All raise a glass to our amazing recruitment

Batman

If it's any consolidation Leslie's commission will take a hammering

What's 3% on nothing?

The "Southampton way"

#cupboardisempty #nomoresales

I wonder if his son is still hoovering up the young lads to his sporting agency..

allegedly

It is a unique achievement to squander £60m on players that do not make today's starting line up. Les Reed must have something on Ralph to avoid getting fired. Meanwhile below us are 4 clubs only one of which, Fulham, spent more than us.

as we see Boufal and Carillo out on loan

Forster holding down the best job on earth.

Now, we have Vestergaard, Armstrong and Mo not even starting

and NO ONE is held accountable.

:lol:

That really is incredible and depressing. Especially when you look at how well little old Boscombe are doing

Instead of bleating on and on about it on an internet forum where no one else gives a t*ss about what you think, why dont you do something constructive and bleat on and on about it to the owner and the board?

Just a complete ****show in all honesty.

One bad transfer window I can accept, maybe two. But this has been going on for a long time -

Summer 2016 - Sell Mané and Pelle, replaced by Redmond and/or Boufal and don't sign another striker,

January 2017 - Sell Fonte and don't sign a replacement, then VVD gets injured and we're left with Yoshida and Stephens for the remainder of the season.

Summer 2017 - Don't sign a striker when the whole world could see that we needed a target man. Austin gets injured again, surprise surprise, so we're instantly short.

January 2018 - Use the VVD money to sign, for a record deal, a striker who never scored for us, only for us to loan him out six months later.

Summer 2018 - All but one of our new recruits are now on the bench or out of the squad entirely, and sanction the sale of Tadic our most creative player.

EMBARRASSING.

The whole club is a complete mess.

It starts right at the top. Krueger and Reed should resign.

Edited by Pamplemousse

One bad transfer window I can accept, maybe two. But this has been going on for a long time -

Summer 2016 - Sell Mané and Pelle, replaced by Redmond and/or Boufal and don't sign another striker,

January 2017 - Sell Fonte and don't sign a replacement, then VVD gets injured and we're left with Yoshida and Stephens for the remainder of the season.

Summer 2017 - Don't sign a striker when the whole world could see that we needed a target man. Austin gets injured again, surprise surprise, so we're instantly short.

January 2018 - Use the VVD money to sign, for a record deal, a striker who never scored for us, only for us to loan him out six months later.

Summer 2018 - All but one of our new recruits are now on the bench or out of the squad entirely, and sanction the sale of Tadic our most creative player.

EMBARRASSING.

The whole club is a complete mess.

It starts right at the top. Krueger and Reed should resign.

2015 - The Toby fiasco - even if you accept we were powerless to prevent him going to spurs it doesn't excuse the media shambles that Reed conducted. I wonder ifv this was the catalyst in the souring of the Reed-Koeman relationship.

2015 - The Toby fiasco - even if you accept we were powerless to prevent him going to spurs it doesn't excuse the media shambles that Reed conducted. I wonder ifv this was the catalyst in the souring of the Reed-Koeman relationship.

True, although we did sign VVD so I do wonder if we had signed Toby whether we'd have bought VVD too or not.

18/19 Vestergaard, Elyounoussi, Gunn, Armstrong - €62m

17/18 Carillo, Lemina, Hoedt, Bednarek - €61m

16/17 Boufal, Gabbiadini, Hojbjerg, Redmond, McCarthy, Pied - €69m

14 1st team signings costing €192m in the last 3 years and we're near relegation. That's in addition to 14 permanent signings during Koeman's two years. 28 signings in 5 years. Well run club my arse..

14 1st team signings costing €192m in the last 3 years and we're near relegation. That's in addition to 14 permanent signings during Koeman's two years. 28 signings in 5 years. Well run club my arse..

And arguably the best of all those signings were the 2 goalkeepers.

Why not add Gunn to the list as he’s not playing either although he is a class act.

I thought that this was a forum for Saints supporters ?

Yet another thread designed to demean the club, no new information just copy and paste of the same things, time and time again.... :mcinnes:

It is new because another one of our great signings found themselves on the bench.

When Danny Ings can’t get in the team anymore then it will be raised again.

EMBARRASSING. The whole club is a complete mess. It starts right at the top. Krueger and Reed should resign.

Quite an achievement to have bad transfer windows for 3 years. Something that cannot be blamed on the team managers as they only had a small role in this. The one consistent factor is Les Reed. Kreuger should sack him.

Quite an achievement to have bad transfer windows for 3 years. Something that cannot be blamed on the team managers as they only had a small role in this. The one consistent factor is Les Reed.

Its not just Reed though, The managers get to pick of a list, so really it is the managers as they have the final say, Reed just assigns scouts and stuff and then handles the transfer once the manager has given the final say, Every manager we have had since being in the league has confirmed this is how its done.

Its not just Reed though, The managers get to pick of a list, so really it is the managers as they have the final say, Reed just assigns scouts and stuff and then handles the transfer once the manager has given the final say, Every manager we have had since being in the league has confirmed this is how its done.

The last version i saw of the transfer committee was 3 people including Les Reed and the manager. The manager had 1 of the 3 votes and no final say. Over the past 3 terrible years of bad transfer decisions, there have been 3 different Managers and Les Reed.

The last version i saw of the transfer committee was 3 people including Les Reed and the manager. The manager had 1 of the 3 votes and no final say. Over the past 3 terrible years of bad transfer decisions, there have been 3 different Managers and Les Reed.

and 2 ppl still need to agree, so what two ppl agreed to buy the players? or was it all 3? no way to ever find out unless your in the room with them all when they pick. I personally put are poor form down to the manager, the players we have are far better than we are seeing on the pitch.

and 2 ppl still need to agree, so what two ppl agreed to buy the players? or was it all 3? no way to ever find out unless your in the room with them all when they pick. I personally put are poor form down to the manager, the players we have are far better than we are seeing on the pitch.

Ross Wilson has been responsible for scouting and recruitment since 2015, from which time we have witnessed a succession of failed transfers, bizarre contract decisions and extremely poor transfer windows. Reed is ultimately responsible as Wilson reports into him but you have to question what on earth the guy is thinking and whether in reality he is just not very good at his job. Poor decisions have cost the club millions, he is lucky to still be in a job imo.

Ross Wilson has been responsible for scouting and recruitment since 2015, from which time we have witnessed a succession of failed transfers, bizarre contract decisions and extremely poor transfer windows. Reed is ultimately responsible as Wilson reports into him but you have to question what on earth the guy is thinking and whether in reality he is just not very good at his job. Poor decisions have cost the club millions, he is lucky to still be in a job imo.

but are the players really that poor or is the manager just not getting the best out of them? ill say the latter tbf

but are the players really that poor or is the manager just not getting the best out of them? ill say the latter tbf

I'd say a combination of both but successive managers have failed to get the best out of them so you have to conclude the squad is extremely average and/or the make up of it is all wrong - 3 left backs, 1 right back, 4 goalkeepers, very similar strikers, lack of pace, Pelle and Mane have never been replaced, no leaders, just being examples off the top of my head. We have been left with a bloated squad full of mediocrity and lacking in quality - it is a damning indictment that only one of our summer signings started yesterday and two were not even on the bench. The recruitment policy, assuming that there is one, is at best disjointed and at worse negligent.

I'd say a combination of both but successive managers have failed to get the best out of them so you have to conclude the squad is extremely average and/or the make up of it is all wrong - 3 left backs, 1 right back, 4 goalkeepers, very similar strikers, lack of pace, Pelle and Mane have never been replaced, no leaders, just being examples off the top of my head. We have been left with a bloated squad full of mediocrity and lacking in quality - it is a damning indictment that only one of our summer signings started yesterday and two were not even on the bench. The recruitment policy, assuming that there is one, is at best disjointed and at worse negligent.

vest got dropped cause MH had to play Yoshi after he had a good performance in the cup, problem is that Hoedt is some how a key member of the team even though he is not very good. We have not tried any formation in which Armstrong can play in his natural position ( Managers fault ) we have players who are good at doing their job, but don't get played, EG Romeu / JWP / Targett and co.

None productive wingers who play every game yet don't assist or score goals even though they have more shots at goal than most other wingers in the league, just cause they can run dribbling cause its the bee all and end all of all wing play action apparently. cant run like Usian bolt. your not a winger.. just picture Sir Alex saying that to Beckham LOL..

A good manager makes use of what he has and builds a team out of it. we have a good team, good at every thing needed to get good results. do we? no, why? we are one dimensional. every attack is the same, run down left wing, cross / blast ball across 6 yard box and hope some one scores of it, GREAT tactic, we never mix it up ( only deep cross I've seen has come from targett!!!! ), its the same attack after attack after attack, its very very easy to defend against a team you know what are going to do before they do it. we lack creativity on free kicks corners, no one helps to protect the back 4 still after 10 games MH has not worked it out that Romeu needs to protect them all the time. we have no midfield player organising the team ( EG Davis / JWP / Morgan ) Is it so hard to see why one of these always played under Pochi / Koeman? they organise the midfield you know INTELIGENT PLAYERS. some players are smart, some are thick. we seem to play the thick ones all the time, while the smart players, cant get on the bench / pitch.

we have the players here already that can win games and finish top half, Will we? no, why? cause MH is to stubborn and wont change his style of play to get the best out of what he has.

I blame are last 2 poor seasons on Pell and MH

But I think this highlights what is wrong inside the club. Looking at those players, Elyonoussi (highly rated, good champions league experience), Armstrong, Lemina, Boufal, Gabbiadini, Redmond, Hojberg, all have talent and all have the ability to play at no worse than mid table premier league level, and should be better than scraping for survival. Add Ings into that. You have 8 outfield players who should form the nucleus of a decent attacking squad which can compete better than we are. Is Elyonoussi worse than David Brooks or Ryan Fraser? Lemina and Hojberg worse than the central midfield at Brighton or Burnley? Would Ings get a game at Watford or Palace?

Obviously, something is happening, under a succession of managers, which is meaning that is not happening. Something larger is wrong at the club. I think it is mentality. I had thought it had started with Puel, who changed the way we played and we became dour, boring and negative, and was obviously continued by the muppet last year. But it must go deeper than that.

But compared to the sums spent by Chelsea,Liverpool, City, United and Arsenal this is just peanuts really. Yesterday just showed the difference in class between what you get for 13 million and what you get for 80 million.

This particular point still stuns me. How on earth did Les not get sacked for this?

I thought that this was a forum for Saints supporters ?

Yet another thread designed to demean the club, no new information just copy and paste of the same things, time and time again.... :mcinnes:

That's because the club is making the same dire mistakes ,time and time again.

None productive wingers who play every game yet don't assist or score goals even though they have more shots at goal than most other wingers in the league, just cause they can run dribbling cause its the bee all and end all of all wing play action apparently. cant run like Usian bolt.

We are 19th (out of 20) in Assists, which supports your comment.

I’m not so sure it’s all about recruitment, yes sure there is an strong element, however the top managers seem to be very good at coaching, take Poch who was/is renowned for it and Koman and Klopp etc.

They all seem to be foreign admittedly but they can coach.

Watching us against Chelsea it looks to me as though we currently don’t coach players.

People on here - certain people, harp on and on about employing ‘football’ people to manage and coach us. The problem is these types are invariably stuck in a time warp and don’t have coaching skills.

If you have coaching skills you can probably recognise the right players to recruit too...

We need modern thinking, a focus on faster thinking, fitness of mind and body, psychology - God we lack belief which in this day and age is a crime of management and coaching in its self.....

In yesterday's match almost every throw in we had, even from attacking positions, was thrown backward. This puzzles me. It was the same with free kicks, almost all were played square or backward. There seems to be a fear of moving forward. Is that an example of modern coaching, or of no coaching?

In yesterday's match almost every throw in we had, even from attacking positions, was thrown backward. This puzzles me. It was the same with free kicks, almost all were played square or backward. There seems to be a fear of moving forward. Is that an example of modern coaching, or of no coaching?

If you are referring to my post then if you read it again it is about our old fashioned ways and lack of coaching...