Manchester City away build up....

saint lard

So why has this game been moved to Sunday? Spurs are playing their league cup game tonight, why couldn't City?

Pep' might be going out for dinner Saturday night, so naturally the PL changed the game to Sunday. He hasn't decided for sure yet, but they changed it just in case.

So why has this game been moved to Sunday? Spurs are playing their league cup game tonight, why couldn't City?

It’s ridiculous, after City’s game away to Spurs was moved to the Monday they insisted on having two days gap between games , but they’ll change most of their team anyway.

Spurs might have done the same but didn’t want to play Sunday with Champions league game next Tuesday. Hence them playing away to Wolves at 7.45pm Saturday night.

It’s the most apathetic I’ve know our fans to be, plenty of regulars not bothering and those who are seriously questioning why. Obviously it will be a comfortable win for Manchester City with Hughes giving his standard interview after the game. Carbon copy of Liverpool away.

We only lost on aggregate to them 3-1 last season, it was 4-1 the previous season (even though we did get a point up there, Redmond scored a goal!)

I'm afraid though that it really is a case of how many they will score. I just hope that we make some sort of a game of it, because we simply rolled over against Liverpool and Chelsea.

McCarthy

Cedric Stephens Hoedt Bertrand

Hojbjerg Romeu Lemina

Long Ings Redmond

is my guess. We're in for a trouncing whatever team we put out, but I'd like to see some goals...

Ah sod it, positivity. 3-1 Saints.

I'm trying to imagine our fan base trying to process that result if it came to pass...:lol:

Don't wish injury on anyone, but that's a silver lining we definitely need. He makes them click. (Even more than the rest)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

To be fair in the current situation they could probably play an entire second string side and still have the better team than our best first 11.

Not sure if i remember correctly, but didnt hughes stoke team lose 7-2 last season at city?

So will predict 6-1 City.

But our goal will come to make it 2-1, and then as we push for an equaliser, theyll score a counter attack, before scoring 3 more goals at the end of the game

Not sure if i remember correctly, but didnt hughes stoke team lose 7-2 last season at city?

So will predict 6-1 City.

But our goal will come to make it 2-1, and then as we push for an equaliser, theyll score a counter attack, before scoring 3 more goals at the end of the game

You forgot to mention the sixth goal will be allowed despite a possible foul on Cedric at the far post and afterwards, Hughes will launch a scathing attack on the officials moaning that the referee cost Saints dear as we were still well in the game at 5-1.

Very doubtful based on their disjointed display against Middlesbro last weekend. You are forgetting just how big the gap is between the worse PL sides and the best the Championship can offer. Very soon promotion to the PL will become pointless.

Tell that to Man U

Very doubtful based on their disjointed display against Middlesbro last weekend. You are forgetting just how big the gap is between the worse PL sides and the best the Championship can offer. Very soon promotion to the PL will become pointless.

True, Fulham took many teams apart last season. But under Pellegrino we beat them fairly comfortably in the cup.

The gap isn't that big. Our current side would struggle to finish top 6 under the current clown.

On Football Manager, I just played Man City away. We drew 2-2 with them, Shane Long scoring twice, including a goal after 30 seconds.

MLG - give him a refund ;-)

Instant Classic must have been playing the game as well.

Micky - some good pubs in Bradford and VP is an interesting stadium and one of the best at that level. Their fans are as peed off at their faceless overseas owners as ours are, and they don’t score many, so it should be a home from home. Hope I’m wrong and it’s a 4-4 thriller for you and have a good day out

Pep reckon that Saints have hugely talented players...

“Always when I see Southampton, with the players they have, it's a surprise they are in the position they are in.

'It's the quality of the players they have. I'm impressed with the quality they have in front, it's strong, and especially in the middle, with (Oriol) Romeu, (Pierre-Emile) Hojbjerg. They have hugely talented players.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-6349053/Pep-Guardiola-surprised-Southampton-struggles.html