Saints 0-3 Chelsea - Match + Reaction

Hamilton Saint

3-0. They've just taken the **** out of us.

HUGHES OUT.

Its not Hughes fault ffs.

The board must love **** like this, they do a crap job and the fans blame the manager every single time. Nothing will change with this board. The fans need to wake up!

Its not Hughes fault ffs.

The board must love **** like this, they do a crap job and the fans blame the manager every single time. Nothing will change with this board. The fans need to wake up!

Our fans are too soft. I’d argue some of them are actively part of the problem.

Just watch Lemina in that move. Utterly couldn't give a tosss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d like to think he’d never wear a Saints shirt again. We’ve got some proper poor players not least Hoedt but you can’t fault his effort whereas Lemina is a disgrace.

Brilliant goal. No doubt Hoedt will get the blame for it though.

Of course he should. He's come out of position and dived in, not won the ball and created the space for Morata. He's dived in about 5 times today without winning the ball, and on two occasions they've scored because of it

Of course he should. He's come out of position and dived in, not won the ball and created the space for Morata. He's dived in about 5 times today without winning the ball, and on two occasions they've scored because of it

I’m glad you know what you’re talking about. Some of the people on here are clueless.

Agree it was bad defending.

Can't understand how he seems to be the first name on the teamsheet.

this was one of the reasons I logged in, it was stupid defending by Hoedt. To lose by 2 would have been an ok result giving them that simple chance added salt to the wound

How are players like Long, Romeu, Hoedt anywhere near our side.

Agree with Hoedt and Long, but thought Romeu was the right half-time sub and resulted in a better midfield performance plus more Saint's play higher up the pitch. Chelsea were different class but at least the second half performance was encouraging.

How are players like Long, Romeu, Hoedt anywhere near our side.

Who else do you suggest then?........Mcqueen looked ok and he could play central midfield?...nowhere near the bench....Sims out on loan....boufal out on loan......Hesketh out on loan.....Carrilio out on loan........

What happend to Gallagher,injured i know but cant he get ahead of Long?.........do we have anything left in the club to suggest were going to improve?..............

I’m glad you know what you’re talking about. Some of the people on here are clueless.

I have some sympathy for Hoedt. He tries but he’s just not good enough. He should never have been signed. It’s a club issue not the player. We have the worst pool of CB’s you could ever imagine.

Agree with Hoedt and Long, but thought Romeu was the right half-time sub and resulted in a better midfield performance plus more Saint's play higher up the pitch. Chelsea were different class but at least the second half performance was encouraging.

Agree with most of this. Hoj, Lemina and Romeu should all be starting.

I’d like to think he’d never wear a Saints shirt again. We’ve got some proper poor players not least Hoedt but you can’t fault his effort whereas Lemina is a disgrace.

Thought Lemina was good today - worked hard, passed well and got forward.

Who else do you suggest then?........Mcqueen looked ok and he could play central midfield?...nowhere near the bench....Sims out on loan....boufal out on loan......Hesketh out on loan.....Carrilio out on loan........

What happend to Gallagher,injured i know but cant he get ahead of Long?.........do we have anything left in the club to suggest were going to improve?..............

I’d play Vestergard over Hoedt, even Stephens is marginally better. Long offers nothing, so just don’t play him, ever.

Utterly pathetic. Hughes is a dinosaur, playing football from the 90’s. Hoedt must have something on him.

Sack him now and get Henry before he goes to Villa and give the city some buzz about the place and him 2 weeks to work with the players. 4 points minimum from the next two. Absolute minimum.

Hughes Out.

Utterly pathetic. Hughes is a dinosaur, playing football from the 90’s. Hoedt must have something on him.

Sack him now and get Henry before he goes to Villa and give the city some buzz about the place and him 2 weeks to work with the players. 4 points minimum from the next two. Absolute minimum.

Hughes Out.

Henry. [emoji23][emoji23].

Hughes Out.

Its not the manager, tis the squad of useless , slow in pace and minded players

Very passive performance for the most part, against the big teams you have to take the few chances that you create.

Didn't think anyone was awful, just not at the same level as Chelsea.

We had nothing on the bench to hurt Chelsea and change the game. Austin stands still and contributes nothing, Long runs around and contributes nothing.

I wish we would look to the future a bit and maybe have Obafalemi or Gallagher on the bench instead .

However to those saying we need to go down to have a proper clear out, we can't get rid of Long. Austin, Forster Davis etc as it is, why would clubs snap our hands off in we are in the Championship ? Despite what many posters think f them. Lemina

, Cedric Bertrand Hojberg and the like would be snapped up and we would be stuck with all the has beens .

8 games gone and we've reverted to the failing team of last year (with ings the only exception) and still haven't worked out the best formation and strongest side.

TBH we are getting caned far worse than under the clown. Still think we'll be just about ok.

I would add that the lack of post match reaction threads in favour of reactions just being tacked on to the match thread is indicative of the overwhelming sense of apathy enveloping everything about our club and team atm. I'm ok with no man of the match poll today though.

Who's fault is it that Ings missed the biggest sitter of the season, Hughes, Reed, Hoedt?

Awful miss, utterly awful and would have made a different game had he scored

No it wouldn't, they would have just scored a couple of minutes later. They were in total control