Fraser Forster

spyinthesky

But your suggestion that it would be illegal to reduce someone's wages just for being ill is just plain wrong. It all depends on the contract terms of course, and in most cases outside of the football bubble it is completely normal.

You’re getting wages/salary and CSP/ SSP mixed up. You can get CSP which may pay you less than your wage, and for most people SSP will be less, but you cannot reduce someone’s wages.

There is zero chance that footballers will be paid anything other than 100% salary when they’re ill or injured.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
Article linking comments in the Sun (I know!!!) Seems to think Forster just had another pay rise??

Is that not like on FM where players get % increases every year in their contract?

No interested club could get to what he was on before the increase anyway, so Nixon’s report is a bit odd.

Article linking comments in the Sun (I know!!!) Seems to think Forster just had another pay rise??

Bonkers, but if true, probably a built in annual hike rather than a new deal. He's not going anywhere sadly.

• 2 weeks later...

I still don't believe this is true. At all. But....

@DominicKing_DM: Simon Mignolet has agreed a deal to join Club Brugge. He's flown to Brussels to sign his contract and told Liverpool's players this evening that he was leaving. More on @MailSport

@_pauljoyce: Simon Mignolet set to join Club Brugge. Due to undergo medical tomorrow. Liverpool will look to sign a new No2.
Edited by SuperSAINT

McCarthy has no intention of leaving if he’s being offered less at another club than he’s on now.

Ditto Forster, I assume.

I'm pessimistic at the best of times, but I thought we'd find a buyer for Macca.

FF will probably be here for the duration of his contract at this rate.

This is really good news for everyone involved and I wish him well if this happens. He was great keeper for us in the early days and maybe a fresh start will restore his confidence and prolong his career. Fingers crossed for the big man!

Total myth. He was never great, he had that one decent game at Arsenal that time. Other than the only saves he made were the ones straight at him and half of those he parried. Never had any command of the box and couldn't get to anything lower than his waist, can't catch and his distribution was always appalling.

I really like Forster as a person (from what I know) and wish him all the very best. I've never heard anyone say a bad word about meeting him (though I haven't myself).

I was delighted when we signed him because his performance for Celtic against Barca stuck in my mind but sadly he's been massively disappointing. Hopefully a move will do him good.

All the best, big guy!

Fraser Forster set for medical at #Celtic today after deal agreed with #Southampton. More @TheSunFootball @SunSport

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9770004/southampton-celtic-fraser-forster/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballtwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1566457480

Not clear if it’s a loan or perm. Either way I’m happy for him and to get all or part of his wages off the bill

An interesting one, I'm really keen for him to have an excellent time up there. He's clearly lost his way a bit here and he needs to play. Dropping a level and playing for the best team in the league should mean he should be more confident, and therefore perform better.

It may be that a season playing games every week, will help him build his confidence and put himself in the shop window next summer.

An interesting one, I'm really keen for him to have an excellent time up there. He's clearly lost his way a bit here and he needs to play. Dropping a level and playing for the best team in the league should mean he should be more confident, and therefore perform better.

It may be that a season playing games every week, will help him build his confidence and put himself in the shop window next summer.

He shouldn't have many saves to make.

Excellent news. McCarthy's as good a number two as a club our size can hope for. Forster is simply hopeless at this level now following his decline, but was above McCarthy in the goalkeeper pecking order for what I can imagine only being monetary reasons. Hopefully we can now keep hold of McCarthy as the adequate backup to Gunn.

Celtic have a wage cap at £25,000 a week. I should imagine he's on at least double that so we'll be paying some of his wages, but not all.

Hopefully a year playing will make him a more attractive proposal to other teams for a permanent move next summer.

Not quite sure how Celtic couldn't stump up the money, they've hardly spent big and have received a fair whack for Dembele and Tierney.

Good luck to him up there.

At long last!

The guy does want to play football after all! I thought he was going to do **** all again for the season.

Hope he does well, which puts him in the shop window next year and he can get his career back on track.

Going from England number 2 to Southampton's 3rd goalkeeper is quite the fall...

At long last!

The guy does want to play football after all! I thought he was going to do **** all again for the season.

Hope he does well, which puts him in the shop window next year and he can get his career back on track.

Going from England number 2 to Southampton's 3rd goalkeeper is quite the fall...

Was it ever confirmed that he didn't want to play or was that based on your own supposition?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Was it ever confirmed that he didn't want to play or was that based on your own supposition?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Think it was confirmed by ITKs that he had refused to move even on loan on a few occasions over the last 2 transfer windows...

It is not anyway the first time that the club have tried to move him on.

He's played one game in the last 18 months whilst being the highest paid player at the club.

Think it was confirmed by ITKs that he had refused to move even on loan on a few occasions over the last 2 transfer windows...

It is not anyway the first time that the club have tried to move him on.

He's played one game in the last 18 months whilst being the highest paid player at the club.

Not wanting to take certain moves is very different to not wanting to play. He may have refused moves for all sorts of good reasons. Not sure how you lurch from that to assuming the fella didn't want to play.

Forster joins Celtic on loan

Southampton Football Club can confirm that goalkeeper Fraser Forster has joined Celtic on loan for the remainder of the season.

The 31-year-old has completed a switch back to the Scottish club, which he moved to Saints from in 2014, and will now look to help them secure a ninth league title in succession.

Forster previously spent four seasons with the Glasgow side, joining on an initial loan from Newcastle in 2010 before making his switch to Parkhead permanent in 2012.

Everyone at Southampton would like to wish Fraser well for the season ahead.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2019-08-22/announcement-fraser-forster-southampton-celtic-season-loan

Probably the best move he could have hoped for. Back on familiar ground, knows the club, the fans know him.... hopefully he can regain some confidence.

He hasn't played properly for years, obviously he had that killer injury which probably derailed his career a lot. But he was successful at Celtic and a lot of clubs looked at him when he was there. I don't have any hard feelings against the guy, this is the perfect place for him to get back playing and hopefully earn a move on the back of it.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Fraser Forster