Manchester City away build up....

saint lard

Pep reckon that Saints have hugely talented players...

“Always when I see Southampton, with the players they have, it's a surprise they are in the position they are in.

'It's the quality of the players they have. I'm impressed with the quality they have in front, it's strong, and especially in the middle, with (Oriol) Romeu, (Pierre-Emile) Hojbjerg. They have hugely talented players.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-6349053/Pep-Guardiola-surprised-Southampton-struggles.html

That’s a standard tactic to unsettle the team. It’s like the opposite of saying we’re **** and firing us up.

“Always when I see Southampton, with the players they have, it's a surprise they are in the position they are in.

'It's the quality of the players they have. I'm impressed with the quality they have in front, it's strong, and especially in the middle, with (Oriol) Romeu, (Pierre-Emile) Hojbjerg. They have hugely talented players.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-6349053/Pep-Guardiola-surprised-Southampton-struggles.html

Blokes a mess.

No point bringing him in to fail vs City and then be told he’s not ready. Needs to come in vs Watford and Fulham. Last season he got 8 minutes vs Spurs and wasn’t seen again.

The thing is he is ready. Has been scoring goals for fun in the under 23s, way too good for that level. Has power, pace and skill and can finish.

That’s just the usual pre-match ****** he comes out with. He knows we’re **** and they will put at least three past us while we barely manage a shot on or off target.

MLG - give him a refund ;-)

Instant Classic must have been playing the game as well.

Micky - some good pubs in Bradford and VP is an interesting stadium and one of the best at that level. Their fans are as peed off at their faceless overseas owners as ours are, and they don’t score many, so it should be a home from home. Hope I’m wrong and it’s a 4-4 thriller for you and have a good day out

Valley Parade was the first ground that I took my first son to, many moons ago. Back in the day it had one of the old wooden stands still in use, haven't been back until today. Despite the result, quite enjoyed the day out, and had Bradford had a little more confidence and composure then I think they would've gotten something from the game. Although it was top versus bottom there really wasn't that much between the teams, mind you it is a stark reminder of the standard of football we will be seeing if we end up getting relegated.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

No point bringing him in to fail vs City and then be told he’s not ready. Needs to come in vs Watford and Fulham. Last season he got 8 minutes vs Spurs and wasn’t seen again.

Didn't he get handed a stone cold sitter of a chance in that game, and completely fluff it? Far and away our best chance of the game?

Doubt it will be a big hammering Saints aren't that bad at the back. Probably 2 or 3 nil to City.

The issue is we couldn't score against a team of dustbins let alone City.

Football is a funny game and any bookmaker offering 30 - 1 must have had a good Saturday.

Even more ridiculous is Man City to win first half but draw second. That's 40 - 1 !!

Saints just need to use the game to stretch the legs of a few squad players. Rest Bertie give Target a blow. JWP needs a game as does Yoshi.

Play as high up the pitch as possible and press the hell out of them. Refresh with 3 pacy subs on 60 mins and see how we get on.

Or play Gunn Vestergaard and Long up front and just lump it high and long at every opportunity. Be hilarious.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I read earlier City are looking to set a club record of 7 consecutive clean sheets, meanwhile a blank for us will set a club record of 6 consecutive games without a goal.

What happens when a stoppable force meets an immovable object?

A defeat is definitely on the cards. I will await the team selection before deciding on how many we will concede! More important for me today is the performance, the desire and the attitude displayed by the players. There is no doubt we will be fighting relegation this season. Today's game is a write off, but a decent display could help us push on for the Watford and Fulham matches - huge, huge games potentially.

Doubt it will be a big hammering Saints aren't that bad at the back. Probably 2 or 3 nil to City.

The issue is we couldn't score against a team of dustbins let alone City.

Refresh with 3 pacy subs on 60 mins and see how we get on

We have just got Long in that category!!!!!!!! But we DO have Davis!

Well were up against one of the best footballing sides in the world, so I fear 2 halves similar to the Chelsea 1st half, backs to the wall while their playmakers take the p**s. I think McCarthy will have back ache after the final whistle, we'll create one chance which we will fluff. It's a no win situation for MH, if we try and press higher up the pitch they'll play through us and score. If we sit back they'll score eventually, 20 minutes in say. We won't be able to keep the ball because they will swarm all over us so I predict league one long hoof stuff from us, but with the deadly Long as target man we may have a chance.....

One thing for sure we won't score & we won't keep a clean sheet either!, obviously we aren't expected to get a result from this game but it would be nice if we at least show we want to play a game of football, if we concede more than twice the floodgates will open we are that low in confidence, sadly even a 6 or 7 nil hammering will do nothing to change our situation we have gambled on Hughes & are stuck with him!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

No football match is ever a foregone conclusion. City have an obscenely expensive collection of the World’s best players but luck still plays its part. We can score if one or two of our chances go in, and they can fail to score from the chances they will have. Doom and gloom beforehand is pointless.

Mark Hughes was encouraged by the attacking threat carried by his side, despite the 7-1 mauling at the hands of a rampant Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium today.

"I felt we were a threat all game and obviously forced the issue for the Laporte own goal which was pleasing. We had worked on it in the week and carried out our game plan well."

"For 5 of their goals the referee was naïve and ultimately that has cost us, we definitely deserved a point, if not more. Clearly we have played well and are close to where we want to be, which is competing for a top 10 finish. If we play like this going forward then I am confident we will get there."

Mark Hughes was encouraged by the attacking threat carried by his side, despite the 7-1 mauling at the hands of a rampant Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium today.

"I felt we were a threat all game and obviously forced the issue for the Laporte own goal which was pleasing. We had worked on it in the week and carried out our game plan well."

"For 5 of their goals the referee was naïve and ultimately that has cost us, we definitely deserved a point, if not more. Clearly we have played well and are close to where we want to be, which is competing for a top 10 finish. If we play like this going forward then I am confident we will get there."

:yawn: