Style Points: Ranking all 20 Premier League clubs by how they play the game

doddisalegend

While I cannot disagree that we are hugely boring to watch - I have been bored most of the time since Koeman left, with the odd period of thinking "why can't we always play like this?" - there is one bit of the article that is completer tosh. "He appears to have caved to supporters' demands to play two men up front" - what utter, utter rubbish. Caved to supporters' demands!!? If he has, then he should be sacked. That he saw that 1 up front wasn't seemingly working, as did supporters, is not the same thing as caving in to supporters' demands. Writing that in an article (I haven't read the rest of it) takes away any and all gravitas.

We are nowhere near as boring as under MoPe.

We are looking much better at times going forward...far more creative: faster ball movement, more midfielders in the box; although not creating as many decent chances as we should. Yet.

Thought it was interesting that against Everton Targett looked far more of an attacking threat than Bertand has this season...and we seemed to create more.

I'm much more positive about our forward play (despite the bluntness of Austin and Long).

It's the **** defence and awful substitutions that worry me.

Impressive centre backs.

Who wrote this? Some tool that's listened to Sky Sports News and played Championship Manager?

Did think that MLG hasn’t posted in a while. That’s the sort of **** he’d say.

While I cannot disagree that we are hugely boring to watch - I have been bored most of the time since Koeman left, with the odd period of thinking "why can't we always play like this?" - there is one bit of the article that is completer tosh. "He appears to have caved to supporters' demands to play two men up front" - what utter, utter rubbish. Caved to supporters' demands!!? If he has, then he should be sacked. That he saw that 1 up front wasn't seemingly working, as did supporters, is not the same thing as caving in to supporters' demands. Writing that in an article (I haven't read the rest of it) takes away any and all gravitas.

The article is utter hogwash. Has Burnley near the top.... then describes them as sitting deep and playing direct long ball football to attack. Would probably rate a Pulis and BFS team in the top 4.

The article is not ranking teams on how entertaining their style of play is, just ranking them on how consistently they stick to an identifiable style (i.e. Entertaining - Man City, boring and defensive - Newcastle)