Saints record in penalty shoot outs

Stud mark of doom

Not too shabby, as far as I can remember. Off the top of my head.

Tonight v toffees - win

Someone (Norwich?) en route to the JPT final - win

Man U away c92 I’m FAC ( Glena chasing Timmy with a cup of tea in hand) - win

Vaguely remember Millwall at the Dell in the mid 80s, league cup. Not sure we won that.

Any others?

I seem to recall we lost away to Bolton, must’ve been early ‘00s as I think we were in yellow and Marsden missed.

I’ve seen us lose to a 120th minute goal on two occasions live - John Eustace for Coventry at the Dell and Jody Morris for Chelsea at the Bridge. Closest I’ve been to seeing a shootout live - wouldn’t have been so bad had it been a 120th winner, but this is Saints after all...!

We won a penalty shoot out to win a trophy at a pre-season game vs Oxford at the Kassam in about 2001 ish.

I am disappointed at your lack of knowledge here CB Fried (PMSL) It was in 2002 and it was to win the Oxfordshire Benevolant cup. Disapointingly our FA CUp final defeat against Arsenal prevented us from become the first team ever to record the historic double of an FA Cup and Oxford Benevolent cup victory in the same season.

Vaguely remember Millwall at the Dell in the mid 80s, league cup. Not sure we won that.

We won that one 5-4 with Kevin Bond scoring the winning pen.

It came after two 0-0 draws, with the home leg being one of the worst games ever witnessed. Only enlivened by a fight between Mark Dennis and John Fashanu, which got them both sent off.

According to the radio commentary I was listening to on the Everton game, the best penalty kick for Southampton was taken by Steven Davis. Wonder if he’s encouraged to advise others.

https://highlightsfootball.com/video/everton-vs-southampton-highlights-3/

03:03 on the video. Absolutely rifled it into the top corner. Great penalty.

Record is:

Millwall League Cup WON

Manu FA CUP WON (Tim Flowers and Glenn Cockerill's rumoured Cup of tea)

Bolton League Cup LOST (I was there and Paul Jones took one to put it into Sudden death and then Marsden missed)

Derby POS LOST (Why did Leon Best who'd had such a bad game take one?)

Torquay FLC WON

Norwich FLC WON (That little urchin kid ran on the pitch and Papa Wago picked him up)

Everton LC WON