Checkatrade Trophy

spyinthesky

Absolute waste of time that competition. If we're going to bother entering at least play our strongest u21s, but instead we play even younger lads with virtually no experience. Hamblin number 70. Cambridge record low attendance.

Shambles, we shouldn't be in this anyway.

'Southampton move the ball about well but don't create much' as reported by the local Cambridge paper

469 at the game!!

Our U21's won there 1-0 last season and Cambridge hadnt won for a month

I blame Virgin Media.

Nothing has gone right for this club since they have been involved

The team was a farce. 2 right backs. 1 CB. No left back. No centre forward. I'm not sure how the kids can be expected to develop when they're sent out against a men's team with such a disjointed line up. Very odd management.

This was a very young development side a mixture of U21 and U18.

Cambridge had a strong team out.

Technically Saints were good and moved the ball around well. Jaidi wanted us theplay a certain way and they stuck to it all night. We made some poor errors and gifted goals and we weren’t helped by Barnes playing as the only striker against 2 very physical and experienced centre backs.

I very mush enjoyed the game and see a few good player in Ben Rowthorn, Harry Hamblin and the best prospect Will Smallbone. Nathan Tella did well and Johnson was a threat down the left wing.

I thought Valery who played right wing would be better as I considered him a future first team player. He was fast and beat his player a number of times second half but he’s not ready yet.

All in all there were no exciting talents shining through and no first team solutions.

Where was Sam Gallagher what a wasted talent.