Kevin Keegan

saintoaks

Incredible to think we actually managed to sign KK. I heard a story that Lawrie Mac lured him to his office, locked the door, threw the key out of the window and refused to let him out until he signed. Don't know how true that was but sounds plausable.

Incredible to think we actually managed to sign KK. I heard a story that Lawrie Mac lured him to his office, locked the door, threw the key out of the window and refused to let him out until he signed. Don't know how true that was but sounds plausable.

Or maybe blackmailed with layby footage?

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/16965169.lawrie-mcmenemy-kevin-keegans-memoirs-bring-back-happy-memories/

Nice piece in the echo from Lawrie, interesting to see what they fell out on but will have to buy the book I suppose !

For me as a teenager this was such a fantastic time to be a saints fan and memories I will never forget.

I can’t remember the match, but after a poor result Big Mac accused KK of cheating (as in not putting in the effort). KK was not best pleased and it was the beginning of the end of his time with us.

I can’t remember the match, but after a poor result Big Mac accused KK of cheating (as in not putting in the effort). KK was not best pleased and it was the beginning of the end of his time with us.

My recollection was a 0-3 home defeat by Villa over the Easter period at a time we were in contention for the title. Pretty woeful performance all round not just KK.

Not sure if KK was returning from an injury, or carrying an injury, but he didn't recover his form from earlier in the season. Rumour at the time is that LM's accusation was that KK was saving himself for the World Cup. In the event KK was injured for most of the World Cup that summer and only played 20 minutes as a sub.

Edited by Badger

My recollection was a 0-3 home defeat by Villa over the Easter period at a time we were in contention for the title. Pretty woeful performance all round not just KK.

Not sure if KK was returning from an injury, or carrying an injury, but he didn't recover his form from earlier in the season. Rumour at the time is that LM's accusation was that KK was saving himself for the World Cup. In the event KK was injured for most of the World Cup that summer and only played 20 minutes as a sub.

I think you will find it was the Swansea away game, the following Tuesday, when we lost 1-0.

After the first half, in which we were utter sh ite, they had the barney in the dressing room.