Chelsea (H) build-up thread

Pamplemousse

b0ed8d255024a82a81f425bb8969c811.jpg

The boss is in town for this one. Gao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hand-delivered P45s for Les and Ralph?

For all Reed & Wilson's failings I'd be more concerned if two of the characters sat with Gao in the photograph are the new Director of Football, and Head of Recruitment. I'm hoping it's a Financial Adviser who is looking to outspend Fosun's investment and has the back up to do it.

Watching Giroud v Hoedt in the air is going to be comical.

Probably BS but reported on the UI that Hoedt and Hughes had a bust up after the Wolves game and now not speaking. We will find out after the teamsheet is announced tomorrow but it would be a big boost to everyone bar Chelsea and Hoedt himself if he is dropped from the squad.

He turned up last monday unannounced

Wasn't he reported to have been at the Wolves match ?

Just to add, it seems ridiculous if people are looking to critiscise him for attending matches, it would be a greater concern if he didn't show up at all*. Just hope he sees enough to realise things aren't working as well as they should.

*Although Man City don't seem to have done too badly with an owner who has attended twice in ten years according to reports earlier in the season.Just goes to show what can happen if you put the right people in place to run things (not to mention bung a few hundred million in to the coffers).

Edited by Badger

Has anyone ever felt less confident then they have today? We’re shocking, our home form is probably the worst in the country, and they have the best player in the division. Going to be a proper miserable day.

It'll be like most games, Hughes will set up not to concede, we'll do this for a while, whilst offering little up front, this will work for a while and the fans will get excited, eventually Chelsea will settle into the game as we sit back desperately seeing off wave after wave of attacks. Eventually conceding 2 or 3 goals.

Interesting to hear the commentators today saying how Fulham have come out to attack and disrupt arsenal, something you'll not hear from a saints team

Hoedt obviously has too much influence over Hughes for what ever reason. This will cause resentment with the other players apart from the fact he is crap! Poor decision Hughes... A huge risk for Hughes too as he may lose the crowd if as is likely Hoedt doesn’t perform .....

Mystifying ..

Has anyone ever felt less confident then they have today? We’re shocking, our home form is probably the worst in the country, and they have the best player in the division. Going to be a proper miserable day.

i have no confidence in this Saints team to beat any side in the league, no matter how crap they are. Cardiff, Hudds, Newcastle- I reckon they’d all get something from us.

Hoedt obviously has too much influence over Hughes for what ever reason. This will cause resentment with the other players apart from the fact he is crap! Poor decision Hughes... A huge risk for Hughes too as he may lose the crowd if as is likely Hoedt doesn’t perform .....

Mystifying ..

:lol:

You could say Hughes is rewarding players who have performed well in training or in the Everton game but that’s probably not accurate in that he’s chosen that line up on his assessment of current form and with regard to the opposition. In my opinion, he’s done this to put out what he sees as the best team as at today, not to reward individuals.

So Moi...Armstrong and Vestergaard all out of the starting 11,or even the squad.

And not forgetting Carrillio shipped out.

Shows how **** our incomings have been of late.

Transfer policy has killed us last couple of seasons.

Quite like the look of the line up today with the exception of the obvious.

However, whatever line up or formation we pick, it's hard to see our current crop of players coping with Hazard and Giroud.

Just hope we try to start positively and get some service in to Ings and Gabbi.

So Moi...Armstrong and Vestergaard all out of the starting 11,or even the squad.

Good point, other than Ings it's the same team from last season.

Our recruitment department really needs a radical change in direction, whatever's happening in the "black box" room, it's not working.

More mystifying is how some of our older signings are still getting picked despite failing week after week.

another thumbs up for our recruitment