Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
Results 1,101 to 1,119 of 1119

Thread: James Ward-Prowse

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Munster View Post
    Henderson's to Salah against us was even better I think.

A thing of real beauty was our second goal. Brilliant run and pass by Redmond and superb finish by Ings.
    That goal was similar to, and nearly as enjoyable to watch as Shane Longs at Anfield. I'd hope it would win MOTD goal of the month, but not sure it's eligible scored in the Cup.

Like a lot of people, I was a bit unsure about JWP.

I have to say he has been immense lately whether mid field or covering at RB.

Recovering from a nasty injury at Spurs seems remarkable.

In my view a close call between him and Danny Ings for Player of the Year.

He is an excellent player. I have knocked him a lot in the past but this year he has been excellent.

I am sure there will be offers for him in the summer.

An interesting situation is developing. I'd say that JWP is now our best RB. He's now also our best box-to-box midfielder. He can't play both positions at once, so it comes down to the best cover for him in either position.

Up to now, we've been looking at Romeu for DM or Valery or KWP at RB, but after Smallbone's performance today I'd be tempted to keep JWP at RB and Smallbone to partner Hojbjerg.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

He's come on leaps and bounds over the last 18 months. A very talented English PL player now, will be attracting the attention of a lot around us.

His appearances count at his age is utterly remarkable.

6. Default

Absolutely superb today. Did a fine job of nullifying Grealish.

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    I don’t know what JWP does to them but Grealish was having a real strop today, just like Zaha

Quote Originally Posted by beatlesaint View Post
    I donít know what JWP does to them but Grealish was having a real strop today, just like Zaha
    Now let him do the same to Antonio next week.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

9. Default

I don’t know what JWP does to them but Grealish was having a real strop today, just like Zaha
    He seems to be able to get away with meaty challenges and niggly fouls. Probably his choirboy face. So angelic!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    Decent collection of talented wide-men in his back-pocket now.

As I said in the post match thread earlier there’s nobody else I’d want at RB other than Prowsey, he’s had both Zaha and Grealish in his pocket now.

wrote this about JWP on this forum...

06-09-2014, 10:40 PM

I have seen the future, we all have, I just didn’t understand the importance of this young man. JWP is the new Mr. Saint, the one that will lead our new generation of academy products into the light of the poaching CL clubs. If he can fulfill his potential, continue his progression into the English national team then he will be the next to be tempted away.

JWP must be given time to mature, he doesn’t have the luxury of honing his skills in the lower divisions like lalla, spidy, clyne. Etc…..he will have to prove himself against the world class players. Tough task, but his academy coaches, English Intl. youth managers, Mopo and Roko have seen enough to put this boy in the starting 11. I have to trust their judgment, the fans need to get behind him and support him because he could be the leader of our next golden generation.

I hope Mr. Saint is happy here and doesn't want to leave, his desire to excel has pushed his talents to new heights! next on the banner?????

Ex Belgium, now IoW (I think it's still part of Europe, though!)

I wonder what his market value is now ?
    I guess maybe £25m ?

Quote Originally Posted by eurosaint View Post
    I guess maybe £25m ?
    It has to be more than that. He has developed into a great all-round player. He looked a class above Grealish yesterday and how much is Grealish worth?

I guess maybe £25m ?
    I reckon Saints would ask £60 million, big clubs would probably be around the £35-£40 million mark, so around £50 million he'd go for, especially if he makes the England team this summer.

I guess maybe £25m ?
    It’ll be what we make it to be.

If we sold him for anything less than £50m I think there would be a backlash, he’s gradually becoming our most important player. Getting slightly concerned that we will struggle to keep him in the summer, maybe the interest in HÝjbjerg will shield us for a season.

To get that sort of fee you have to ask

a)which Top 6 club is he a first choice CM?
    b)Do Everton or West Ham want him?

It's great to see how he has progressed this last year. Outside shot at the Euros.

He's become a steady eddie with a bit of added versatility.

Our James Milner

I like him, I've always liked him. Nice guy - great player.

19. Default

I've watched the game twice - was Grealish having a strop? He questioned the yellow card given when Djenepo went close near half time but otherwise it looked as though he took all the attention and double teaming in his stride. He also had a fairly impressive game in a side which looked shambolic - Mings aside. I don't think Grealish was in anyones pocket today as others have claimed. The other thing I noticed watching the replay was the quality Smallbone showed in the first half - very composed and a nice range of passing. Hojbjerg very good as well along with Djenepo.