Moi apparently injured by one of our own ..

sunrage

Taken from one of our local papers here in Norway, blame google for the translation.

---

The Southampton player became the victim of a teammate's anger after the team leap against Liverpool caused frustration.

STORO (Nettavisen): Mohamed Elyounoussi lost the fight against Liverpool as a result of injury.

The injury occurred during the training ahead of the match at Anfield, and did not come without drama.

"I was doing a nice workout, and then I was tackled hard in the middle of the leg while I was footing the ground. It could end up even worse, says "Moi" to Nettavisen.

He explains that the tackle was put in by a teammate who had just been told that he did not start in Southampton's backfire against Liverpool.

"It was a headless tackle, a piglet who might have something that this player was a little frustrated. We had just made the team and he was not the part of those who should start. There was more frustration on his part than that it was something against me.

- Is there any evil blood between you now?

"Neida, we shook up in the end. It's hard to forgive ... I understand when someone tackles and tries to hit a ball but hits the foot instead, but this was something completely different. It was hard to forgive him every now and then, but we managed to get up to the end, "said Elyounoussi, adding that he is not of the long-standing variety and that he has already apologized several times.

Playing with pain

The player it is talking about is one of the midstoppers in Southampton, but Moi does not want to name.

Elyounoussi still struggles with his ankle, telling him to play the game on training

Source : https://www.nettavisen.no/sport/fotball/premierleague/moi-ble-grisetaklet-pa-trening---vanskelig-a-tilgi/3423545745.html

Subs were...

Yoshida

Davis

Austin

Ward-Prowse

Armstrong

Gunn

Bednarek

Out of them, the only one who had been starting regularly was Austin, can't see any of the others being frustrated to not being in the team.

Austin, Gabbi, Armstrong, JWP, or Davis. Who knows. Targett got the start at LW that game so I can see one of the attackers upset.

There was an update today in another paper where he confirms that it was a defender.

"I think it was about frustration on his side, because we just got to know the team and he should not start. He is a defender, so we do not even fight the same position. There was more frustration than something personal, but it went beyond me and made me still 100 percent. It's sucks, says "Moi", who was agnry with his teammate:

"Sometimes you accept to be tackled, but when it's so headless and unnecessary, it's hard to accept it. I told him and he apologized several times."

This is not an unusual event

Happens all the time in football

Anyone remember John Hartson trying to decapitate Eyal Berkovic at West Ham's training ground.

Quite a few players tried to get a dig in on Terry Paine when he was at Saints and not liked by many of his team mates

This is not an unusual event

Happens all the time in football

Anyone remember John Hartson trying to decapitate Eyal Berkovic at West Ham's training ground.

Quite a few players tried to get a dig in on Terry Paine when he was at Saints and not liked by many of his team mates

I'd say Hartson booting Berkovic in the face was a fairly unusual event

Did Stephens even travel up for the game? He hadn't been in the team so surely it wouldn't have come as a surprise that he wasn't included.

Yoshida and Bednarek, out of the two I'd guess Yoshida.

Who really cares who it is, hardly a big deal, Moi hasn't exactly set the PL alight, another poor bit of recruitment.

Who really cares who it is, hardly a big deal, Moi hasn't exactly set the PL alight, another poor bit of recruitment.

Why does that even matter? None of our team have set the PL alight. Purposely injuring a team mate just before a game because they haven't been selected is a ****ty thing to do.......