Why are we so rubbish?

ally_uk

Where do I start?

Loved going to the dell, don't enjoy St Mary's match day experience or atmosphere these days.

No really exciting players to watch and no feeling that many of them care either.

Totally uninspiring and unimaginative manager selections by the board. Hughes was always a short term fix and should have walked away with his money in the summer.

Totally uninspiring signings.

Spin by the saints media.....recent email received last week with headline along the lines of "HUGHES: We're almost where we want to be" - is this for real? Maybe it had a different meaning but couldn't be bothered to read it to be honest.

Negative approach from team - maybe players should be banned from passing the ball backwards. Of course I don't mean that but why do we regularly have the ball on the edge of the opposition's box and it ends up being passed back in our half to the centre backs or even the keeper. Possession stats obsession really winds me up.

Mersin on Soccer Saturday said about Saints, "all they're bothered about is finishing 17th now, I don't know what's happened to them"! Like it or not, he's spot on.

What's happened to our academy and young players.

Dreadful team selections by the manager - pick the best eleven each week and stop leaving people out of the 18 then starting with them next game. In my view, Gabbi should start alongside Ings for six games at least, give him the confidence that he'll get a run of games and hope his form and confidence return.

We are pretty poor, only positive is that we are creating quite a few chances - the negative is we're missing nearly all of them!

Advice to Nathan Redmond: when you take players on, you look decent and are a threat. When you constantly turn inside and pass the ball backwards, you may as well be on the bench. BE POSITIVE FFS.

I tried to find things in this post that were wrong or I didn't agree with. Sadly I couldn't.

That's the thing isn't it people keep looking for a quick fix. Sack Les, sack Hughes, buy a striker as if anyone of these things in isolation will change the situation. In reality there is is a host of issues contributing to our current plight.

Just alone getting a front man who can score would make massive difference I believe, and I've been banging on about this for years. Not easy I know, but we're a team in the richest league in the world, with the 8th highest wages, and Bunsen and Beaker have had over 2 years to do this FFS.

What is wrong with a goal keeper teaching the strikers what a goal keeper is thinking/will do in certain situations as part of the wider scoaching stratergy for them. This is what is wrong with mongboards, a bit of information is jumped on without any thought.

Why are we ****, because we attack with no pace we cant move the ball through a defense, we rely on crossing the ball and are **** at that. Our average players are averagly coached.

We’ve got an appalling manager.

We’ve got a massively bloated senior squad. Far too many of our highly paid expensively bought signings are either on loan elsewhere, on the bench, or not even on the bench. Would much prefer to go back to a much leaner squad with much more opportunity for younger players to progress.

Our confidence at home is rock bottom too.

If we’re not already a south coast Sunderland, we are certainly heading that way especially if our plan is to panic bring in more bloat in Jan.

Just alone getting a front man who can score would make massive difference I believe, and I've been banging on about this for years. Not easy I know, but we're a team in the richest league in the world, with the 8th highest wages, and Bunsen and Beaker have had over 2 years to do this FFS.

It would make a difference for a couple of game before the rest of the squad rubbed off on him (oh err) and then he'd become crap...

We have a real malaise about us, 17th is good enough - just keep on taking the cheques. Yes the prem is rigged by the big boys but there is NO excuse not to try and at least entertain. We take OK'ish players and turn them into duds - a really bad sign of a club on a downward drift.

Sparky has inherited this situation and changing him won't stop the direction of travel, it's ingrained.

Ambition and will to win starts at the very top and seeps down. The players aren't stupid - they know that it's just about survival and finding\flogging anyone vaguely decent and consciously\subconsciously don't give it their all.

I miss Cortese TBH. He had his faults but he was ambitious and we had an 'anything is possible' vibe about us when he was running the show. His tenure got your pulse moving, the current lot send you to sleep.

We have a real malaise about us, 17th is good enough - just keep on taking the cheques. Yes the prem is rigged by the big boys but there is NO excuse not to try and at least entertain. We take OK'ish players and turn them into duds - a really bad sign of a club on a downward drift.

how?

Le Tissier has just been discussing Saints' struggles on Gillette Soccer Saturday and when asked how confident he was that the squad would be strengthened in January, replied, "Not very... there's not much money there, which is why we got Ings on loan."

There will be even less next year if we get relegated so the club is going to struggle to pay the players' wages. There aren't many players in our squad we could even get a decent transfer fee for.

The players aren't stupid - they know that it's just about survival and finding\flogging anyone vaguely decent and consciously\subconsciously don't give it their all.

That doesn't make any sense at all, every one of our players is playing at the highest level currently attainable in their careers - if they could play at a higher level they would be doing so already so of course they are going to give it their all just to try to improve themselves, attract attention and advance their own careers.

The Dell was a cold, wet and windy filthy **** hole of a place to spend a Saturday afternoon. I was glad to see the back of the bloody place. In comparison SMS is the last word in luxury living.

The Dell was a cold, wet and windy filthy **** hole of a place to spend a Saturday afternoon and that’s why I f*cking loved it. No aires and graces. No “matchday experiences”. No £22 burgers, clappers and fireworks.

Just an old fashioned football ground, tight to the pitch and with a proper atmosphere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Le Tissier has just been discussing Saints' struggles on Gillette Soccer Saturday and when asked how confident he was that the squad would be strengthened in January, replied, "Not very... there's not much money there, which is why we got Ings on loan."

There will be even less next year if we get relegated so the club is going to struggle to pay the players' wages. There aren't many players in our squad we could even get a decent transfer fee for.

That is worrying, if we don’t strengthen we go down. Something is seriously wrong with the club if there is no money after the players we’ve flogged.

At the fans forum Krueger stated that gao’s policy would be to acquire players via player sales. Well we haven’t exactly got any prized assets to sell. So can't see any squad development forthcoming.

Main issues are dire managerial appointments, keeping pellegrino for too long, Reed is 100% to blame for this. Been screaming out for a decent striker, pace and creativity for 3 seasons and we’ve gone into this season with a bang average squad. Bournemouth light years ahead of us.

At the fans forum Krueger stated that gao’s policy would be to acquire players via player sales. Well we haven’t exactly got any prized assets to sell. So can't see any squad development forthcoming.

Main issues are dire managerial appointments, keeping pellegrino for too long, Reed is 100% to blame for this. Been screaming out for a decent striker, pace and creativity for 3 seasons and we’ve gone into this season with a bang average squad. Bournemouth light years ahead of us.

That's not really a policy though is it. Its called the only option open to you if you're either unwilling or unable to spend any money.

Ings is only on loan for expediency on deadline day after weeks/months of negotiations/wrangling with Liverpool.

We're locked in to signing him for twenty odd million quid. So that's two twenty million pound strikers in two consecutive windows.

I wouldn't listen to Le Tissier's financial analysis, it's not his strong suit.

Ings is only on loan for expediency on deadline day after weeks/months of negotiations/wrangling with Liverpool.

We're locked in to signing him for twenty odd million quid. So that's two twenty million pound strikers in two consecutive windows.

I wouldn't listen to Le Tissier's financial analysis, it's not his strong suit.

My concern is that should we, which is looking increasing likely, go down this season, we still have to pay £20m for ings. That will be a significant chunk of our transfer budget gone.

We’ll essentially be stuck with £40m worth of pretty average CF’s. Very worrying.