 shots, but again ZERO goals.

- 7th for passes, just above the Goalkeeper, again behind players who have played less minutes than him.

- 7th for touches, behind players who have played less minutes than him

- 1st for being dispossessed, losing the ball 17 times, 1 more than Lemina (who has also been poor), next highest is FOUR, that is right he loses the ball like 4 times more than someone like Hojberg or Ings, or even Shane Long.

So what do we have there, a guy who has played a lot, but doesn't touch the ball that much, doesn't pass that much, doesn't score goals but takes a lot of shots, doesn't assist for goals, and loses the ball a lot.

I mean it would be fine if his shooting and dribbles contributed something, Zaha loses the ball a lot, shoots a lot, but he also scores, creates and earns fouls for his team. (Zaha attempts less dribbles than Redmond, shoots about the same, but in less games already has 3 goals and 1 assist, he also gets fouled almost 3 times as often as Redmond)

'best player'.

:mcinnes:

Edited by tajjuk

Because he hasn't, he's not even close. Hojberg, McCarthy, Ings and Vestergaard have all been better.

Goals and assists are what forwards and attacking players are measured on, he does not do either. Doesn't create chances either, he does very little.

Got to love people whining about stats, always hilarious when people are confronted by facts that prove them wrong.

Here are some stats that show how useless he really is -

- Played the most minutes along with Hoedt, Bertrand, Lemina, and McCarthy.

- 0 Goals

- 0 assists

- 2nd most shots behind Ings, with 13 shots, but again ZERO goals.

- 7th for passes, just above the Goalkeeper, again behind players who have played less minutes than him.

- 7th for touches, behind players who have played less minutes than him

- 1st for being dispossessed, losing the ball 17 times, 1 more than Lemina (who has also been poor), next highest is FOUR, that is right he loses the ball like 4 times more than someone like Hojberg or Ings, or even Shane Long.

So what do we have there, a guy who has played a lot, but doesn't touch the ball that much, doesn't pass that much, doesn't score goals but takes a lot of shots, doesn't assist for goals, and loses the ball a lot.

I mean it would be fine if his shooting and dribbles contributed something, Zaha loses the ball a lot, shoots a lot, but he also scores, creates and earns fouls for his team. (Zaha attempts less dribbles than Redmond, shoots about the same, but in less games already has 3 goals and 1 assist, he also gets fouled almost 3 times as often as Redmond)

'best player'.

:mcinnes:

stats mean nothing m8, he causes defenders problems, that is all that matters.

So assists in cup games don't count during a season?

Im happy he finally got his 2nd assist of the season after 810 min, he keeps this form up and we make both cup finals he might get 5 more by the time the curtain comes down on the season

So by that reckoning we must start with Shane Long every game yes? Sorry but Redmond reminds me of Sterling for England. Runs into blind alleys all the time, fails to deliver any passes that create anything at all. If you think he creates problems, explain how? If all he does is run into blind alleys and not release dangerous passes, then how is he creating any problems for the defence. Must of the time all that happens is that a defender goes with him and ends up watching the ball go backwards to Bertrand or someone else.

Ok. But what's the question?

Its not a question, it is a bad attempt at being a troll, cause he knows Redmond is rubbish and hates that although JWP is slower than a snail, he still has far more end product than Redmond will ever have, and the amazing manager we have just cba to set the tea up to get the best out of all the players we have available.

Its not a question, it is a bad attempt at being a troll, cause he knows Redmond is rubbish and hates that although JWP is slower than a snail, he still has far more end product than Redmond will ever have, and the amazing manager we have just cba to set the tea up to get the best out of all the players we have available.

How is it trolling? I know redmond is rubbish, i've stated this numerous times. I also know JWP is rubbish. But if i want an attacking RM or LM I would pick Redmond. JWP isn't a RM/LM for me, he is a CM, CAM. Thanks for your time thou, you should go back to uni and study playing players out of position and the effects this has on the team.

I'm not a fan of solely judging things on stats, but there isn't much to choose between them over their Premier League career:

https://www.premierleague.com/players/4617/James-Ward-Prowse/stats

https://www.premierleague.com/players/3811/Nathan-Redmond/stats

And it's quite clear in games that Redmond influences them far more than JWP. His pace, even if not used to his personal advantage, creates space for others and impacts the game. JWP is a different player altogether, so we're not comparing the same sort of player, but Redmond is needed in the team more than JWP.

I'm not a fan of solely judging things on stats, but there isn't much to choose between them over their Premier League career:

https://www.premierleague.com/players/4617/James-Ward-Prowse/stats

https://www.premierleague.com/players/3811/Nathan-Redmond/stats

And it's quite clear in games that Redmond influences them far more than JWP. His pace, even if not used to his personal advantage, creates space for others and impacts the game. JWP is a different player altogether, so we're not comparing the same sort of player, but Redmond is needed in the team more than JWP.

Don't go there, he/she can't grasp that they are not the same type of player and JWP isn't a wing....i mean RM/LM. Also he has a degree in Football.

Genuine question. Are you related to jwp?

• 3 weeks later...

Southampton's Nathan Redmond feels refreshed after change in outlook

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/10/23/ac-southamptons-nathan-redmond-feels-refreshed-after-change-in-o/

The 24-year-old leads the way for Southampton when it comes to creating chances; Redmond has created 13 for his teammates this season, according to Squawka - good enough for 14th best in the Premier League and three more than Saints' next best, Danny Ings.

Despite setting up 13 chances this season, Redmond is yet to register his first assist of the year - a pretty damning statistic for Southampton's forwards.