Manchester City away build up....

saint lard

Any chance we can get any thing from this besides being absolutely battered?

We might show a little resilience...but I fear it will be short lived.

I will go for an optimistic 4-0 trouncing for us.

Followed by the usual codswallop from Hughes, the players and the media team.

I suppose this is a bit of a free hit for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even the most positive saints fan would struggle to see us getting anything from this game.

I imagine Hughes will go for damage limitation in attempt to keep our goal difference higher than our relegation rivals.

Our team would struggle to score against Sarisbury Sparks U8s let alone one of the best teams in the world right now.

No doubt City's pass and move football will completely baffle Hoedt and Stephens while our midfield two will be lucky if they touch the ball.

All in all I imagine we will go put everyone behind the ball and hoof it to an isolated Ings upfront while trying to keep I to a respectable 3-0.

Really looking forward to it...

I’ve got some brambles which need shredding down the garden and an old shed which needs to come down. Anybody want to come around and give me a hand instead of watching the game?

The only real question is who to make my fantasy captain. Aguero could grab a few but I’ve also got Laporte, who is guaranteed a clean sheet.

Edited by Lighthouse

I reckon we've got a good chance actually.

We know after last season's trip up there that Pep reeeeeeeally rates Redmond, and thinks he's one of the best players in the PL. so I fully expect him to be putting three men on him at all times, which should leave loads more space for our other prolific attackers to exploit.

Pointless game. We will be on 0 after 90 mins, City could be on a rugby score!! Would take a 3-0 defeat now, but fear it could be much much worse.

Just hope that the yellow card count is also 0, and injuries on 0 as well!!

A few injuries in the right places might be helpful in forcing Hughes look a bit deeper into his squad for options that might work better. Wouldn't be too upset if Bertie picks up a yellow (5th) and misses the game v Watford.........at least I wouldn't have to watch our "captain" jogging back to defend an attack in progress ahead of him.

I might take up Lighthouses offer to do a different kind of shredding to that we will likely endure on Sunday afternoon!

UPDATE: Steveo think you yellow card wish might go right out the window - we have Lee Mason as referee for the game

I think we should give some different players a try for this match. Chance for Hughes to test ideas out. If anyone does well, they earn a place for the next match. If we lose 8-0, it won’t hurt the morale of the ‘first team’ and will encourage Mr Gao to get his chequebook out in January. I think this would be a Win-Win situation (except the actual result ;) )

Few teams will get anything at City this season. This is merely a case of damage limitation, which may help us come the end of the season. We'll lose, but keeping the score down will help in the big picture.

Edited by Micky

Hopefully the Man City captain will declare at 6-0 after an hour and give us only half an hour to survive or I suppose we could ask to go off for bad light!! The team with the best defensive record at home to a team that just cannot score.....you don't have to be a genius to work out the way this is going! Just go all out attack, this is a free swing to be honest!

We are 22/1 with bet365 for win :lol:

A cheeky £500 would bag you £11,500

If you are gonna have a hopeful one then shop around a bit. We were 33/1 in places. Now down to 'only' 30/1:

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/man-city-v-southampton/winner

If you are going to the game (fair play) then you have to have a fiver at 30/1. You're prob spending a ton anyway.

Sure - gun to head - you pick Man City to win. But the prices are getting stupid nowadays. 6/1 used to be the 'no chance' price. Not 30/1. Bleeuuuggghh.

Knowing Saints we’ll lose in the cruelest way possible. Something like: we hold them at bay for 95 minutes and then win a penalty, score it, it gets ordered to be retaken (encroachment), miss it, they break up the field and score.

With a 6-0 you can just shrug and move on but those two last kick winners for them last year really twisted the knife.

Knowing Saints we’ll lose in the cruelest way possible. Something like: we hold them at bay for 95 minutes and then win a penalty, score it, it gets ordered to be retaken (encroachment), miss it, they break up the field and score.

With a 6-0 you can just shrug and move on but those two last kick winners for them last year really twisted the knife.

Agreed. The longer the game stays level, the more nervous we get, thus making it more painful the later we concede. Can't see it being an issue this week.

Few teams will get anything at City this season. This is merely a case of damage limitation, which may help us come the end of the season. We'll lose, but keeping the score down will help in the big picture.

Luckily we haven't got a manager who has had a team concede 7 to city previously! Maybe that might help and he will just play 10 defenders?

Hughes will set up 9-1-0

We will keep them out for 45mins without going into their half.

Pep will do his HT team talk and change tactics

By end of 2nd half we will let in 4 or 5.

Hughes talks about how we made a statement in the first half and City struggled to get past the parked bus.

Hughes will set up 9-1-0

We will keep them out for 45mins without going into their half.

Pep will do his HT team talk and change tactics

By end of 2nd half we will let in 4 or 5.

Hughes talks about how we made a statement in the first half and City struggled to get past the parked bus.

No, our usual game plan is to set up very defensively and play with no purpose or intensity, so that they can attack at will. We will be 2-0 down within half an hour, both sides will be content with this and just play gentle, possession football from then on.

We completely switch off in both sets of injury time and concede another goal or two, for an ‘acceptable’ 3-0 defeat, after which Hughes talks about their obvious quality, the ref and our great resolve to keep things fairly even after we’re 2-0 down.

No, I'd happily take the heartbreaking 1-0 defeat. Lesser of 2 evils in terms of team morale than a hammering, and more importantly goal difference!

We park the bus but Citeh still win 1-0 or 2-0. Doesn't sound like it's going to be a thriller but then when are any of our games anything other than pretty boring these days?

17th place and another payday is the height of ambition now.

That's been the case for a number of years.