Results 1 to 45 of 45

Thread: Weekend’s other games

  1. #1

    Default Weekend’s other games

    Puel’s Leicester look decent. Only 2 players from the league winning side now.
    Been there longer than he was here. Looks like he can build a decent side given time.

  2. #2

    Default

    1-0 up now.

    Who was it trying to claim that Leicester were about to sack him, was it SKD again?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    5,245

    Default

    Have to say Maddison looks a quality player. Its a shame we didn't get him as he is exactly what we need. Someone who can burst through midfield, take people on and do a quality pass. Can shoot too.
    We really need someone like that. Kind of like what jwp should have been.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Stalking Theo's Missus
    Posts
    12,306

    Default

    8th and a cup final isn't good enough though.

  5. Default

    0-1

    Agree about Maddison, looks quality and while our signings "adapt" he's already scoring, creating and making a nuisance of himself.

  6. #6

    Default

    In what world do you make Ozil captain?

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    In what world do you make Ozil captain?
    BOOM Ozil scores!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    BOOM Ozil scores!
    Yeah that is why I never win with the bookies

  9. Default

    Jumped on Arsenal at 4/1 as soon as I saw the standard Puel gushing from the SWF curse boys.

    Sadly for Puel, Pamplemousse and Whelk games are 90 minutes.

    Oops Arsenal score again as I post.

    #easymoney #CurseBoys

  10. Default

    Lol now 3-1.

    The gift that keeps giving. Cheers lads.

  11. #11

    Default

    Ozil superb

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    5,245

    Default

    Leicester are shocking this second half. Could end up 5-1 or more.

  13. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St Marco View Post
    Leicester are shocking this second half. Could end up 5-1 or more.
    Go ahead by attacking and then try to defend a lead by sitting deep for 60 minutes

    We know the script too well and teams get what they deserve

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bitterne Park
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    As far as ‘team’ goals go nobody does it like Arsenal, their second and third were class

  15. #15

    Default

    Lol Glasgow boasting about his hindsight bets again. Funny how never hear about them before the outcome.
    Surprised he hasn’t been banned as he seems to nothing but take advantage of them.

  16. #16

    Default

    Anyone thinking of visiting Rwanda?

  17. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Anyone thinking of visiting Rwanda?
    Puels next club?

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    16,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Anyone thinking of visiting Rwanda?
    I have visited it!

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Soros HQ
    Posts
    16,974
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Anyone thinking of visiting Rwanda?
    Watching BBC2? Liberal metropolitan elite.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Stalking Theo's Missus
    Posts
    12,306

  21. Default

    Leicesters next 7 games look v.favorable. WHU, Saints, Burnley, Cardiff, Fulham, Watford and Brighton (4 at home)

    Leicester will win a few of these simply because they have the 7th best squad in the league right now... Will it be enough to save Puel?

    #Underachieving #predictable

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Go ahead by attacking and then try to defend a lead by sitting deep for 60 minutes

    We know the script too well and teams get what they deserve
    It seems Leicester should have had a penalty and so could have been 2 up. Different game and Arsenal took advantage of their luck again.
    I still would like Puel still to have been at Saints but not to be.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    3,631

    Default

    West Ham go up by a goal in the first half against Leicester before Noble gets a straight red. I think Puel may be in trouble if Leicester don’t manage to come back.
    Last edited by Saint Albert; 27-10-2018 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Wrong half

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    3,631

    Default

    Leicester’s Amarty just suffered a very nasty leg injury. Replay did not look very pleasant.

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    1-0 up now.

    Who was it trying to claim that Leicester were about to sack him, was it SKD again?
    Scrapped a draw against 10 men West Ham. Let’s see if he’s still in charge come our game. He may get lucky as we could be the team to save his job, if not gone before that.

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Soros HQ
    Posts
    16,974
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Leicester City owner’s helicopter has crashed in the car park.

  27. Default

    Just hope that all managed to escape unhurt.

  28. Default

    Wow looks horrendous, still not many details

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    7,455

    Default

    Early pictures don't look good. Hope I'm wrong, thought with those involved.

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Near Exeter
    Posts
    4,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    Early pictures don't look good. Hope I'm wrong, thought with those involved.

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Doesn’t look good at all, shambles at SFC irrelevant in comparison to the potential human tragedy here. Hope people on board bailed out somehow but that’s hope rather than expectation.

  31. Default

    From reports, it really doesn't sound good. Up and straight down and going up in flames straight off.

    Don't want to say anyone's life is more worthy than others, so thoughts with the pilot, owner and everyone else. But as owners go, he seems a pretty damn good one. A provincial club of similar stature to ourselves, but with an owner who is so much better/involved/interested etc etc. In recent years I have been a little jealous of LCFC and the owner they have.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    16,139

    Default

    Spurs are a joke. Can't believe no sanction for their lack of home ground shenanigans. That pitch is pathetic and they've caused issues for all sorts of traveling fans.

    Bunch of ****s.

  33. #33

    Default

    Early prediction, but I'm not sure we have much of a chance on Sunday...

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    25,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Early prediction, but I'm not sure we have much of a chance on Sunday...
    City look terrible

    :-|

  35. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    Spurs are a joke. Can't believe no sanction for their lack of home ground shenanigans. That pitch is pathetic and they've caused issues for all sorts of traveling fans.

    Bunch of ****s.
    WTF is that pitch???

  36. Default

    Moi should watch the clip of City's opener. That's how you get your head up and pass to a teammate for an easy goal.

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    16,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    Moi should watch the clip of City's opener. That's how you get your head up and pass to a teammate for an easy goal.
    Confidence and composure, isn't it. That's exactly the sort of scenario Sterling would have messed up a few years ago.

  38. #38

    Default

    Spurs should be fined for the state of that pitch

  39. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Spurs should be fined for the state of that pitch
    I know we joke about it but if that was St Mary's or we'd (or another smaller club) delayed a ground move like that, they'd have thrown the book at us.

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    I know we joke about it but if that was St Mary's or we'd (or another smaller club) delayed a ground move like that, they'd have thrown the book at us.
    Watch out I had my sanity questioned for a similar utterance............

  41. #41

    Default

    City have not conceded a goal since Sept the first, Saints have not scored since I can’t remember?
    Certainly can see that carrying on when they play us.

  42. #42

    Default Weekend’s other games

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchards View Post
    City have not conceded a goal since Sept the first, Saints have not scored since I can’t remember?
    Certainly can see that carrying on when they play us.
    Tough game on sh1t pitch. Fulham on Thursday and then having to facie a fresh Saints side. Don’t tell me you are pessimistic?

  43. #43

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchards View Post
    City have not conceded a goal since Sept the first, Saints have not scored since I can’t remember?
    Certainly can see that carrying on when they play us.
    On paper their average transfer value per player is £69.2m v our £11.2m per player, I think you are safe in that assumption. .............but then football isn’t played on paper.

  44. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    I know we joke about it but if that was St Mary's or we'd (or another smaller club) delayed a ground move like that, they'd have thrown the book at us.
    At other levels of football if you are unable to fulfil a home fixture you have to forfeit or switch venues, they seem to get away with chopping a changing dates and places, Milton Keynes even FFS nowhere near Tottenham.

    At least in this case they seem to be suffering, losing last night then a completely changed team could well lose at West Ham tomorrow night.
    Can't see them going through in the Champions league either.

  45. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    At other levels of football if you are unable to fulfil a home fixture you have to forfeit or switch venues, they seem to get away with chopping a changing dates and places, Milton Keynes even FFS nowhere near Tottenham.

    At least in this case they seem to be suffering, losing last night then a completely changed team could well lose at West Ham tomorrow night.
    Can't see them going through in the Champions league either.
    They're on the brink of a bit of an implosion in my opinion. They had their chance to win stuff but couldn't ever get over the line. Can see this team being broken up over the next 18 months and new management/coaching staff coming in to try and 'reinvent' it all on a 'budget' as they must pay for the stadium.

    Football can change so quickly, just a little bit of standing still/poor squad management and signs of non-ambition from the top, then you will fall away a lot quicker than you climbed.

    Apparently, the new stadium has been covered in official banners/club propaganda crap about Tottenham being 'the only place in London to watch the Champions league'. Oops.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •