Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forster - Loaned to Celtic: Official

Quote Originally Posted by East Kent Saint View Post
    Well you can reduce peoples wages if they are long term sick , even in my day we got 6 months full pay and then HALF pay after that . Of course people staggered back to work just before 6 months was up and then went sick again thus resetting the 6 months !
    Shopworkers (in the seventies) did not get paid for going sick on a Friday or Monday and were only given sick pay for two WEEKS.
    These days people are on joke self employed contracts which means they get NO sick pay .
    People now go to work when ill as they would be called in for an interview and grilled about going sick etc etc , of course this meant the really ill got hauled in for a stiff interview while the "professionals" knew when to ease off ringing in spoof sick until the reporting period reset !
    FF should be well set up financially now and he may want to try something else , good wishes to him anyway .
    Some of us want to be self employed and are not ‘entitled’ so leave out the self employed violins please.
    No one is forced to do anything !

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    Donít be silly. Footballers donít run out of sick pay and go on SSP. There is absolutely 0% chance that the PFA or FF agent will accept us reducing his wages. None whatsoever. There maybe a series of fines if he doesnít train, but I doubt very much weíd start fining him if heís got mental health issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    All of which is completely irrelevant if Fraser himself has agreed to a reduced wage, which is what is being suggested by some people.

But your suggestion that it would be illegal to reduce someone's wages just for being ill is just plain wrong. It all depends on the contract terms of course, and in most cases outside of the football bubble it is completely normal.

What's the basis for the suggestion that either a) Fraser is or has been unwell, and b) that he's taken a pay cut. Or is it baseless SaintsWeb b0ll0x?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bexy View Post

But your suggestion that it would be illegal to reduce someone's wages just for being ill is just plain wrong. It all depends on the contract terms of course, and in most cases outside of the football bubble it is completely normal.
    Youíre getting wages/salary and CSP/ SSP mixed up. You can get CSP which may pay you less than your wage, and for most people SSP will be less, but you cannot reduce someoneís wages.

There is zero chance that footballers will be paid anything other than 100% salary when theyíre ill or injured.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Article linking comments in the Sun (I know!!!) Seems to think Forster just had another pay rise??

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by darren2 View Post
    Article linking comments in the Sun (I know!!!) Seems to think Forster just had another pay rise??
    Is that not like on FM where players get % increases every year in their contract?

No interested club could get to what he was on before the increase anyway, so Nixon’s report is a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by darren2 View Post
    Bonkers, but if true, probably a built in annual hike rather than a new deal. He's not going anywhere sadly.

9. Default

Forster bizarrely linked with Liverpool move in the Daily Mail

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...dow-shuts.html

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Forster bizarrely linked with Liverpool move in the Daily Mail

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...dow-shuts.html
    I still don't believe this is true. At all. But....

@DominicKing_DM: Simon Mignolet has agreed a deal to join Club Brugge. He's flown to Brussels to sign his contract and told Liverpool's players this evening that he was leaving. More on @MailSport
    @_pauljoyce: Simon Mignolet set to join Club Brugge. Due to undergo medical tomorrow. Liverpool will look to sign a new No2.
    Last edited by SuperSAINT; 04-08-2019 at 08:37 PM.

More likely Alex McCarthy

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by saint77 View Post
    Yeah. Much more likely of the 2.

Any idea why Macca wasn't playing yesterday? - Not 1 of your 3 outs is he?

Macca nearly went in Jan, so....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by saint77 View Post
    Slot filled - Adrian.

McCarthy has no intention of leaving if he’s being offered less at another club than he’s on now.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie May View Post
    McCarthy has no intention of leaving if he’s being offered less at another club than he’s on now.
    Ditto Forster, I assume.

I'm pessimistic at the best of times, but I thought we'd find a buyer for Macca.

FF will probably be here for the duration of his contract at this rate.

I wonder how much of a players wages at SMS are made up of appearance money, loyalty bonus, image rights (!!!) on top of a basic?

18. Default Fraser Forster lined up for emotional Celtic return after injury to Scott Bain

Given they are out of europe, wonder what proportion of his wages they'll be able to pay.

This is really good news for everyone involved and I wish him well if this happens. He was great keeper for us in the early days and maybe a fresh start will restore his confidence and prolong his career. Fingers crossed for the big man!

Quote Originally Posted by Baird of the land View Post
    Given they are out of europe, wonder what proportion of his wages they'll be able to pay.
    their higher earners are on circa £30k a week.....

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    This is really good news for everyone involved and I wish him well if this happens. He was great keeper for us in the early days and maybe a fresh start will restore his confidence and prolong his career. Fingers crossed for the big man!
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    Total myth. He was never great, he had that one decent game at Arsenal that time. Other than the only saves he made were the ones straight at him and half of those he parried. Never had any command of the box and couldn't get to anything lower than his waist, can't catch and his distribution was always appalling.

I really like Forster as a person (from what I know) and wish him all the very best. I've never heard anyone say a bad word about meeting him (though I haven't myself).

I was delighted when we signed him because his performance for Celtic against Barca stuck in my mind but sadly he's been massively disappointing. Hopefully a move will do him good.

All the best, big guy!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baird of the land View Post
    They aren't out of Europe. Europa League.

25. Default

Fraser Forster set for medical at #Celtic today after deal agreed with #Southampton. More @TheSunFootball @SunSport

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...box=1566457480

Fraser Forster set for medical at #Celtic today after deal agreed with #Southampton. More @TheSunFootball @SunSport

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...box=1566457480
    Not clear if itís a loan or perm. Either way Iím happy for him and to get all or part of his wages off the bill

27. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Toadhall Saint View Post
    Not clear if it’s a loan or perm. Either way I’m happy for him and to get all or part of his wages off the bill
    Can’t imagine it’s a permanent. He’s on a huge long contract here.

Would assume it’s a heavily subsidised loan.

Anything more than nothing has to be a benefit for us.

29. Default

The the surprise of nobody, it will be a loan: https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17...linked-celtic/

30. Default

Funny how everyone can't find the cash when they want to buy back players. Guess it's the wages.

31. Default

Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Funny how everyone can't find the cash when they want to buy back players. Guess it's the wages.
    He’s likely on close to triple what Celtic pay their players.

It’s a loan with option to buy at end of season. Can’t wait to see how he handles the first Old Firm match at Ibrox in 10 days time.

Quote Originally Posted by manji View Post
    It’s a loan with option to buy at end of season. Can’t wait to see how he handles the first Old Firm match at Ibrox in 10 days time.
    That's assuming he'll start ahead of Craig Gordon.

An interesting one, I'm really keen for him to have an excellent time up there. He's clearly lost his way a bit here and he needs to play. Dropping a level and playing for the best team in the league should mean he should be more confident, and therefore perform better.

It may be that a season playing games every week, will help him build his confidence and put himself in the shop window next summer.

Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    An interesting one, I'm really keen for him to have an excellent time up there. He's clearly lost his way a bit here and he needs to play. Dropping a level and playing for the best team in the league should mean he should be more confident, and therefore perform better.

It may be that a season playing games every week, will help him build his confidence and put himself in the shop window next summer.
    He shouldn't have many saves to make.

Excellent news. McCarthy's as good a number two as a club our size can hope for. Forster is simply hopeless at this level now following his decline, but was above McCarthy in the goalkeeper pecking order for what I can imagine only being monetary reasons. Hopefully we can now keep hold of McCarthy as the adequate backup to Gunn.

Celtic have a wage cap at £25,000 a week. I should imagine he's on at least double that so we'll be paying some of his wages, but not all.

Hopefully a year playing will make him a more attractive proposal to other teams for a permanent move next summer.

Not quite sure how Celtic couldn't stump up the money, they've hardly spent big and have received a fair whack for Dembele and Tierney.

Good luck to him up there.

We're saving a few quid, he's going to get to play, and away from the pressure down here.
    Hopefully he can find his way back to being a decent keeper and we can get a nice fee.
    Win-win!

Until he drops his first cross....

Quote Originally Posted by rallyboy View Post
    Until he drops his first cross....
    I can't remember him dropping too many crosses... it's ANYTHING on target which is a problem for him.

You’ve got to come and try and catch it before you can drop it....I seem to
    remember he like the comfort of standing on his white line!

41. Default

He could be a new neighbor I'm told.

Apparently still owns a place in my town

If he moves back in I'll give him hell

Good luck to him, hope he can get his career back on track. He was the only senior player to stay out signing autographs for all who were waiting after the open training session earlier in the Summer.

At long last!

The guy does want to play football after all! I thought he was going to do **** all again for the season.
    Hope he does well, which puts him in the shop window next year and he can get his career back on track.

Going from England number 2 to Southampton's 3rd goalkeeper is quite the fall...

Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    At long last!

The guy does want to play football after all! I thought he was going to do **** all again for the season.
    Hope he does well, which puts him in the shop window next year and he can get his career back on track.

Going from England number 2 to Southampton's 3rd goalkeeper is quite the fall...
    Was it ever confirmed that he didn't want to play or was that based on your own supposition?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He could be a new neighbor I'm told.

Apparently still owns a place in my town

If he moves back in I'll give him hell
    I suggest that you only need to be in the same town and it will be hell for him lol

Quote Originally Posted by saintmonkey1979 View Post
    Was it ever confirmed that he didn't want to play or was that based on your own supposition?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Think it was confirmed by ITKs that he had refused to move even on loan on a few occasions over the last 2 transfer windows...
    It is not anyway the first time that the club have tried to move him on.

He's played one game in the last 18 months whilst being the highest paid player at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    I suggest that you only need to be in the same town and it will be hell for him lol
    Forster will be ok as he doesn't live in bedsit land

Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    Forster will be ok as he doesn't live in bedsit land
    That's a bit unfair, he must be pretty well off as I was told he had a millionaires shortcake the other day. Only teasing Heis,lol

Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    Think it was confirmed by ITKs that he had refused to move even on loan on a few occasions over the last 2 transfer windows...
    It is not anyway the first time that the club have tried to move him on.

He's played one game in the last 18 months whilst being the highest paid player at the club.
    Not wanting to take certain moves is very different to not wanting to play. He may have refused moves for all sorts of good reasons. Not sure how you lurch from that to assuming the fella didn't want to play.

Poor Celtic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk