Man City vs Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

A goal! Nevertheless, we’ve been tactically all wrong. Every time MC break they have 5-6 players matched up to our 4 defenders. Our midfield keeps being bypassed. Effectively we have four midfielders not marking anyone. Our defence needs to push up, to compress the space between midfield and defence.

That Fat Sam button looks like it's edging closer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to admit it but could be the solution we need. The decline with us is heavy. Need to stop the rot before we have any hope of moving forward.

Sam did that for Everton and now Silva (not good enough for us) has them playin some delicious stuff again.

We aren't actually playing 442 are we? I mean that would be ****ing obviously idiotic so I assumed we aren't.

Whispering Dave on Solent was all for us giving it a go in 4-4-2. Cedric's pre match interview which according to blackmore was a dig at Hughes briefly dropping 4-4-2 also looks laughable.

Get the frustration, but if anyone here thinks Hughes is nub of the problem, they're wrong IMO. It is about the quality of the players on the pitch. I was saying three seasons ago that Redmond, Long, Austin would get us relegated - add Hoedt and Stephens to the mix and the flake that is JWP - well, I would defy any decent Manager to make the team good enough to get anything from the likes of City.

Adrian will be along in a minute....

Get the frustration, but if anyone here thinks Hughes is nub of the problem, they're wrong IMO. It is about the quality of the players on the pitch. I was saying three seasons ago that Redmond, Long, Austin would get us relegated - add Hoedt and Stephens to the mix and the flake that is JWP - well, I would defy any decent Manager to make the team good enough to get anything from the likes of City.

Pell very nearly did last season, so I think that's rubbish.

Hughes is the immediate problem - there are other issues of course, but need to start with Hughes.

Other people seem to think we are. Are you basing that statement on Ings playing slightly deeper than Long? If so, it's a 442.

No. We started 433 with long right and redmond left of Ings.

Now playing 442.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are shyte but why some actually think it's funny is beyond me........

The team you support getting stuffed cannot be funny under any circumstances but some cretins actually like it...... Why? How???

No one likes it but having the ability to laugh at oneself is a virtue.

I think people also hope it might stimulate some change, if we are completely ruined.

Oh, 4-1.