Alan Pardew 53.13%

Dean Wilkins 0%

Nigel Adkins 54.03%

Mauricio Pochettino 38.33%

Ronald Koeman 48.35%

Claude Puel 37.74%

Mauricio Pellegrino 23.53%

Mark Hughes 26.32%

Thought I'd just type this here as I'm bored at work.

Koeman truly was a superb appointment by Les and Ralph and took us to heights no one else has achieved since Lawrie. From strength to strength. Other leaders/managers had got us muddling along in mid-table in that time but those three broke us through, literally to the next level, to Europe.

Puel and Poch at 38% each is interesting too.

Unbelievable stats.

Nigel Pearson's stats are an unfair reflection of his short period. He took over a team that was rock bottom in morale and then scraped enough points to avoid relegation. Lowe came back and then rewarded Pearson with the sack.

Pochettino was the breakthrough at PL level. He took us from a relegation fighting team to an upper midtable side but one with a style that was clear and that thenplayers clearly believed in. He changed the perception of Saints as a PL club (probably briefly as we now find ourselves in back to back relegation scraps).

Easily the best Saints manager of my lifetime because of the transformative effect he had.

Koeman obviously superb too. Shame we couldn't keep either of them as its been firmly downhill since then.

Koeman truly was a superb appointment by Les and Ralph and took us to heights no one else has achieved since Lawrie.

I disagree as Puel got us to a Cup final and a memorable run as well. It was only the latter half of his only season did the results go downhill. Mainly due to the fact that the club sold all the goals just before he arrived.

I know its history but it would have been good to see if the team developed the following season once he had bought some of his own choices in

I've always thought Koeman's first season was our peak. Because Pochettino had laid the foundations of that side, which we continued to benefit from (fitness, ability to press when needed) but Koeman added a different dimension to our play. Suddenly we could pass the ball from side to side AND go direct. And defensively we were so solid, you were always confident of keeping a clean sheet.

Obviously in Koeman's second season we went on that incredible run where we seemed to beat everybody, only Leicester outperforming us, and it of course led to our 6th place finish which was brilliant, but we seemed to look less convincing and maybe had more fortune about our results, rather than because we were actually better than we had been before.

Just my opinion, expect there'll be people who think I'm spouting nonsense...

For those of us old enough to remember managerial longevity :

Nigel Pearson : 15 months

Jan Poortvliet : 9 months

Mark Wotte : 7 months

Alan Pardew : 13 months

Dean Wilkins : 1 month

Nigel Adkins : 28 months

Mauricio Pochettino : 16 months

Ronald Koeman : 24 months

Claude Puel : 12 months

Mauricio Pellegrino : 10 months

Mark Hughes : ?

Not since Chris Nichol (ended May 1991) has a manager lasted more than the 3 years the club handed Mark Hughes....

Adkins unfortunate to have been sacked, but Pochettino an inspired, high risk choice - he was the transformer. Koeman built on and improved the great work Pochettino did. Those three all did great jobs for the club. One was fired by us, two fired us. Not sure what that says about us.

Hughes's managerial record suggests slow improvement over 12-18 months to reach mid-table mediocrity, then collapse as things get stale. I don't think we've got the time or patience this time. Am not a manager myself - funny that - but isn't the very first step in re-building to make yourselves hard to beat, especially at home? When he continues to play Hoedt before Yoshida it tells me he has no clue about the defensive skills of what we have at our disposal.

Very interesting from the OP. Can anyone do the same with just league results?

If we only count games since our return to PL:

Adkins: 22.7% (5W 7D 10L) - 1.00 points/game

Pochettino: 35.2% (19W 18D 17L) - 1.39 points/game

Koeman: 47.4% (36W 15D 25L) - 1.62 points/game

Puel: 31.6% (12W 10D 16L) - 1.21 points/game

Pellegrino: 16.7% (5W 13D 12L) - 0.93 points/game

Hughes: 20.0% (3W 4D 8L) - 0.87 points/game

Goals scored per game:

Adkins 1.36

Pochettino 1.35

Koeman 1.49

Puel 1.08

Pellegrino 0.97

Hughes 0.93

Goals conceded per game:

Adkins 1.82

Pochettino 1.22

Koeman 0.97

Puel 1.26

Pellegrino 1.47

Hughes 1.53

If you rate our teams performance by manager then Koeman > Poch > Puel > Adkins > Pellegrino > Hughes

Edited by Ultimatt