Saints 0-3 Chelsea - Match + Reaction

Hamilton Saint

Yet again the tactical genius Hughes proves his worth.

3 different formations in the 1st hour.

Zonal marking which has led to more goals conceded than anyone else.

I wish someone would take his 1987 coaching manual that he got free with match magazine off him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is Les Reed’s legacy.

Agreed. Heads should have rolled in the summer but instead they patted themselves on the back and continue to serve up the same old **** to a long suffering fan base paying an absurd amount to watch absolute dross.

Nearly a quarter of the way through the season and we have a manager who has no idea what his best team is and no idea what formation best suits his players. Asking Gabbi to play wide is ridiculous. Zonal marking clearly doesn’t work for this team. I seriously fear for us going forward if Hughes remains in charge.

Better from Saints..nice move with Ings shooting it straight at the keeper.

1 of only 2 comments during the spell that we were playing well. I was thinking "I'm actually enjoying watching us play". But then Chelsea score a soft goal. A bit like the first half, and something which seems typical of us.

We probably need to wait for someone to get fired before we make our move. All of the out of work alternatives are far, far worse than Hughes.

Not all of them..... theres conte but good luck persuading him

Gives Hughes something to moan about in the post match interview, won't mention the two stonewall penalties for Chelsea though.

The thing is, Chelsea scored after the Hoedt/Giroud penalty. So it didn't affect the outcome of the game. It should have been 0-1 and then shortly afterwards, it was.

Too easy to blame the manager IMO.

Let’s start with the cowardly players, Krueger and Reed and the scouts.

Not all his fault at all. But he keeps talking about not picking players who can't do it at the weekend, picking people he trusts etc. Yet continues to pick the same people, play the same way and get the same results.

The players are gash no doubt about it but if they are not performing drop them. Pick some kids if need be. That's on the manager. He is **** and tactically doesn't have a clue. He is trying to implement 1990s style football in 2018.

OK, which one of you posted this on the BBC text feed?

"Just a few years ago Saints were an exciting attacking football team. Not scared to have a go at any team home or away. Now it is a team full of players that are cowards and not fit to wear the shirt. Mark Hughes is only taking us down, probably ending back up in League One."

Anonymous

OK, which one of you posted this on the BBC text feed?

"Just a few years ago Saints were an exciting attacking football team. Not scared to have a go at any team home or away. Now it is a team full of players that are cowards and not fit to wear the shirt. Mark Hughes is only taking us down, probably ending back up in League One."

Anonymous

Anonymous. Obviously .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's obviously things that can be better, but there is also part of me that feels like Chelsea simply have a lot better players than us, and to beat a side like that you have to be well organised and hard to break down, take your chances, and get the rub of the green.

Hughes can be responsible for the first two, but have we really been that bad defensively? Not sure he is responsible for Ings & Bertrand missing, nor Kepa pulling off that save a minute ago.

This is not just Hughes mess, but he’s certainly not helping matters.

We’re like a portaloo at a festival. Pretty much been dumped on by everyone and in badly need of a clean up as people are now preferring to hold it in or go in the bushes. Without toilet paper.