No Plan, No Strategy @ All Levels

Dusic

Ownership - more than a year and still no idea what Gao is doing here let alone actually speaking to the customers of his business. All we can conclude is this takeover was a very negatove move from a supporter perspective.

Boardroom - Reed going further into his shell after 3 poor years and two, possibly three poor managerial appointments.

Wilson has more responsibility yet a largely woeful recruitment record, culminating in a poorly balanced, bloated squad where the highest paid player is our third GK with 0 minutes played.

Add to this a Chairman whose public comments are largely delusional and seemingly no CEO in the organisation structure. Who actually runs the business side of the club now?

Manager - went the whole pre season with 3 CBs then binned it after 60mins versus Burnley and again today. Recruitment clearly made with this formation in mind. Chops and changes players and systems but with seemingly no clue what is the best and with which players - after quite a lot of games.

Little suprise the club is performing badly - there is no plan, no cohesion and no direction - at all levels.

Agreed Fans need to down tools, stop attending games and paying to watch this dross. Do a West Ham and rebel against the owner! imagine if the fans actually did that today booed towards GAO oh i'm forgetting our fans are a bunch of drips with no balls like our players.....

Fair post.

This is the poorest situation post Liebherr. Which is easy to say because we’ve always been on an upward curve. However since Koeman left we have gone on a downward spiral. Signings poor, poor choice of managers and awful football. I think we need changes from top to bottom. Fresh direction and better recruitment. We are in danger if we do nothing of going down but everyone can see that. We are potentially the next Sunderland.

Clubs a mess from the top. My sentiments exactly. But I don't think the club is actually bothered.

Of course they aren’t. Literally ALL they’re interested in is the PL millions, which is quite ironic because we aren’t going to have it much longer.

Ownership - more than a year and still no idea what Gao is doing here let alone actually speaking to the customers of his business. All we can conclude is this takeover was a very negatove move from a supporter perspective.

Boardroom - Reed going further into his shell after 3 poor years and two, possibly three poor managerial appointments.

Wilson has more responsibility yet a largely woeful recruitment record, culminating in a poorly balanced, bloated squad where the highest paid player is our third GK with 0 minutes played.

Add to this a Chairman whose public comments are largely delusional and seemingly no CEO in the organisation structure. Who actually runs the business side of the club now?

Manager - went the whole pre season with 3 CBs then binned it after 60mins versus Burnley and again today. Recruitment clearly made with this formation in mind. Chops and changes players and systems but with seemingly no clue what is the best and with which players - after quite a lot of games.

Little suprise the club is performing badly - there is no plan, no cohesion and no direction - at all levels.

You missed out terrible backroom staff. Kelvin coaching. I mean come on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ralph and Les are Bullet proof. They earn a lot of money that they wouldn't get anywhere else. If we go down they are going nowhere.

I think putting pressure on Gao is the right answer. I don't know how that would be done but its clear he is a huge factor in us slipping into oblivion. Cheers Kat, hope you are happy with your dirty money. And i'm sure she is.

agree on every point.

When will we hear about the famous 5 pledges chairman Gao has???

Oh I miss the good days when saying the club has no plan, no strategy meant you were a troll and clueless.

Can I play my "I told you so" card yet?

Could take a long time to fix this mess, first step is Les out, I blame him most for this mess.

Ha ha.

agree on every point.

He is a private man, and probably hasn't even told Krueger why he has bought the club.

At the fans forum that much seemed clear.

Agreed Fans need to down tools, stop attending games and paying to watch this dross. Do a West Ham and rebel against the owner! imagine if the fans actually did that today booed towards GAO oh i'm forgetting our fans are a bunch of drips with no balls like our players.....

#Gaoout! #GaoAway! #LetsGao****ingMental

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?60297-Gao-Away!-protests#.W7pdM9DTU0M

Writings been on the wall for years but we didn't all see it because we were doing so well. Kat sacking cortese. Selling all our best players. Buying cheap unknown players. Appointing les Reed one of the worst football managers of all time. Selling us to someone with no money. Our current situation was always going to happen. Oh well, at least we don't have any players Liverpool will want this time. We are rotten to the core. Relegation would probably be the best thing to happen to us. I'd rather be in the champ and watch saints win games that see saints aim for 17th every year. I'm sick of pl football and sick of our club being run into the ground. Remember when we were considered the 2nd best run club in England just behind spurs? Now we are one of the worst. The fans deserve better than this shyt.

I asked this at the Saints Voice panel meeting, with the club, back in Sept. This was the reply from Toby Steele, the MD, where he:

"accepted that our form last season stalled the communication of these pledges and there was a strong focus on the pitch. These will now be interwoven within the Club strategy, which will be communicated to fans."

I asked this at the Saints Voice panel meeting, with the club, back in Sept. This was the reply from Toby Steele, the MD, where he:

"accepted that our form last season stalled the communication of these pledges and there was a strong focus on the pitch. These will now be interwoven within the Club strategy, which will be communicated to fans."

Clearly Toby is a disciple of Ralph.

I was there today ally, at the final whistle some of our fans boo'd. Where's your balls mate, hung on the wall behind your keyboard?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

We've already said "gao bye"

Since you gotta go, oh you'd better

Gao now, gao now, gao now (gao now, ooh)

Before you see me cry?

I don't want you to tell me just what you intend to do now

'Cause how many times do I have to tell you Jisheng, Jisheng

We're not in love with you now

Whoa oh oh oh

We've already said "so long"

I don't want to see you gao, oh you'd better

Gao now, gao now, gao now (gao now, ooh)

Don't you even try?

Tellin' me that you really don't want it to end this way

'Cause Jisheng', Jisheng', can't you see we don't want you to stay, yeah

Since you gotta go, oh you'd better

Gao now,…

Songwriters: Larry Banks / Milton Bennett

What a load of utter ********.

Why can't the club just be honest with the fans instead of treating us like morons?

Writings been on the wall for years but we didn't all see it because we were doing so well. Kat sacking cortese. Selling all our best players. Buying cheap unknown players. Appointing les Reed one of the worst football managers of all time. Selling us to someone with no money. Our current situation was always going to happen. Oh well, at least we don't have any players Liverpool will want this time. We are rotten to the core. Relegation would probably be the best thing to happen to us. I'd rather be in the champ and watch saints win games that see saints aim for 17th every year. I'm sick of pl football and sick of our club being run into the ground. Remember when we were considered the 2nd best run club in England just behind spurs? Now we are one of the worst. The fans deserve better than this shyt.

It was obvious the summer Cortese went. But many fans didn't, or didn't want to see it.

It was obvious the summer Cortese went. But many fans didn't, or didn't want to see it.

But the players still would have left, you really honestly believe they would have all stayed just because Cortese was here? I don't, not for 1 min, footballers are hard done by, they need to be able to buy a new mansion every month, go on spending sprees after ever shift and save for life after football. they wont stay here just cause of Cortese. in the lower leagues yes was easy as the big clubs didn't want are players then, was obviously going to get picked apart like every other club in the league not fighting for the title does.

But the players still would have left, you really honestly believe they would have all stayed just because Cortese was here? I don't, not for 1 min, footballers are hard done by, they need to be able to buy a new mansion every month, go on spending sprees after ever shift and save for life after football. they wont stay here just cause of Cortese. in the lower leagues yes was easy as the big clubs didn't want are players then, was obviously going to get picked apart like every other club in the league not fighting for the title does.

Precisely, they would have gone regardless and most reasonable people realise this and those that think they would have stayed

if Cortese was still here are very deluded...

We have sold well for very good prices but recently failed to sign sufficient quality to continue our good run, that is our problem

and we are struggling because of it not because 1 man has left...

its not about who stays.

Do you think he would have hired Pellegrino? Or even Mark Hughes?

Doubtful to say the least

Precisely, they would have gone regardless and most reasonable people realise this and those that think they would have stayed

if Cortese was still here are very deluded...

We have sold well for very good prices but recently failed to sign sufficient quality to continue our good run, that is our problem

and we are struggling because of it not because 1 man has left...

Yeah precisely, But I don't think we have spent badly, not perfect but not badly, Ings has been good, Redmond has bags of potential ( But no one can give him the ball so he can ru at the goalkeeper / behind the back line ) ( rmstrong ( jury still out but not getting game time ) Lemina has talent but lacks the mental ability to give his best, HOJ I like him, I think he was a awesome buy, Vest I think is / has potential to be on same lvl as fonte but top lvl in time. Targett I think will turn out better than Bertrand. we have good players, they just not set up to be a proper team, MH is not getting the best out of the players he has imho, Puel would have us being boring, but he would have got results....

Maybe, maybe not. The premise of this thread is that the club currently has no specific direction, goal, or plan to achieve it. Whatever accusations are levelled at Cortese and regardless of their accuracy, one thing nobody can say is that he didn't have a clear vision of where he wanted to take the club. It may have been completely pie in the sky and unachievable, but his goal was there and clearly stated; who knows whether or not some players might have stayed to be a part of it, for that matter who knows which players might not have come here in the first place if not for that plan? As for players getting sold on regardless of who the chairman is, if that's the case why are some chairmen (like Levy) seen as particularly difficult to deal with in the transfer market, and why are we presently viewed as a soft touch?

Maybe, maybe not. The premise of this thread is that the club currently has no specific direction, goal, or plan to achieve it. Whatever accusations are levelled at Cortese and regardless of their accuracy, one thing nobody can say is that he didn't have a clear vision of where he wanted to take the club. It may have been completely pie in the sky and unachievable, but his goal was there and clearly stated; who knows whether or not some players might have stayed to be a part of it, for that matter who knows which players might not have come here in the first place if not for that plan? As for players getting sold on regardless of who the chairman is, if that's the case why are some chairmen (like Levy) seen as particularly difficult to deal with in the transfer market, and why are we presently viewed as a soft touch?

I don't see Levy as difficult, he trys to get best money for players, When Real wanted Bale, He left, Same for Modric, Walker, every spurs player leaves when clubs bigger than spurs want them, Only reason Kane has not left is cause he is a Spurs fan...… but if Spurs keep failing to win any thing, he too will leave.

I never heard any player, Say they signed cause we was gong to challenge for the champions league. When we was in league 1, its was to be prompted to the championship, in the championship it was to get to the prem, we was the BIG BOY back then, a big club in a very very abysmal position, we spent more on wages, transfers. we did a United / Chelsea and co getting back to the prem, we brought promotion.

I don't see Levy as difficult, he trys to get best money for players, When Real wanted Bale, He left, Same for Modric, Walker, every spurs player leaves when clubs bigger than spurs want them, Only reason Kane has not left is cause he is a Spurs fan...… but if Spurs keep failing to win any thing, he too will leave.

I never heard any player, Say they signed cause we was gong to challenge for the champions league. When we was in league 1, its was to be prompted to the championship, in the championship it was to get to the prem, we was the BIG BOY back then, a big club in a very very abysmal position, we spent more on wages, transfers. we did a United / Chelsea and co getting back to the prem, we brought promotion.

Wrong pal - quite a few sides outspent us in the transfer market in the championship.

in ralphs first interview he talked about how we needed to live within our means (or words to that effect) - that tells us all we need to know about the direction of the club from that point. Trouble is it's an ever decreasing circle when all other clubs are investing TV money to grow and improve.

In the context of current popular opinion this is a bit left field but I wonder if les has been shafted by ralph as well. The way he has seemingly disappeared whilst ralph steps forward could suggest that les isn't supportive of the way the club is now being run and has been told to tow the line. What if les wanted to get rid of mope much earlier but wasn't allowed to? Puts ralphs interview back in Jan into a very different light.

It's no surprise that Les and Ralph are still here with the rumoured "3 years of no board changes" promise. They're known to put profits over on-field success which is music to an owners ears. Sadly for Gao he was sold a dud. It was a mix of academy talent + great players already in the team from L1/Championship + great scouting that made us successful and all of that was gone when Gao took over. He's no Abramovich or Qatari prince, he's in this to make money from an investment. To that effect it's maintain the status quo of being a selling club putting profits first.

Wrong pal - quite a few sides outspent us in the transfer market in the championship.

From 09/10 season to when we got into the prem, are net spend on transfers was 47.8 million, Closet to are net spend during this period was Norwich, who spend 29.46. We out spent every single team from 09/10 till we got back into the prem.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/einnahmenausgaben/wettbewerb/GB3/plus/0?ids=a&sa=&saison_id=2009&saison_id_bis=2012&nat=&pos=&altersklasse=&w_s=&leihe=&intern=0

We brought are way back to the prem.

Not including teams that played in the prem during this same period unless they got relegated.

If you have owners who don't want to run the club then fair enough but you need one person, ultimately responsible to the owners, who run it for them. It's what we had with Cortese and what Spurs have Levy. The problem is when Cortese was kicked out we never bothered to replace him and the nearest we have to the person running the club on a day to day basis is a Canadian Ice Hockey coach who occasionally pops into the country.

It's no surprise we are a rudderless ship.

From 09/10 season to when we got into the prem, are net spend on transfers was 47.8 million, Closet to are net spend during this period was Norwich, who spend 29.46. We out spent every single team from 09/10 till we got back into the prem.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/einnahmenausgaben/wettbewerb/GB3/plus/0?ids=a&sa=&saison_id=2009&saison_id_bis=2012&nat=&pos=&altersklasse=&w_s=&leihe=&intern=0

We brought are way back to the prem.

Not including teams that played in the prem during this same period unless they got relegated.

Meaningless table: why have you included 2012/13 our first season back in the premier league? It should stop at 2011/12. Schoolboy era little fella. And yes it’s entirely appropriate to look at what our rivals in the championship -West Ham, Leicester, Reading, Ipswich and others- spent (net) over the same period.

Edited by shurlock

Meaningless table: why have you included 2012/13 our first season back in the premier league? It should stop at 2011/12. Schoolboy era little fella. And yes it’s entirely appropriate to look at what our rivals in the championship -West Ham, Leicester, Reading, Ipswich and others- spent over the same period.

ok took the season we got promted from championship out., and apart from the two prem teams Leicester and Norwich Who was also prem teams, we still out spend every one, what is your point?

ok took the season we got promted from championship out., and apart from the two prem teams Leicester and Norwich Who was also prem teams, we still out spend every one, what is your point?

In English? I didn’t say take out the season we got promoted from the championship. I said take out our first season in the PL. What was the net (not gross) spend of the other clubs in the championship in the 2011/12 season? Where’s West Ham etc? Seriously it’s hard to discuss any of this with you when you can’t even get the basics right pal.

All very worthy comments but very naive. Gao's ownership interest is purely financial, as long as we stay in the PL and don't spend money we don't have and the TV contracts after 2022 continue to be as lucrative as they are now then the guy will be getting around 10% return on his investment - very nice little earner indeed these days with interest rates generally low.

It's easy to work out that if he started buying players for £60m he would wipe out 3 year worth of earnings for every player brought in at that level. He is also picking up his regular shareholder dividends. Even if he plans to be here for 5 years there is no way he will dilute his earnings by providing new transfer money.

Any transfer money will have to come from player sales... you know the rest of the story!

All very worthy comments but very naive. Gao's ownership interest is purely financial, as long as we stay in the PL and don't spend money we don't have and the TV contracts after 2022 continue to be as lucrative as they are now then the guy will be getting around 10% return on his investment - very nice little earner indeed these days with interest rates generally low.

It's easy to work out that if he started buying players for £60m he would wipe out 3 year worth of earnings for every player brought in at that level. He is also picking up his regular shareholder dividends. Even if he plans to be here for 5 years there is no way he will dilute his earnings by providing new transfer money.

Any transfer money will have to come from player sales... you know the rest of the story!

Surely he needs to protect his investment by staying in the Premiership, which involves investing? Or at least getting a good manager in (which is probably cheaper)

In English? I didn’t say take out the season we got promoted from the championship. I said take out our first season in the PL. What was the net (not gross) spend of the other clubs in the championship in the 2011/12 season? Where’s West Ham etc? Seriously it’s hard to discuss any of this with you when you can’t even get the basics right pal.

Ok cant help it, The 2 Seasons West ham was in the championship, they lived off parachute payments, so as they get more money than every one in the league for that season, its wrong to include them as they are still in receipt of EPL TV funds, while we was not., I gave you a table on all clubs that had NOT played in the EPL during are rise from league 1 to the prem, we out spent every one but relegated clubs from the EPL ( Which is just obvious and cant believe that I need to explain that to you ).

I did exclude prem clubs for a reason....

So ill brake it up for tiny brains,

From league 1, - 10 points till promotion to the championship, we spent the most money, From the championship to the prem we spent the 4th most money even though 6 clubs had parachute payments from the EPL . take out that parachute payments which is worth around 40 - 60 million, we out spend every one. we was in debt when we got promotion to the EPL ( Again ). we had not made a single penny during this period and was over 50 million in debt ( Which is why Cortese was sacked ).

deleted cba. look it up ya self.

So for posterity lets clear things up. You produce a table purporting to show how we bought our way to the premier league - challenging my point that while we spent (net) a significant amount in L1, quite a few sides spent us in the championship.

Your cute little table, designed to settle the issue once and for all:

1. Gets the dates wrong and includes our spend in the PL.

2. Only compares our spend with clubs in L1 over the period - excluding the vast majority of sides that were in the championship with us in 2011/2012 and were our main rivals for promotion to the PL.

3. Focuses on gross, not net spend, notwithstanding the fact that we lost key players in the turmoil of 2009 and sold AOC in 2011.

Sterling work, pep :lol:

Good idea Mosin, He doesnt want to discuss much at all, just belittle people, not sure why, but he does

I just cant figure out why any one would include teams that get relegated ( Rivals for us in the championship ) that was in receipt of huge parachute payments, Like brum, West ham, , Blackpool, burnley, Hull, Portsmouth, Blackburn. Bolton and wolves. That was like half the championship when we won promotion to the prem who had more money to spend cause off EPL money. ( But Portsmouth as they was bankrupt mind, but still got more money that season than us.

Ok cant help it, The 2 Seasons West ham was in the championship, they lived off parachute payments, so as they get more money than every one in the league for that season, its wrong to include them as they are still in receipt of EPL TV funds, while we was not., I gave you a table on all clubs that had NOT played in the EPL during are rise from league 1 to the prem, we out spent every one but relegated clubs from the EPL ( Which is just obvious and cant believe that I need to explain that to you ).

Wrong again pal. Your table, leaving you seem to have forgotten when we got promoted to the PL, only includes sides in L1 over the period 2009/10-2011/12. Any sides that were not in L1 over that period are excluded from the table. That includes:

Reading

West Ham

Birmingham

Blackpool

Cardiff

Middlesborough

Hull

Leicester City

Watford

Derby County

Burnley

Ipswich Town

Nottingham Forest

Bristol City

Barnsley

There may be others.

Grizzling over West Ham parachute payments is a red herring. My point was that in our championship promotion season there were better resourced/more aggressive clubs than us - its neither here or there where West Ham or others money came from. The fact is that they were able to outspend us. Finally when you take into account our sales, including AOC, our net spend was comparable to many L1 sides, even with the additional financial rewards and demands of promotion to the championship. Obviously we outbid L1 sides on wages but to repeat my point was about our championship season: when you add both wages and net spend, your characterisation that pI ssed all over the opposition like a tinpot Man City is plain wrong.

Take a break pep. You've embarrassed yourself enough today.

Wrong again pal. Your table, leaving you seem to have forgotten when we got promoted to the PL, only includes sides in L1 over the period 2009/10-2011/12. Any sides that were not in L1 over that period are excluded from the table. That includes:

Reading - spent less than us over them 3 years

West Ham - parachute payments

Birmingham - parachute payments - spent less than us over then 3 years

Blackpool - Parachute payments - spent less than us over them 3 years

Cardiff -spent less than us over them 3 years

Middlesborough - spent less than us over then 3 years

Hull - spent less than us over them 3 years - parachute payments

Leicester City -spent less than us over them 3 years

Watford - spent less than us over then 3 years

Derby County - spent less than us over them 3 years

Burnley - Parachute payments - spent less than us over them 3 years

Ipswich Town - Spent less than us over them 3 years

Nottingham Forest - Spent less than us over 3 years

Bristol City - Spent less than us over 3 years

Barnsley - Spent less than us over 3 years

There may be others.

Grizzling over West Ham parachute payments is a red herring. My point was that in our championship promotion season there were better resourced/more aggressive clubs than us - its neither here or there where West Ham or others money came from. The fact is that they were able to outspend us. Finally when you take into account our sales, including AOC, our net spend was comparable to many L1 sides, even with the additional financial rewards and demands of promotion to the championship. Obviously we outbid L1 sides on wages but to repeat my point was about our championship season: when you add both wages and net spend, your characterisation that pI ssed all over the opposition like a tinpot Man City is plain wrong.

Take a break pep. You've embarrassed yourself enough today.

Reading - spent less than us over them 3 years

West Ham - parachute payments

Birmingham - parachute payments - spent less than us over then 3 years

Blackpool - Parachute payments - spent less than us over them 3 years

Cardiff -spent less than us over them 3 years

Middlesborough - spent less than us over then 3 years

Hull - spent less than us over them 3 years - parachute payments

Leicester City -spent less than us over them 3 years

Watford - spent less than us over then 3 years

Derby County - spent less than us over them 3 years

Burnley - Parachute payments - spent less than us over them 3 years

Ipswich Town - Spent less than us over them 3 years

Nottingham Forest - Spent less than us over 3 years

Bristol City - Spent less than us over 3 years

Barnsley - Spent less than us over 3 years

From league 1, - 10 points till promotion to the championship, we spent the most money, From the championship to the prem we spent the 4th most money even though 6 clubs had parachute payments from the EPL . take out that parachute payments which is worth around 40 - 60 million, we out spend every one. we was in debt when we got promotion to the EPL ( Again ). we had not made a single penny during this period and was over 50 million in debt ( Which is why Cortese was sacked ).

Tiny brains? Ironic, considering how many spelling and grammatical errors there are in your post.