Bournemouth (A) - Build Up

jamesfp1

Just thought i would log in for a bit of pre match morale boosting.... what a waste of time.

But i guess those who think its all doom gloom and already a defeat wont be watching so the match thread should be reasonable...

Just thought I would log in for a bit of pre match Always SFC supporter bashing..... as predicted there he is, bashing the fans again. Anyone would think he was a skate. Never talks about football just here to bash Saints fans.

Agreed.

And any of Gabbiadini, Armstrong, Long, Romeu, Ward-Prowse should be in instead of Austin.

Really don't understand how Hoedt continues to be picked with Yoshida on the bench. Good to see Stephens back but should have been alongside Yoshida. Can understand Vestegaard being dropped, too slow against Boscombe front players.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Really don't understand how Hoedt continues to be picked with Yoshida on the bench. Good to see Stephens back but should have been alongside Yoshida. Can understand Vestegaard being dropped, too slow against Boscombe front players.

It's just bonkers isn't it. Yoshida, despite his faults, is our most reliable CB by a long stretch. He did OK against Chelsea, given the strength of the opposition, and now gets dropped to the bench again with Hoedt still, inexplicably, managing to be the first name on the team sheet.

And Gabbiaidini showed more threat in the time he was on the pitch against Chelsea than Austin has done all season, so naturally he gets dropped as well.

I was so willing to give Hughes the benefit of the doubt, but he clearly doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

It's just bonkers isn't it. Yoshida, despite his faults, is our most reliable CB by a long stretch. He did OK against Chelsea, given the strength of the opposition, and now gets dropped to the bench again with Hoedt still, inexplicably, managing to be the first name on the team sheet.

And Gabbiaidini showed more threat in the time he was on the pitch against Chelsea than Austin has done all season, so naturally he gets dropped as well.

I was so willing to give Hughes the benefit of the doubt, but he clearly doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

It's obvious we are trying to force Yoshida out before his sale value gets too low.

Shocking CB pairing, simply shocking.

Will be a 4231 with ings dropping into the 10 I’d have thought.

Austin tends to do well against Bompey so can understand he inclusion, but Stephens!?!?

Assuming Vest been left out due to the pace of their front 2? And Hodet seems to be first name on the team sheet, can only assume he’s sucking Hughes off during the week?

Better hope Bournemouth have an off day.

For that team selection alone I’ve changed my mind on Hughes.

OUT now.

Tosser! No not you, Hughes! Is he trying to get sacked and collect his £6m? the usual goodbye handshake that the last two ex Saints managers know so well.

Why hang on to this shiiite job, when you can collect your 3 yrs after the first one?

Nice work if you can get it.

Well done Les Reed!

Why Gabbi has been dropped is beyond me. Yoshi should be at the back with Jack. They have a great understanding. Just got to hope we can get something today! COYR :)

Yep, thought Gabbiadini played well before the break and is now benched in favour of Austin who has been awful. Romeu also played well when brought on at half time and a midfield of Hoj, Lemina and Romeu has led to our best performances - Romeu not even on the bench. Lack of attacking press today from Ings, Austin, Moi and Redmond might put a lot of pressure on Lemina and Hoj.

Can't argue with that team really. None of our center backs are great shakes, but personally I'd have kept Vestergaard in, as Stephens doesn't convince me at all. After calamity Yoshi's last performance I find it strange that people think he's the answer, loyal servant though he is.

Can't argue with that team really. None of our center backs are great shakes, but personally I'd have kept Vestergaard in, as Stephens doesn't convince me at all. After calamity Yoshi's last performance I find it strange that people think he's the answer, loyal servant though he is.
Bizzare.

Lol

I'm so grateful for the optimism of our "fans" on here.

Sometimes it's the only thing that keeps me going. [emoji6]

Just because I’m realistic about our squad and manager it doesn’t mean I’m less of a ‘fan’.

I won’t bore you with tales of decades of season tickets and sing my heart out at every game no matter what.

Except I just did [emoji106]

I so hope I’m proved wrong today but having only seen 1 win in about a year at home, it’s not surprising that some ‘fans’ are not particularly optimistic come kick off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apparently Hughes said the training went really well, we showed some serious class. We beat the cones 3-2 with a last minute goal mouth scramble to score.

(seriously though it really winds me up when Hughes talks about how quality we have been in training).

The team looks fine, and I think Hughes is just putting together a team that attacks the Cherries well situationally. Plus we don't know who came back from International break when, and if they were a little banged up.

Time to get this season into gear. Lets get a win here!