Chelsea (H) build-up thread

Pamplemousse

Can't see anything but a Saints victory.

Imagine how much confidence beating Everton reserves in penalties will have given the whole squad. The push for Europe starts here, Top 6 and Wembley Cup Final .... happy days.

Obviously last night's the effects of last night's BrewDog 5am Saint Bottles haven't worn off yet!!

Shame Chelsea don't have a tough away Euro game in some foresaken Hell Hole of a place tomorrow, but a home tie against a team I've never ever heard of, so no Euro hangover t help us out.

Best we can hope is that it's a team of cloggers who take out Giroud and any other 1st teamers who may get a few minutes on the pitch!!

Hazard is close to unplayable at the moment.

It's another free hit IMO, they are in too good form, plus they will probably start Giroud who always scores against us.

I also think Hughes will play 4-4-2 again and that will leave the defence horribly exposed, with Kante, Jorginho and Kovavic dominating the game. We might sneak a goal because they seem to be playing David Luiz and he's always got a mistake in him.

I think we will beat a top 6 team this year, but we need one of them that turns up in bad form or having played a tough champions league game.

They say football is a funny old game, but I don't see any surprised here. Hazard is on fire, Giroud always scores against us - so I figure we'll need at least 3 to win. Seems unlikely. Free hit, we'll probably go 5-4-1, try and stop them playing but it will just invite swarms of pressure.

Got a decision to make for this game as its on sunday I have decided whether to watch my son play U18s Sunday football or saints.

On the one hand I can watch some talented footballers, playing entertaining football, see a few goals, some inept reffing and load of players playing at a good tempo with passion

Or I can watch saints....

Tricky one..

Got a decision to make for this game as its on sunday I have decided whether to watch my son play U18s Sunday football or saints.

On the one hand I can watch some talented footballers, playing entertaining football, see a few goals, some inept reffing and load of players playing at a good tempo with passion

Tricky one..

Go watch your kid m8, encourage him.

McCarthy

Cedric Yoshida Vestergaard Bednarek Bertrand

Lemina Hojbjerg

Redmond Ings

Gabbiadini

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Really! you want to play five defenders, and two defensive midfielders.

..............................McCarthy..........................................

Cedric.....Yoshida......Vestergaard......Bednarek........Bertrand

..............................Romeu..............................................

.....Redmond..........Armstrong..............Elyounoussi..............

............................Ings...................................................

He was an inverted non-latitudinal trequartista with a floating mandate and semi-rigid DM/WM duties.

So he played in an attacking role in which combines the finishing ability of a traditional striker with the creativity and vision of a playmaker?

Tricky one..

No brainer go watch your Son he will only be a nipper once, plenty of opportunities to watch Saints let you down: it’s as reliable as Christmas coming every year.

So he played in an attacking role in which combines the finishing ability of a traditional striker with the creativity and vision of a playmaker?

No, no, no. That's a very high-level description. It's much more nuanced and fluid than that. This is big-boy ****. PhD level.

Did we play with Wingers yesterday? was Redmond playing as a winger yesterday?

I don't know what a Winger is, why you asking me? But if you want to know I think he was playing as a wide sweeper dropping forward to cover the largest area of turf per mile, which I think annoyed big Dave on radio solent.

I wasn't at the game, so therefore my knowledge of football has decreased by 10 percent, hopefully going this weekend will increase it by circa 5%.

Really! you want to play five defenders, and two defensive midfielders.

..............................McCarthy..........................................

Cedric.....Yoshida......Vestergaard......Bednarek........Bertrand

..............................Romeu..............................................

.....Redmond..........Armstrong..............Elyounoussi..............

............................Ings...................................................

So you want to drop Hoijbjerg who has been one of our best players for Romeu...

And FYI when we play 3/5 at the back we always still have 2 CDM’s...

--------------McCarthy-------------

----Yoshida-Vestegaard-Bednerek

Cedric--Romeu-Hojberg--Bertrand

------------Lemina-----------------

---------Ings-Gabbiadini----------

Lemina man marking Jorginho

Subs Gunn Stephens Targett JWP Redmond Elyounoussi Gallagher/Austin

Something has happened with Hoedt and Hughes.

Hoedt is having a meltdown and cleared his IG account and any mention of saints.

Yeh saw someone mentioned something about that on Twitter a couple of hours ago.

Can't say I'm that bothered really, no big loss.

Hoedt is having a meltdown and cleared his IG account and any mention of saints.

Let's hope you're right (I heard similar today as well).

I don't want him to be off because one day he will be a good player, but for now he isn't and shouldn't be anywhere near our first team.

Hughsie must have announced his line up to the players with Hoedt not starting.

Don't understand the tantrum (if true), surely he has enough self-awareness to realize he's not played that well. I though the black box was supposed to keep us away from players like this (obv not, re: Wanyama, VVD, Osvaldo etc.) and steer us towards players that'll say "you're right gaffer" and then they up their level in training.

Are you claiming he’s had a meltdown based on him clearing his IG account (which could be for all manner of reasons) or do you have separate info that he’s had a meltdown?

Great news if true. Would much rather see Yoshida or Bednarek picked in the league side as Hoedt is absolutely crap at defending. I don't buy all this "he will be good eventually" stuff. To me, he looks like he doesn't have the defensive instincts or attitude to be a success in this league.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk