Cedric

supersonic

Why pick on Cedric? Name one player comes out of this season with any credit. With the possible exception of McArthy I can't think of one.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Redmond and Danny did okay as well... Certainly tried.

Ings was dreadful today. Not just in front of goal but his all round play Looked sloppy.

On another day he bags 2 or 3 with the chances he had.

Just about the only outfield player who looked like he gave a toss. Problem with our team at the moment, no-one who cares (maybe Yoshida).

Just about the only outfield player who looked like he gave a toss. Problem with our team at the moment, no-one who cares (maybe Yoshida).

Chuck me out there and I’ll run around and look like I give a toss. That won’t make/help us win football games though.

I’m at the point of giving up, we practically need a whole new 11. We’ve got some decent players but something is clearly very wrong in the camp.

Singling out Cedric does seem a bit odd. He's by no means the worst offender out there. I'd say only Ings, Yoshi, Bednarek, McCarthy and sometimes PEH look fussed. None of the others seem to care too much, at least not on the surface.

The trouble on the pitch is because of the trouble off the pitch. With absentee owners who show no sign of caring and a chairman who also shows no sign of involvement and a manager who has known only failure at Ipswich, Man City and Stoke and a Director who has spunked a fortune on players not good enough for even the bench, what can we expect from those on the pitch? they must be demoralised, I know I am.

• 1 month later...
Singling out Cedric does seem a bit odd. He's by no means the worst offender out there. I'd say only Ings, Yoshi, Bednarek, McCarthy and sometimes PEH look fussed. None of the others seem to care too much, at least not on the surface.

Cedric was rated in a Guardian article as one of the worst players this season in the prem.

A player who needs to be replaced. Perhaps Clyne from Liverpool as he is 3rd choice there?

We do need quite a few other players as well....2 x Centre Half’s and a leader which we have missed for a long long time. Probably since the Van Dijk fall out with the club.

Apart from his lack of height so can't defend a high ball , yesterday he just stood around in the box and failed to notice or even attempt to challenge their attackers as they scored . His contribution was to wave his arms about after the ball went in our net .

This applied to the other "defenders" as well who stood around watching the man with the ball and failing to get any sort of challenge in !!!

He needs to shut his yap and practice his crossing. The fact that he is still ballooning the ball over the box multiple times a game for the last 3-4 years is an indictment of just how useless he is and pointless to have on the field. Playing with this passenger, his mate Austin, and the Bambis at centre back it’s no surprise we can’t win a game for toffee. You can’t expect to win when you start each game with 8 men.

Cedric probably leads the Saints 'individual errors' league table. And with Hoedt around, that's a mighty achievement. I have lost count of the number of times he has been beaten at the far post leading to a goal. Also provides next to nothing going forward, no goals and just 10 assists over the past 4 seasons. And yet is almost ever present. Unbelievable from the club.

He really needs to look at his own part in Fulham's goals and recognise that before criticising anyone else. He may have been exposed because of lack of tracking back by other players, but he is a defender and he needs to defend better than he did in that game. Unfortunately the club saw fit not to sign a senior back up right back in the summer so he probably sees himself as untouchable. I would still leave him out and play a youngster like Valery who will play for the shirt.

Genuine question, who is the back-up RB?

I presume we'd play one of Stephens/Yoshia/Bednarek there but does anyone actually know?

Zero idea. We did this the year we sold Chambers didn't we? Literally had no back-up & got lucky as Clyne played nearly every game.

We dont have one, probably JWP or Stephens, Stephens in a 4 I would expect. There basically isn't anyone, so it doesnt matter how bad Cedric plays, he'll probably play if fit.
Bednarek did ok away at Fulham. As long as not asked to go forward and stay solid it could work again but cant see Hughes risking it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We dont have one, probably JWP or Stephens, Stephens in a 4 I would expect. There basically isn't anyone, so it doesnt matter how bad Cedric plays, he'll probably play if fit.

I'm starting to think that Stephens would be a better option currently. But then, I'm also thinking he should be starting at CB instead of Hoedt.

And then I find myself feeling total despair that I am thinking about Jack Stephens as the answer to our problems.

I'm starting to think that Stephens would be a better option currently. But then, I'm also thinking he should be starting at CB instead of Hoedt.

And then I find myself feeling total despair that I am thinking about Jack Stephens as the answer to our problems.

And there lies the problem....! What a sad state of affairs...

I dont think Cedric is as bad as many make out.

He is small and therefore a weak link when isolated at the far post by a taller opponent,

He is quick and relatively skilful on the ball.

One of the problems he has is the cover he gets from the player in front of him.

Neither Gabbiadini (when he plays right side) or Mo Whats his name offer much protection when opponents attack down the left hand side as was evidenced by Fulham's second goal

The issue is way bigger than Cedric. There is a very worrying trend of players stagnating and losing their way when they join the club. The only signing to have considerably improved since joining in the last two years is McCarthy, and he's a GK.

The issue is way bigger than Cedric. There is a very worrying trend of players stagnating and losing their way when they join the club. The only signing to have considerably improved since joining in the last two years is McCarthy, and he's a GK.

Indeed.

Romeu won player of the season in 16/17 under Puel - now he can't even get in the matchday squad let alone the starting 11.

Bertrand used to be a very dangerous attacking LB. These days he barely ever ventures past the half way line.

Cedric has undoubtedly regressed since he came here. There's not a chance in hell that he would have got picked for the Portugal squad that won the Euros in 2016 on his current form.

• 3 weeks later...