Leicester City Helicopter Crash (Match PP)

CB Fry

Looks very dramatic image, but did it burst into flames immediately? Perhaps some got out before it was on fire.

There were possibly some fans / club employees in the car park when it crashed.

Can't see our game going ahead, weird cup run with our trip to Goodison also moving in the previous round

When we wish the worst on people running our football club hopefully this dreadful accident will put things into perspective. Shankley’s words about football being more important than life or death were pithy but in the real world were absolute ********. Absolutely dreadful news.

Reports of missing people on the ground. This is horrifying.

Hundreds of people who were at the game probably have phones with flat batteries, on silent, left it in the car, didn’t hear it in the pub, no signal etc.

Hopefully those reports are wide of the mark if nothing else.

Hundreds of people who were at the game probably have phones with flat batteries, on silent, left it in the car, didn’t hear it in the pub, no signal etc.

Hopefully those reports are wide of the mark if nothing else.

Fingers firmly crossed. The thought of people like us, going to a game and never returning home to their families........ Chilling doesn't cover it.

Hopefully just cr4p reporting but BBC just alluded to Puel being on board.

Some Spanish & Italian outlets reporting that he was. However a source from the local paper stated that he went to the hospital to visit his injured player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

I like Claude, as well documented however it just doesn't feel right saying stuff like "I hope it's not him" because then it just feels like I'm wishing it on someone else...If you see what I mean? I'm still clinging onto the faint hope that NO ONE has been killed, since no one has been confirmed dead.

What a horrible, horrible situation.

Surely even if absolutely everyone's safe and sound (which seems unlikely now) they still won't have the game on Tuesday?

Edited by Instant Classic

I'm still clinging onto the faint hope that NO ONE has been killed, since no one has been confirmed dead.

BBC news this morning had an audio clip of an on-the-scene interview with a photographer who witnessed the incident, and he seemed to be implying that the fireball occurred at the moment of impact.

If that's true then I reckon the chances of anybody on board having survived are pretty much nil.

News agencies and TV know exactly who was on board, the helicopter was filmed taking off. The delay in reporting any news is for obvious reasons. Only one way this is going to end unfortunately.

Quite.

Bear in mind that at the time of the crash it would have been around 02:30 in Thailand so clearly they want to inform people there before it's in the media.

Very sad indeed and it's reminding me of how I felt when Markus died.

Apparently Srivaddhanaprabha, wife and daughter died, leaving just his son alive. Statement from Leicester due before lunch, Directors have arrived at the Stadium.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/117272-helicopter-crash/

Such a sad time for them, we know as fans what it's like to lose a decent owner.

Thoughts and wishes to Leicester FC.

Quite.

Bear in mind that at the time of the crash it would have been around 02:30 in Thailand so clearly they want to inform people there before it's in the media.

Very sad indeed and it's reminding me of how I felt when Markus died.

What we don't know is anyone else involved - anyone not in the helicopter but caught up in the explosion.

Rather odd people clinging on to an idea that everyone is fine because an official statement hasn't come out.

What we don't know is anyone else involved - anyone not in the helicopter but caught up in the explosion.

Rather odd people clinging on to an idea that everyone is fine because an official statement hasn't come out.

No one seems to have mentioned the pilot yet who you'd assume didn't walk away from that one. All the attention will be on the owner and his family but there is also a guy there who just went to work and won't be coming home.

It was mooted that he might have been.

My girlfriend is learning to fly helicopters and I've been up with her and an instructor. A serious mechanical failure at take-off with a substantial load of fuel (not just what you need for doing local circuits) and you have no chance. Pre-flight checks are thorough and all the instruments have to be showing the correct readings before lift, so who knows what happened here.

There won't be any long term change to helicopter flying as a result of this, I wouldn't think, although I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in a temporary ban on landing at enclosed stadia. We'll have to wait for the AAIB report and in the meantime agree that Tuesday is too soon for our game against them.

Absolutely horrible news, i know it shouldn't make any more of a difference compared to the loss of any life but the fact that his daughters were in the helicopter too makes it so incredibly sad to me.

Hopefully Saints, Leicester and the football league will have the good sense to cancel our game in the cup on Tuesday night, some things are far more important than football and the families should be allowed to grieve without something as trivial as a football game getting the way.

It was mooted that he might have been.

My girlfriend is learning to fly helicopters and I've been up with her and an instructor. A serious mechanical failure at take-off with a substantial load of fuel (not just what you need for doing local circuits) and you have no chance. Pre-flight checks are thorough and all the instruments have to be showing the correct readings before lift, so who knows what happened here.

There won't be any long term change to helicopter flying as a result of this, I wouldn't think, although I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in a temporary ban on landing at enclosed stadia. We'll have to wait for the AAIB report and in the meantime agree that Tuesday is too soon for our game against them.

Pretty irresponsible really to be taking off in such a built up area. May not be the time to have that discussion at the moment but it really could have been a hell of a lot worse.

Pretty irresponsible really to be taking off in such a built up area. May not be the time to have that discussion at the moment but it really could have been a hell of a lot worse.

dunno. Helicopters are doing it constantly all round the country. These accidents are extremely rare

dunno. Helicopters are doing it constantly all round the country. These accidents are extremely rare
Yes but directly after a game with hundreds of fans around if there's a chance that something like this could occur surely you would delay takeoffs to minimise casualties of somethibg like this did happen.

Terrible news, as has been already said it's clearly likely all on board died.

I've always thought the helicopter landing on the pitch at the King Power was an accident waiting to happen, unfortunately I've been proven to be right.

Thoughts are with all those affected as well as Leicester fans out there.

Yes but directly after a game with hundreds of fans around if there's a chance that something like this could occur surely you would delay takeoffs to minimise casualties of somethibg like this did happen.

Wasn’t it an hour and half afterwards and not many around?