Chelsea Attendance 27,077?

spyinthesky

Really?

The ground looked pretty full to me.

Chelsea filled their end and even the Hospitality Boxes looked fuller than usual

Appreciate it was a Sunday, the game was on the box and anyone who tried to get into town on Saturday along the grid locked Millbrook Rd might have thought twice about going yesterday.

If the figure is correct it doesnt bode well for future, less attractive games.

I dont blame anyone for not going especially after such a long run of dire home form.

I will still go as a long suffering fan but dont look forward to the games now. Its a duty not a pleasure.

It is appreciated that the club has been able to offer Lads and Dads reduction.

However I reckon some sort of ticket initiative for those up to 21 and even 25 should be considered.

Hopefully this is the age profile who will continue to support the club in a more vociferous way to make up for us pipe and slippers brigade who dont have the energy or enthusiasm of yesteryear.

I saw plenty of empty seats from my vantage spot high up, so can well believe 3k empty.
You have better eyesight than me then. I was sat one row from the back and didn't see nearly that amount, in fact i said on a thread elsewhere I would be surprised if there were 500, never mind 5k.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

looked like there were loads of empty seats while watching this on the stream

Glad I only spent the money on membership this season rather than shell out huindreds for that dross, I was contemplating getting a half season ticket if we kicked on this season but after seeing us play the 10 games we've under Hughes i'm now only going to fork out the extortionate amounts for the supposed winnable games this season as were in for a tough relegation battle again.

There no point turning up to watch against the big teams as they'll turn us over at home with ease, can you really blame anyone for not wanting to go it's just shocking at the moment and I just can't see that changing soon.

The Premier League is a league for the big 6 teams only, the others have literally no chance competing against them now with all the financial clout they have as they hoover up all the talent the smaller clubs have and poach the managers too, sure Leicester upset them a few seasons back but there was an element of luck and also because they all took there eyes off the ball and paid the price, that will never happen again as all of them now invest heavily every transfer window to improve, yet the smaller clubs fight for the scraps thats left.

Our best bet is we bite the bullet and go down then sack our dis-functional board and hope our owner then decides to sell to someone with the passion and finanace's to back it up and gets us back up there again competing for Europe where we belong.

You have better eyesight than me then. I was sat one row from the back and didn't see nearly that amount, in fact i said on a thread elsewhere I would be surprised if there were 500, never mind 5k.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I agree with you, Micky. There were at least 30,000 there. In fact, I've seen plenty of 30,000 gates at St Mary's with more empty seats than there were for the Chelsea game.

I agree with you, Micky. There were at least 30,000 there. In fact, I've seen plenty of 30,000 gates at St Mary's with more empty seats than there were for the Chelsea game.

Did they get this '27k' figure from the Police? They're usually the ones who put out the attendance as a few thousand under capacity when it's obvious to everyone inside the stadium that's clearly ridiculous. When it's happened before I've thought PC Plod must be a skate having the lols.

The attendance figure published is wrong. Chelsea sold out their 3300 and as of Sunday morning there was roughly 600 tickets left to buy in the home end.

It was a bigger crowd than what we had for Leicester or Brighton.

Yes. The cost of a Mach day ticket is fuking disgusting.

That is what’s wrong

Is it though? You compare it to a ticket at the Mayflower, as after all both are supposed to (!!!) offer entertainment, and it is on par or cheaper in most cases.

Is it though? You compare it to a ticket at the Mayflower, as after all both are supposed to (!!!) offer entertainment, and it is on par or cheaper in most cases.

How much are Mayflower theatre season ticket prices, for comparison?

Really?

Chelsea filled their end and even the Hospitality Boxes looked fuller than usual

Appreciate it was a Sunday, the game was on the box and anyone who tried to get into town on Saturday along the grid locked Millbrook Rd might have thought twice about going yesterday.

I dont blame anyone for not going especially after such a long run of dire home form.

I will still go as a long suffering fan but dont look forward to the games now. Its a duty not a pleasure.

However I reckon some sort of ticket initiative for those up to 21 and even 25 should be considered.

Hopefully this is the age profile who will continue to support the club in a more vociferous way to make up for us pipe and slippers brigade who dont have the energy or enthusiasm of yesteryear.

You know as well as the rest of us that all STs are included in the official attendance figures whether our not the owners are sitting in them. There were loads of ST absentees in the Itchen so the real attendance figure might have been lower than 25k. Looking around you could see empty seats in every section on Sunday.

OK it was on TV and there were travel disruptions but what should be more worrying for the PL is that many people can no longer be Rrsed to turn out just to see a rich club strut itself in totally uncompetitive one-sided matches. This season is beyond boring, it is becoming no longer of any interest to even the most fair minded of supporters.

When the club is resorting to flogging tickets via groupon then something is very wrong.

This has gone a bit under the radar, at least for me. Does 'groupon' refer just to the Brighton game or was it in place for the Chelsea game too?

Presumably no database history is needed so have we officially now got ourselves a 'neutral section'?

What stops Brighton (Chelsea?) fans buying tickets in home areas - as far as I can see 'nothing'.

Are the groupon tkts all in one area or do they allocate them randomly amongst the seats that are available?

I think we should be told.

I got a free ticket to the Saints bar seats - was rammed with Chelsea fans around me - by the 3rd goal they were happy to sing and cheer which was annoying but there you go. Loads of empty seats around me there as well..

Mate in the family centre took his son (a massive Saints fan). He is a Forest fan - said there is a palpable sense of despair / malaise here...

This has gone a bit under the radar, at least for me. Does 'groupon' refer just to the Brighton game or was it in place for the Chelsea game too?

Presumably no database history is needed so have we officially now got ourselves a 'neutral section'?

What stops Brighton (Chelsea?) fans buying tickets in home areas - as far as I can see 'nothing'.

Are the groupon tkts all in one area or do they allocate them randomly amongst the seats that are available?

I think we should be told.

I'm not one to moan about tourists because I like to go to matches abroad when I can, but after the match the tunnel area was lined with foreign Chelsea fans videoing on their phones calling the Chelsea players over, the Chelsea players had the sense to carry on down the tunnel. It was irritating, the club have got to get their priorities right.

Noticed have many empty seats there were whilst watching the stream, can’t imagine the attendance was that far off the one announced.

Curious to know if they count the season tickets holders despite whether or not they’ve turned up, or can they tell from the turnstiles scanners how many people actually turned up compared to tickets sold.

Really?

It's quite simple to explain. Tickets for top games are too expensive.

It's quite simple to explain. Tickets for top games are too expensive.

I think most/all people would agree with you

However the question here is whether the attendance figure accurately reflected the number of people in the ground and whether absent season ticket holders were included, as per normal practice.