Chelsea (H) build-up thread

Pamplemousse

Are you claiming he’s had a meltdown based on him clearing his IG account (which could be for all manner of reasons) or do you have separate info that he’s had a meltdown?

Separate source, though can’t be certain of authenticity. Though previous poster has heard similar today.

I do know Hoedt is very quiet and doesn’t have many friends within the squad.

--------------McCarthy-------------

----Yoshida-Vestegaard-Bednerek

Cedric--Romeu-Hojberg--Bertrand

------------Lemina-----------------

---------Ings-Gabbiadini----------

Lemina man marking Jorginho

Subs Gunn Stephens Targett JWP Redmond Elyounoussi Gallagher/Austin

I like that team. There's enough movement and threat from Redmond, Gabby and Ings to compensate for the three midfielders and three CBs.

I like that team. There's enough movement and threat from Redmond, Gabby and Ings to compensate for the three midfielders and three CBs.

Redmond isn't in it. If you play 3 midfielders, 3 defenders and 3 forwards you're putting a hell of an ask on your wing-back.

Redmond isn't in it. If you play 3 midfielders, 3 defenders and 3 forwards you're putting a hell of an ask on your wing-back.

Yes, of course, misread Saint IQ's team. I still like it though; Lemina and at times Hoj to push forward occasionally or in counter attacks, and measured attack from Bertrand and Cedric. I mean you can't go full cannon against a slick outfit like Chelsea, but I just like the absence of Austin and Long and the inclusion of Romeu who should lift against his former side and gives Lemina and Hoj a little licence to get forward. I expect Hoedt will start, but he shouldn't! Three CBs though is nearly nailed on.

Yes, of course, misread Saint IQ's team. I still like it though; Lemina and at times Hoj to push forward occasionally or in counter attacks, and measured attack from Bertrand and Cedric. I mean you can't go full cannon against a slick outfit like Chelsea, but I just like the absence of Austin and Long and the inclusion of Romeu who should lift against his former side and gives Lemina and Hoj a little licence to get forward. I expect Hoedt will start, but he shouldn't! Three CBs though is nearly nailed on.

Yeah I agree.

You either need to be cautious or really aggressive. We can't just hope to muddle through this one. They have too much quality and seem to be right behind the new manager.

Lube up! For God's sake don't let them go in dry!

McCarthy

Yoshida Vestergaard Bertrand

Cedric Hojbjerg Romeu Lemina Targett

Ings Redmond

Subs: Gunn, Bednarek, Stephens, Armstrong, JWP, Long, Austin.

Thats what I'd try.

Just drafted Hazard into my fantasy prem, so no doubt it will go wrong for me.

(

I have Hazard, Kante and Alonso. So no doubt we lose 4-1 with none of them scoring or assisting, no clean sheet, yellows for Kante and Hazard and a red for Alonso this time.

Hughes presser mostly consisted of him saying he is confident our home form will improve without offering any auggestions as to why, and mentioning that we just haven't had many home games under his tenure, overlooking failure to beat any of Burnley, Brighton or Leicester this season.

I have Hazard, Kante and Alonso. So no doubt we lose 4-1 with none of them scoring or assisting, no clean sheet, yellows for Kante and Hazard and a red for Alonso this time.

Had a dream last night that Rudiger of all people scored a brace, so put him in the team this morning. Watch him now give away a 90th minute penalty, when Chelsea are already 3-0 up, get himself sent off and lose my clean sheet bonus for Alonso and Hazard (who wont be involved in any Chelsea goals).

The only thing consistent with him is that every season, Liverpool win his league. Liverpool's immediate opponents happen to be Chelsea at the moment, so they'll lose 5-0 away to Saints, ensuring his league, in his weird head, has Liverpool clear ...

Plus, Ings used to play for Liverpool, so he must be good and will score.

It seems not so long back that we went into most home games inc Chelsea with the thought of a win a reality. That’s no longer with us and it’s hard to see where a goal is coming from. This one is more than likely a 0-3 loss...how depressing.

I really don't remember a time when saints fans expected to beat any of the big six. We have got some good results against them since we came back to the PL but I still don't think we all thought we would get a result pre-match.

I really don't remember a time when saints fans expected to beat any of the big six. We have got some good results against them since we came back to the PL but I still don't think we all thought we would get a result pre-match.
I do. Under Pochettino and Koeman I thought we had a major chance, especially at home.

Mostly because we had a sprinkling of top 6 quality players in those teams, attackers who could hurt anyone and a solid defence.

This’ll be 2-0, Hazard and then a later one from Giroud to put it to bed. They are a good team in form, we are an average team out of form. Newcastle is the key game - Hughes needs to pick his best team here so they build up an understanding for the bigger 6 pointers.

I do. Under Pochettino and Koeman I thought we had a major chance, especially at home.

Mostly because we had a sprinkling of top 6 quality players in those teams, attackers who could hurt anyone and a solid defence.

Agree, all this crap about never expecting to beat the top six has only really been relevant the last couple of seasons.

Before then we regularly won against the top 6 sides both before we were relegated and since we came back up.

You never came on here and saw loads of posters going oh yeah we will do Man U, spurs or Chelsea etc before a game even when we where doing well.

Agree, all this crap about never expecting to beat the top six has only really been relevant the last couple of seasons.

Before then we regularly won against the top 6 sides both before we were relegated and since we came back up.

really? regularly?

lets take an example since the mid 1960 we've beaten Man Utd a whole 19 times in all competitions in 100 games

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/southampton-fc/manchester-united/11/

bit better against spurs

31 wins in a 103 attempts in all competitions

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/southampton-fc/tottenham-hotspur/11/

hardly seems like regularly beating them to me.