Bournemouth (A) - Build Up

jamesfp1

Pressure is totally off now. An already relegated Saints (ok I know it's not mathematically done yet, but it's done) against currently one of the leagues best teams pushing for Europe. We'll probably win! :lol:

Geez, PMA, dude! There's some garbage in the League this season - worse than us. And although performances have been generally frustrating, particularly the going ahead and sitting back with shocking sub/tactical decisions, I think they've been better and slightly more encouraging than the bore-fest of last season.

From Guardian: Cherries on top after Saints’ coastal erosion

It is interesting now to look back on the way Eddie Howe approached his first match against Southampton as Bournemouth’s manager. It came in the League Cup in August 2010, and was the clubs’ first encounter in 23 years and the first of three in a season when both were in League One. “You can’t compare us to Southampton,” he said. “Southampton are a massive club. It’s good to see they’ve got over their financial problems, because I think it’s good for us if Southampton are doing well. They have played us in pre-season and loaned us players, so we’ve always had a good relationship with them and I think that’s important.” Back then the Saints did the treble over them), but now Howe’s side are 10 places and 11 points ahead of them in the Premier League, have won five of their eight games to Southampton’s lonely one, and it looks like Southampton will need luck or charity to emerge from this meeting with anything but defeat.

My enthusiasm this season has got so low, and the constant International Breaks have led to me never knowing who our next game is against or when!!

A few weeks back I took some last minute leave back to UK and only then noticed we were playing Liverpool and I was going to be in the area. (Un)Luckily I managed to get a ticket, but nprmally my 1st part of leave planning

is to try and make it coincide with a Saints match!!

This weekend I had to look on here to find out who we are playing.

Sadly I don't think I am alone in this lack of caring mode.

You are certainly not, I know loads of people who have had the enthusiasm knocked out of them by the club. I was a ST holder until this season, have Saints tattoos, and yet I cannot get excited about anything football related this season. I havent watched a single second of saints footage yet, and have all the MOTD's un-watched in my planner. I look up our score on the BBC on match days and check this site maybe once a week for any extra info, and thats it.

Im not a JCL or glory hunter, just me and football have fallen out of love with each other.

On podcast today saying we have had the third highest amount of shots in PL. More than Spurs and Liverpool.

Sadly that is one of those stats that isn't reflective of reality.

Of our 14 shots a game only 4 are on target. 20% of shots are on target.

The lowest team is Newcastle who have 8 shots per game. But 3 are on target = 37% on target.

However the interesting stat is of our 14 shots per game 5 of them are blocked.

Basically meaning as we all know we mostly have non goal threatening shots. But to someone who doesn't look at the details of the shots its easy to think we must be peppering the goal.

They’re so confident, bless their little hearts. And why wouldn’t they be?

Be funny if they do their usual though.

Aren't they just.......living in Bournemouth I'm actually dreading this today !

It would be a great time for us to actually put in a performance and shut these ****ers up !

Biggest team selection question is whether he'll try three at the back yet again.

Every time we've started that way it's been abandoned. I'd prefer an extra DM.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Agreed.

Romeu and Lemina with Hojbjerg in front or Lemina and Hojbjerg with Armstrong in front. Get a grip on the game.

Redmond and Mo/Long on the wings with Ings up top.

Agreed.

Romeu and Lemina with Hojbjerg in front or Lemina and Hojbjerg with Armstrong in front. Get a grip on the game.

Redmond and Mo/Long on the wings with Ings up top.

And Yoshida plus Vestergaard at CB?

Or any one plus Yoshida.

And Yoshida plus Vestergaard at CB?

Or any one plus Yoshida.

Honestly don't know about CB.

I would have Yoshida but I'm not sure who the best partner is. Probably Vest to see if they can form a decent partnership.

Honestly don't know about CB.

I would have Yoshida but I'm not sure who the best partner is. Probably Vest to see if they can form a decent partnership.

That's where I am too. Really disappointing that we don't know our best CB pairing yet.

Probably if we need height and aerial power, Vestergaard, pace Stephens or Bednarek. Hoedt isn't as bad as some insist, but always looks like a mistake waiting to happen.

I’d happily take a draw right now.

The odd point away against the weaker teams and the odd win against bottom half teams is about as much as we can hope for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm so grateful for the optimism of our "fans" on here.

Sometimes it's the only thing that keeps me going. [emoji6]