Bring back four saints players to save our team.

norwaysaint

--------------McCarthy--------------

Cedric---VvD---Hoedt---Bertrand

--------Wanyama--Hojbjerg--------

Redmond----Lallana----Mane

-----------------Ings------------------

Whilst I'm disgusted at myself for keeping Hoedt & Redmond in this team, but I think the returning players I've picked would make them better.

I think Ings would thrive in that front line.

I've purposely picked players who are still playing, otherwise Keegan / Tiss / Lambert would've made the cut.

Add in

Mark Wright

Alan Ball

Keegan

Channon

winners!

Agree except I would have David Armstrong instead of Wright - great defensively and good for 10 goals a season. The opposition would be under so much pressure they'd not test our defence a huge amount.

Disappointing so many people just listed four palyers without trying to build them into a credible team, which is kind of the point.

I think

McCarthy

Cedric Toby Yoshida Bertrand

Schneiderlin PEH

Redmond Lemina MLT

Lambert Ings

I think when talking about at their peak for saints, it's hard not to include MLT. I mean, he may not always have performed consistently and lost pace in later years, but MLT at his very best? Come on...

Disappointing so many people just listed four palyers without trying to build them into a credible team, which is kind of the point.

I think

McCarthy

Cedric Toby Yoshida Bertrand

Schneiderlin PEH

Redmond Lemina MLT

Lambert Ings

I think when talking about at their peak for saints, it's hard not to include MLT. I mean, he may not always have performed consistently and lost pace in later years, but MLT at his very best? Come on...

I'll bite, is it 12 a-side where you come from?

Totally baffling me how anyone can participate in this and NOT pick MLT!!!

Probably because he was able to get away with his slow pace and general lethargy in the 90s.

PL football has evolved since then and he wouldn't get anything like the time and space he used to get and would need to be effective in today's game.