Bring back four saints players to save our team.

norwaysaint

We've done it before, but for fun. Imagine you had a time machine to bring back four players in their SAINTS' prime (Therefore Shearer, Bale, Walcott etc at the level they reached while they played for us). The manager can be one of your picks.

What would be your team for next week?

We've done it before, but for fun. Imagine you had a time machine to bring back four players in their SAINTS' prime (Therefore Shearer, Bale, Walcott etc at the level they reached while they played for us). The manager can be one of your picks.

What would be your team for next week?

4-3-3

McCarthy

Cedric

VvD

Toby

Bertrand

Lemina

Romeu

PEH

Redmond

Le Tiss

Mane

No Bale?

Bale was just a promising young left back when he was at saints. I don't think he would have added that much now, better to stick with Bertrand who is one of the few quality players we have. Add the quality elsewhere. It took him a couple of seasons to really break through at Spurs.

------------------------McCarthy-----------------------

Cedric---ALDERWIERELD-------Yoshida-----Bertrand

-----------------------WANYAMA-----------------------

-----------Hojbjerg-------------------Lemina----------

-----------------------LE TISSIER----------------------

-------------MANE-------------------Ings--------------

I'd go for that. 4-4-2 Diamond with forwards dropping wide to defend and MLT with a free role.

Four players you say.

Matty, thats a given put also I loved Marian so that is probably 2.

What we need is leaders and work rate in the midfield and the only person Ive seen in a Saints shirt is Chris Marsden so I am going to give him the nod but spiderman is a close second.

The final one has to be defence or goal and this is a tough one. Do you go for a proven keeper or a central defensive marshal. As we already have AM in goal, I feel that I would put Killer in there, fit, obviously.

That would give us flare up front, work rate in the midfield and guile in the defence.

Dennis, Case, MLT, Danny Wallace.

We already have a decent LB but along with Casey, you just suspect Psycho is going to have the slackers and overweight loafers in the squad a wallop if they aren’t putting 100% in. Wish we had enforcers like that now, keep the boys on their toes and honest.

MLT - pretty obvious, and Danny in his hey day to provide some needed pace instead of the slow crap.

IMHO:

-----------------------------McCarthy-----------------------------

Cedric------------Stephens--------SVENSSON---------Bertrand

-----------------Lemina------------------Hojbjerg----------------

-----------MANE-----------LE TISSIER------------Ings-----------

------------------------------LAMBERT-----------------------------

Pick one of our good centre backs:

I'd go for prime Svennson. Didn't leave under a cloud, great organiser and good for a few goals a season.

Then pick some entertainers up front. If we're talking players in their prime then you have to pick Matt Le Tiss. You also have to pick a centre forward to you probably go Keegan or Beattie. Both of those in their prime were far superior to Lambert.

Then you pick Bale, Wallace, Pahars etc. as you choose.

I wasn't old enough to see Keegan play for us, so my team would be:

McCarthy

Cedric

Svennson

Yoshida

Bertrand

Lemina

Hojbjerg

Bale

LeTiss

Redmond (lolz)

Beattie

Would have to pick Matt Le Tiss, goes without saying and he alongside Rodney Wallace were very exciting to watch. Ahh remember the days when we were entertaining to watch a few years ago.

Always liked Claus and Richard Hall too but Michael Svensson would just get the nod as centre half. Creative midfield player would be Steve Williams.

McCarthy

Cedric. Stephens. Svensson. Bertrand

Hojberg. Williams Lemina

Le Tiss. Ings Rod Wallace

Surprised people chose Bale.

Was he really THAT good for us? He was a promising youngster playing in the championship and only played left back for us, one of the few areas we don't really need to replace.

Yes, he was.

Despite playing at left back he was often the man of the match and the most dangerous player on the pitch. People who know their football could see he would be an elite player, same as when Mane joined.

I don't think you have to pick him as a left back in this scenario, though.

1.) Our defence is poor, so clearly one of Toby or VVD for me. I think I would actually pick Toby as he martialed the defence superbly and has more about his all round game than athleticism. He also never lost interest with saints.

2.) Our midfield and attack are not generating enough goals. Queue the greatest player to ever feature in the red and white - Le Tissier

3.) Mane - Utterly unplayable on his day, and for me one of the best wingers in world football.

4.) No. 4 is a tough one with so many to chose from. But the best of the rest is between Channon, Lambert, and Keegan. - Given our current strikeforce issues, I think I would pick Channon.