Neal Trotman or Darren Powell?

Dusic

Look, I know the current board would struggle to attract a calibre of player like Dryden, but I don't see why we should be limiting our ambition to Powell and Trotman

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ross Wilson has watched Dryden a number of times and hasn't been impressed and his judgement of a centre half is exemplary.

Now: Trotman or Powell?

Glen Murray wihtout a doubt.

If we signed Glenn Murray, we’d be pinging long balls over the top for him to run on to.

Back to the OP, Trotman - I actually thought he was alright. Darren Powell was one of the most hopelessly I gifted footballers I’ve ever seen in a saints shirt. He had a 50p head, Toblerone feet and ran like he was carrying a sack of cement. On the rare occasions he wasn’t injured (or suspended for violent conduct in a pre-season friendly) you wished he was.

According to Ross's new algorithm, Darren Powell will be worth £37m in two seasons' time, so he is our man.

Duh, but that would mean he has to play every game. I'd take Chris Perry to give us some leadership and PL know-how. Quicker than Hoedt and better in the air than Vestergaard; hopefully he's kept himself in good nick, I'd get him straight in next week.

Who was the Irish CB we had on loan from Reading at the begining of the 2007/08 (?) season when we lost 1-4 at home to Palace ? That really was a standout debut.

Certainly had a great recruitment dept in those days.

Alan Bennett. The only footballer I’ve ever seen who seemed surprised that a ball would bounce.

Who was the Irish CB we had on loan from Reading at the begining of the 2007/08 (?) season when we lost 1-4 at home to Palace ? That really was a standout debut.

Certainly had a great recruitment dept in those days.

All thanks to Powell being sent off in a pre-season friendly with Bournemouth (?)

Alan Bennett.

Alan Bennett. The only footballer I’ve ever seen who seemed surprised that a ball would bounce.

Thanks, had forgotten the name but not the woeful performance. Made Callum Davenport seem like Beckenbauer iin comparison.

I'd have Alan Bennett over Hoedt, and he's one of the worst CB's I've ever seen in a Saints shirt.

No.

Ironic that the pic above has "sporting heroes" written next to one of our many poor pieces of transfer business from around this period.

Also ironic that Bennett received his only 2 full ROI caps in '07 when he was all over the show. If he did indeed get better, going on to represent Wycombe Wanderers and Cheltenham Town amongst others, then the ROI had clearly seen enough.