Shane Long

SKD

How is this bloke still playing top level and international football? and earning a sh!t ton of money for it.

Touch is awful, hold up play not much better and his finishing is pub Sunday football level.

The only thing he offers is the being able to run in behind and stretch their defence, but if we want someone who’s only ability is to run fast we may as well sign Usain Bolt.

Surely we have better in the football club than this clown.

Time to give him and Austin a prolonged rest and give Gallagher and Obafemi a chance I think. It cant be any worse.

Got a shot on target last week (albeit at very at close range lol). I prefer him to Austin at the moment because Austin offers VERY little whereas Long creates problems with his pace and yes, I think his positioning is better too. Seem to be in the minority but think he deserves a run more than Austin.

Got a shot on target last week (albeit at very at close range lol). I prefer him to Austin at the moment because Austin offers VERY little whereas Long creates problems with his pace and yes, I think his positioning is better too. Seem to be in the minority but think he deserves a run more than Austin.

Long or Austin... bit like having to choose between gonorrhea or syphilis as your preferred dose of clap...

Neither offer what we need to be honest.

I thought Long was overpriced at £12m when he arrived., and that was as a squad player to provide extra an extra option. Fast forward four years and he's an "essential" part of the squad. Another illustration of how we've regressed.

Long does not create problems. His running allows defenders a bit less time on the ball than they would like, which leads to us winning a few more throw ins. When you are defending a striker based on the number of throw ins he wins you are scraping the varnish off the bottom of the barrel.

Long and Austin are both awful for different reasons. That’s all there is to it.

Time to give him and Austin a prolonged rest and give Gallagher and Obafemi a chance I think. It cant be any worse.

We have tried everything else and it has not worked so why not?

This.

I'd have played these two on Tuesday, or at least one of them, though it does appear the game won't be happening.

How is this bloke still playing top level and international football? and earning a sh!t ton of money for it.

Touch is awful, hold up play not much better and his finishing is pub Sunday football level.

The only thing he offers is the being able to run in behind and stretch their defence, but if we want someone who’s only ability is to run fast we may as well sign Usain Bolt.

Surely we have better in the football club than this clown.

**** me, I agree.

Can I just say first that I suggested Usain Bolt some 10 days ago. He has pace and a decent hit on him.

Anywayssss, I also would be adding Obafemi and Gallagher. If they can't get a game when we haven't scored for months, then when can they?

I doubt we'll have a game this week now (rightly) so hopefully they get a chance soon, because sending out Dad's Army every Saturday is pointless (in all senses of that word).

Anyone with half a brain cell knows that the following:

Austin, Long, Redmond, Davis, Ward Prowse,

Either are overated, Have no end product no fitness or as a collective offer nothing.

So the questions I ask? Why do we keep these dog average players?

Long when was the last time he scored?

Austin I have seen lads with better fitness playing 5 aside, again he offers nowt.

Davis past it

Redmond did nothing at Norwich and nothing so far at Saints.

Ward Prowse no end product or consistency at this level....

Dress it up all you want we have a squad full of shyte......