Why are we so rubbish?

ally_uk

Les Reed? Kruegar?

Gao?

The Manager?

Tactics?

Coaching? I heard a rumor Kelvin Davis was giving squad shooting drills? Surely this cannot be true?

Players?

Identity? Do we even have one? Our players used to play attractive attacking football. They looked fit compare to now, Our players are unfit, look disinterested.

How can we go forwards?

Sack everyone lol

Thoughts?

Les Reed? Kruegar?

Gao?

The Manager?

Tactics?

Coaching? I heard a rumor Kelvin Davis was giving squad shooting drills? Surely this cannot be true?

Players?

Identity? Do we even have one? Our players used to play attractive attacking football. They looked fit compare to now, Our players are unfit, look disinterested.

How can we go forwards?

Sack everyone lol

Thoughts?

****e fans that leave 5 minutes before the end at 0-0

Saints Media Team,

Keep posting videos of us beating traffic cones 5-0 in training, and videos of us beating giants like Stockport and Rochdale 1-0.

Makes fans think we will beat Man City 10-0.

Driving expectations up.

I do like it when they do Facebook ones like

In three words what will happen this weekend.

The backlash is epic. Sod being Saints Media team in times like this.

:lol:

In one word...confidence.

Where we sank to league 1 and started from nothing, we gained a momentum and a belief.

This has been torn apart by the management structure with sales, change of managers, owners, etc.

How do we fix it...I dont know but relegation should not be viewed as a bad thing.

misplaced arrogance.

oh the blackbox and the southampton way and our recruitment etc etc etc when reed used to do stupid snippets- became so far up our ar*ses when in reality our transfer success from 2014 and 2015 were one-offs over something we would ever do regularly.

we need a change at top of hierarchy- les reed and ralph need to go before any further damage is done- the rot started with them and is continuing with them.

Club surveys about "match day experience" - we just want to experience a win or even a goal ffs, couldn't give a **** about burgers, brass bands, PA systems, fireworks, light shows. The product on the pitch is the only thing that ****ing matters - and it is sub standard.

After much thought.... I've come to the conclusion everything went tits up when the Saints band started playing outside the stadium on matchdays.

Oh that and the ****ing flamethrowers on matchdays like the team are running out to the CL final rather than pub standard level of game against Newcastle

We don't have enough money nor enough status to be anything other than average.

Today's 16 million £ player is yesterday's free transfer. We could change anything you like but until we can get better than average players we'll be scrubbing about with the win some, lose more also rans. That said, we'll not go down because there are 3 teams worse than us. Just as there were last season.

misplaced arrogance.

oh the blackbox and the southampton way and our recruitment etc etc etc when reed used to do stupid snippets- became so far up our ar*ses when in reality our transfer success from 2014 and 2015 were one-offs over something we would ever do regularly.

we need a change at top of hierarchy- les reed and ralph need to go before any further damage is done- the rot started with them and is continuing with them.

The trouble was if you had made this comment in 2014 you would have been ridiculed and shouted down by the very same people who are NOW claiming we WERE arrogant!

Our buy low sell high policy has run out of steam. The cupboard is now bare. Great while it lasted, we made a lot of money. Then we wasted it.

The irony is if our newer signings had been successful they would be sold at some point soon. The predatory top 6 clubs just asset strip the rest, even league champions Leicester couldn't keep their best players (I'm surprised Vardy is still there). I know it's easy to blame the system when your team is failing, but we are a victim of the PL global top 6 brand, mere also-rans or cannon fodder to the greedy elite. If you don't replace what you let go, and no club can do that forever, and when the youth system fails to produce (we are not alone there) , well, thats where we are now.

It'll never happen but I wonder what a truely great manager could do with what players we have..

Ross Wilson has a lot to answer for. If Reed is looking for a scapegoat, then I am surprised this man has not been replaced.

It may come as a shock to find that Les Reed runs all of Saints Football inc buying and selling, Academy,hiring and sacking Managers every season and lately picking Les Reed's own squad to hand over to Puel and Mope when he has finished his transfer business. He actually thought that bringing in Redmond was a master stroke.

HE is the complete t*sser to blame for everything Football at Saints going down the u-bend at a fast rate.

It may come as a shock to find that Les Reed runs all of Saints Football inc buying and selling, Academy,hiring and sacking Managers every season and lately picking Les Reed's own squad to hand over to Puel and Mope when he has finished his transfer business. He actually thought that bringing in Redmond was a master stroke.

HE is the complete t*sser to blame for everything Football at Saints going down the u-bend at a fast rate.

Reed has done more good than harm for our club. It's only in the last 2-3 years that things have turned sour. Don't get me wrong, I think it's time he left but there have been good times with him.

Reed has done more good than harm for our club. It's only in the last 2-3 years that things have turned sour. Don't get me wrong, I think it's time he left but there have been good times with him.

You know what, I’d like to think this is true but look at the trend in decline. Cortese left, Lallana and Lambert left, the black box chap left (can’t remember name as I type this) and from that point Reed was managing a legacy that he couldn’t sustain. Some may say that’s not his fault, but it is...he oversaw the hiring of replacements that were not of the same order. Why? Because Kruger was told by Kat to reign in the spending while she plotted her escape. The writing has been on the wall for years now and we’re likely to see the result at the end of this season. If we drop out of the Prem I don’t expect a quick return...possibly never.

Our buy low sell high policy has run out of steam. The cupboard is now bare. Great while it lasted, we made a lot of money. Then we wasted it.

The irony is if our newer signings had been successful they would be sold at some point soon. The predatory top 6 clubs just asset strip the rest, even league champions Leicester couldn't keep their best players (I'm surprised Vardy is still there). I know it's easy to blame the system when your team is failing, but we are a victim of the PL global top 6 brand, mere also-rans or cannon fodder to the greedy elite. If you don't replace what you let go, and no club can do that forever, and when the youth system fails to produce (we are not alone there) , well, thats where we are now.

It'll never happen but I wonder what a truely great manager could do with what players we have..

SPOT ON!

Bad strategy:

- Long contracts to average players made them complacent.

- Recruiting other clubs bench players; i'd rather a player that is unproven but has shown the potential to sign for a top team rather than a player that was let go by a big team because they weren't good enough.

- Too many 1st team players (quantity over quality); competition is not always good. Some players respond negatively and get ****ed off at not playing each week. Squad harmony drops. No pathway for our youth players either.

Bad coaching:

- Our u23's got relegated and nothing. I think Martin Hunter even got promoted to technical director. Rewarding failure.

- Kelvin Davis is in all likelihood not ready for his role. Not sure how much a GK with no coaching experience can be made 1st team coach.

- Dave Watson as set piece coach. For years we've been awful at these. Nothings been done about it.

Where we sank to league 1 and started from nothing, we gained a momentum and a belief.

This has been torn apart by the management structure with sales, change of managers, owners, etc.

How do we fix it...I dont know but relegation should not be viewed as a bad thing.

I agree. It should be viewed as a ****ing terrible thing.

We don't have enough money nor enough status to be anything other than average.

Today's 16 million £ player is yesterday's free transfer. We could change anything you like but until we can get better than average players we'll be scrubbing about with the win some, lose more also rans. That said, we'll not go down because there are 3 teams worse than us. Just as there were last season.

Patently not the whole problem....

How about coaching and bizarre personnel choices?

Where do I start?

Loved going to the dell, don't enjoy St Mary's match day experience or atmosphere these days.

No really exciting players to watch and no feeling that many of them care either.

Totally uninspiring and unimaginative manager selections by the board. Hughes was always a short term fix and should have walked away with his money in the summer.

Totally uninspiring signings.

Spin by the saints media.....recent email received last week with headline along the lines of "HUGHES: We're almost where we want to be" - is this for real? Maybe it had a different meaning but couldn't be bothered to read it to be honest.

Negative approach from team - maybe players should be banned from passing the ball backwards. Of course I don't mean that but why do we regularly have the ball on the edge of the opposition's box and it ends up being passed back in our half to the centre backs or even the keeper. Possession stats obsession really winds me up.

Mersin on Soccer Saturday said about Saints, "all they're bothered about is finishing 17th now, I don't know what's happened to them"! Like it or not, he's spot on.

What's happened to our academy and young players.

Dreadful team selections by the manager - pick the best eleven each week and stop leaving people out of the 18 then starting with them next game. In my view, Gabbi should start alongside Ings for six games at least, give him the confidence that he'll get a run of games and hope his form and confidence return.

We are pretty poor, only positive is that we are creating quite a few chances - the negative is we're missing nearly all of them!

Advice to Nathan Redmond: when you take players on, you look decent and are a threat. When you constantly turn inside and pass the ball backwards, you may as well be on the bench. BE POSITIVE FFS.

Pretty much what I was going to write. Had a core of players that played their way through the divisions, added a couple of players like Clyne with every promotion along the way who immediately bought into the belief the team had. Then after one season in the top league promptly started selling that core of players and with them went the heart, identity and belief the team had. Hasn't been replaced as players are coming now just to play at a team in the top division and cop the related wage rather than improve their game (Cedric still can't cross a ball after being here for 3 years) or push the team higher up the table. They ain't that bothered.

My point about relegation was a way to see the deadwood walk...they have their egos!

Rebuild that core then push for promotion. The problem is that the best players would then be snapped up and after a few descent years we will be back to where we are now.

Also it went wrong when ML died. Here we had an owner that had passion for the club. I feel the pain that Leicester are going through as they too had found their Marcus Leiber.

****e fans that leave 5 minutes before the end at 0-0

The same ****e fans who’ve watched 1 PL win in 16 at home seeing barely any goals in the process? Yes-the route of all our troubles must be the fans. The PL has made football such that we no longer watch some cloggers graft away and deserve being clapped off the pitch regardless of result. The players are mercenary to**ers showing no urgency or fight. I will therefore reserve the right to come and go as I please having been done for about £700.

Why should I stay right to the end like some subservient muppet when I’ve watched our esteemed left back bother to overlap once in 90 minutes at home to a side bottom of the league?

Happy to admit you’re an uber fan compared to me though.

For me it's numerous factors..

Les Reed and Nobby Nut Cakes how are they both still here?

Wilson our scouting / recruitment has gone backwards...

Who is coaching the players? They look unfit....

A Manager who tactically is a dinosaur, Spends all preseason working on a specific playstyle, formation then drops it immediately when he realizes it is pedestrian...

Over reliance on bang average players I am going to be brutally honest here:

Austin, Davis, Long, Gabbadini, Ward Prowse, Redmond, Elyonouss, Hoedt, Cedric, Lemina.

The above are either currently past it, unfit, bang average or intentionally playing rubbish because they do not want to be here.... ( Lemina) We have essentially stood still.

Redmond has offered nothing even when he was at Norwich he was pants....

Ward Prowse hyped up as the next best thing..... Ok then when is he actually going to come good!

Long all fart no end product....

Austin a carthorse blowing out arse after 20 minutes....

Gabba started off bright but we have destroyed him....

Our players are to inconsistent...

This sums up the core problem.

For me it's numerous factors..

Les Reed and Nobby Nut Cakes how are they both still here?

Wilson our scouting / recruitment has gone backwards...

Who is coaching the players? They look unfit....

A Manager who tactically is a dinosaur, Spends all preseason working on a specific playstyle, formation then drops it immediately when he realizes it is pedestrian...

Over reliance on bang average players I am going to be brutally honest here:

Austin, Davis, Long, Gabbadini, Ward Prowse, Redmond, Elyonouss, Hoedt, Cedric, Lemina.

The above are either currently past it, unfit, bang average or intentionally playing rubbish because they do not want to be here.... ( Lemina) We have essentially stood still.

Redmond has offered nothing even when he was at Norwich he was pants....

Ward Prowse hyped up as the next best thing..... Ok then when is he actually going to come good!

Long all fart no end product....

Austin a carthorse blowing out arse after 20 minutes....

Gabba started off bright but we have destroyed him....

Our players are to inconsistent...

That's the thing isn't it people keep looking for a quick fix. Sack Les, sack Hughes, buy a striker as if anyone of these things in isolation will change the situation. In reality there is is a host of issues contributing to our current plight.