rating our summer signings

ChiefScummer

Okay, I know it's early days but so far this is how I'd rate them from best to worst.

Ings - what can I say, this place went on meltdown at the mere thought of signing him but he has been by far our best forward so far this season. Looks sharp and quick, good first touch and is willing to chase a ball and drop a bit deeper if needed.

Gunn - Impressive young keeper and future England no1. I really like this kid. He's got good judgement and made some great saves already. Amazing signing.

Vestergaard - it was a choice between him and Armstrong but I've seen vest play more so put him here. He's not exactly quick but has made some decent blocks and put in some nice tackles. He definitely has the potential to improve and I think he would work well with yoshi.

Armstrong - from what I've seen of him, I like. He's clearly got pace and looks comfortable cutting inside and running through the channels. Put in some decent tackles in pre season and knows where the onion bag is. I want to see more of him.

Elyonoussi - so far he looks like he's struggling. Being a Tadic replacement we are relying on him for that creativity Tadic took with him. No doubt the kid has ability he just needs a bit more time to adjust it seems.

What do you guys think, where would you rate them?

Starting to worry about Ings as his sharpness is slowly fading.

Thought at the start of the season our signings were good enough but it’s clear it’s not clicking?

Supposedly when we sell players to Liverpool they comment on how unfit they are. Not sure how much truth there is in that but it seems plausible. Liverpool players are still sharp after 90 minutes so I really wouldn't be surprised if their fitness standards are far, far above ours. Maybe ings coming off that fresh fitness and slowly getting into our routine will slow him down? Hard to say really but something has changed. We look knackered after 60s up and down the pitch. Maybe that's why we concede so many 90+ min goals?

Gunn - excellent backup and probably our future number 1

Vestergarrd - Partnership with Hoedt is a disaster. Would like to see him with Yoshida

Armstrong - not played in his best position, can't really comment

Moi - doesn't look anywhere near good enough. Needs to influence games more so I'd get him more central

Ings - started great, we now appear to be doing our magic on him

Basically, mpre terrific summer business from the three idiots.

Gunn- good backup but I stick with what I said in the summer, money could have been better spent getting in another attacking wide player, or another cb.

Vester- seems average so far. Not as dominant in the air as I thought he would be and hasnt really strengthened our defence over last year.

Armstrong, I do like the look of him especially in pre season, can get forward and make good runs, but the 442 formation is killing his chances of getting time right now.

Elyounoussi- looks poor, not seen anything impressive from him so far struggled to impact games and looks a bit naive on the ball like he expect people not to try tackle him.

Ings- the one signing that has actually improved the first team, knows where the net is and looks a live wire.. I wasn't enthusiastic about him signing at all but hands up happy to be wrong .

Gunn- not seen him play, highly regarded at City, and reports say he’s been good when playing in Carabao cup 7.5/10

Ings - Really looked the part early on, busy, quick, looked an upgrade on all of our current incumbents 8/10

Armstrong - looked bust against Burnley, injured since. Can’t rate him based on 1 game.

Vestergaard- tall and imposing, terribly slow. Has looked ok. Hoedt is not his best partner though. 6/10

Elyanoussi - hugely disappointing so far. No goals or assists. Best moments hitting the bar from 2 yards at palace and missing a sitter of a header V Brighton. Also slow. 3/10

So other than Ings, approx £45 million spent on players no better than we already had. Poor when you can’t afford that kind of money on non first team starter shoe ins.

We are still a team that desperately lacks creativity and pace. Been like that for 2 seasons now, and our recruitment does not address it. A big squad of mediocrity breaking into averageness.

Gunn- not seen him play, highly regarded at City, and reports say he’s been good when playing in Carabao cup 7.5/10

Ings - Really looked the part early on, busy, quick, looked an upgrade on all of our current incumbents 8/10

Armstrong - looked bust against Burnley, injured since. Can’t rate him based on 1 game.

Vestergaard- tall and imposing, terribly slow. Has looked ok. Hoedt is not his best partner though. 6/10

Elyanoussi - hugely disappointing so far. No goals or assists. Best moments hitting the bar from 2 yards at palace and missing a sitter of a header V Brighton. Also slow. 3/10

So other than Ings, approx £45 million spent on players no better than we already had. Poor when you can’t afford that kind of money on non first team starter shoe ins.

We are still a team that desperately lacks creativity and pace. Been like that for 2 seasons now, and our recruitment does not address it. A big squad of mediocrity breaking into averageness.

Armstrong busy not bust v Burnley!!