Is it already a 5 team relegation battle?

Dusic

• 3 months later...

Although it has changed a bit in the last 3 months, the OP is pretty much accurate I think.

Yes Brighton are in poor form but they only Spurs who are decent until the last two games. I struggle to believe they will pick up less than 8 or 9 points before the end of the season.

Burnley are in good form and don't look like going down. Something like 6th best form in the last 10 games (far better than us)

Palace are not a poor side IMO and always score goals.

If Hudds (100%) and Fulham (80%) are down then its between Cardiff, Saints and Newcastle.

Newcastle are hard to predict but have a good Manager and may get a boost from Almiron.

To have given Cardiff 25% of their points is possibly going to send us down. To be below such a limited side after this many games is gutting.

Although it has changed a bit in the last 3 months, the OP is pretty much accurate I think.

Yes Brighton are in poor form but they only Spurs who are decent until the last two games. I struggle to believe they will pick up less than 8 or 9 points before the end of the season.

Burnley are in good form and don't look like going down. Something like 6th best form in the last 10 games (far better than us)

Palace are not a poor side IMO and always score goals.

If Hudds (100%) and Fulham (80%) are down then its between Cardiff, Saints and Newcastle.

Newcastle are hard to predict but have a good Manager and may get a boost from Almiron.

To have given Cardiff 25% of their points is possibly going to send us down. To be below such a limited side after this many games is gutting.

It's any one of 6 to join Huddersfield and Fulham. 3 points covering the 6, with Brighton in free fall. Doubt Palace or. Burnley will go down, but while its only 3 points who knows.

Watching the Sunderland documentary, we bear all the hallmarks. Depleted squad. Squandered transfer window. A few bad eggs still just collecting wages. Good guy manager. ‘Nice’ club. Similar stadium even. Porous defence. No goalscorers. Frailty. Not looking too good for us at the moment, and quite far from ‘comfortably mid-table’ some on here predicted a short time ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were nailed on when Sparky left, what Ralph has achieved just to get us to a position where there is still all to play for is herculean.

We've had a recent blip but my money is still on him getting us out of it.

The trouble is even if we do stay up without an injection of quality especially upfront we'll be here next year too and sooner or later we'll be relegated.