Saints v Newcastle Match Dread

St Chalet

Thoughts so far - we're a better side, but lacking thrust after our bright spell in the first 15.

Austin - again useless, doesn't look like scoring or doing anything, looks like a non-league player and clearly a mile off the pace.

Redmond and El are looking like they may create but both just not direct enough, El likes to pass back he actually has some pace and strength and looks better when he cuts inside and goes direct, should have set-up Ings though.

Romeu - decent along with Lemina.

Cedric/Bertrand both need to be putting the ball in earlier.

If we take off Austin, put on Armstrong or Gabbi - i think we'll win. But Ings and Austin doesn't work, Ings is looking for movement and Austin isn't offering it, while Austin is only really focused on himself and not a team player.

The good news is that Newcastle are garbage.

The bad news is that we're barely much better.

Another low quality, shapeless, ugly slog that gives credence to David Moyes' quote the other week that the Premier League is generally of a much lower standard these days.

This is going to be 1-0. Neil Ruddock with a last minute penalty awarded for who knows what...

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Man I miss those days where you knew it was just a matter of time before a move paid off and we’d score. You could just relax and enjoy the game. I have zero faith we’ll score today. I think our best chance has come and gone. 0-0 is the best we can hope for. Really sad.

The lack of interest is almost total, ten or a dozen people on the match thread on a Saturday afternoon. (and a few of them are the same person:o).

I've been listening at home on TalkSport while doing the ironing:lol:.

Sounds grim, no confidence, no leaders, no goals. Comes to a pretty pass when mowing the lawn or doing the ironing trumps watching a stream.

We'll win 1-0, which will paper over the cracks for a few more weeks.

Man I miss those days where you knew it was just a matter of time before a move paid off and we’d score. You could just relax and enjoy the game. I have zero faith we’ll score today. I think our best chance has come and gone. 0-0 is the best we can hope for. Really sad.

We used to be a team that created many chances but scored few.

Now we just don't score.

A combination of lack of creativity, talent and lack of confidence has a thinking that scoring a goal would be nothing short of a miracle.

I miss Tadic so much. I haven't seen a single through ball since he left.

Newcastle awful. Their players going through the motions. Body language awful. Almost disinterested.. let's hope they stay that way. We huff and puff but not good enough to make a dent.

They’ll somehow nick one and it’ll give them the shot in the arm they need. We’ll just limp on.