Man City vs Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Players lazy?!? Rubbish! There are 5-6 players that just do not have Prem quality - it's not them being lazy - they're just not good enough. Hughes can't do much more - he picks from a squad that has been drained of quality and it's not just quality on match day - it's the quality in training listening and retaining the knowledge that the coaching team are trying to get across. What has Redmond contributed? What has Long contributed? What has JWP contributed? Ings is not exactly top quality, but at least he's got a footballing brain and knows how get into scoring positions.

I didn't expect us to beat City - I even expected a thrashing - so it's not about this game. It's about the last THREE seasons of decline where we've sacked two managers and the recruitment of players has been shambolic. The blame should lie entirely at the feet of the Board. I would emphasise Les Reed, but I'm not sure he's still holding the reigns now.

Players lazy?!? Rubbish! There are 5-6 players that just do not have Prem quality - it's not them being lazy - they're just not good enough. Hughes can't do much more - he picks from a squad that has been drained of quality and it's not just quality on match day - it's the quality in training listening and retaining the knowledge that the coaching team are trying to get across. What has Redmond contributed? What has Long contributed? What has JWP contributed? Ings is not exactly top quality, but at least he's got a footballing brain and knows how get into scoring positions.

I didn't expect us to beat City - I even expected a thrashing - so it's not about this game. It's about the last THREE seasons of decline where we've sacked two managers and the recruitment of players has been shambolic. The blame should lie entirely at the feet of the Board. I would emphasise Les Reed, but I'm not sure he's still holding the reigns now.

Lose all you want to City, but you only have to look at the decline in performance from Ings to see how horrendous our training is. His own dad is quoted as saying it's "like a holiday camp compared to Liverpool".

Hughes needs to go, Reed, Kruegar and ****ing Gao aren't going anywhere so we'd might aswell forget about that.

Reading these comments I think some enjoy it more when we lose. Man City rip most teams apart why are we any different? Management ie Les etc not helped but when your team is dismantled of your best players to sit on Top 6 bench’s it’s hardly surprising.

I wouldn't trust your judgement on who should be Manager, you've been one of Hughes's biggest defenders when it's been clear for a long time that he is a ****ing awful manager.

Incorrect. I just don't think he's the main problem and am able to take a more balanced and reasoned outlook on the situation, you should try it.

Makes you wonder what our players do all week, certainly not practicing football thats for f***ing sure...

Get off the golf course and your PS4's and do your vastly overpaid job. The travelling fans probably shelled out a nearly weeks wages , factoring on the ale and pies, to watch this.

Hughes will get away with this because it's Citeh and Cedric might have been fouled for the 4th. MC will coast the 2nd half , Ederson will do a crossword or two, JWP will get sent off after 70 mins...

I'm desperate. I'd appoint Big Sam.

First thing I'd do is ditch the majority of this team. Absolutley hate this group. Ugly team which offers nothing other than struggle and it won't ever change. A tactically inept, physically weak and mentally challenged bunch of individuals.

Reading these comments I think some enjoy it more when we lose. Man City rip most teams apart why are we any different? Management ie Les etc not helped but when your team is dismantled of your best players to sit on Top 6 bench’s it’s hardly surprising.

gallows humour!!

No saints fan enjoys this utter BS.

I have mates that don't even support Saints. Even they are shocked and depressed (for us) about our decline past 2-3 years

Playing higher up and using JWP and redmond more. Better. but far far far too late.

Irony being JWP is our best player this half :p

Our most consistent player over the last 12 minutes.

Must be worth a massive pay rise and long term contract to keep him at the club, eh Les ?

First thing I'd do is ditch the majority of this team. Absolutley hate this group. Ugly team which offers nothing other than struggle and it won't ever change. A tactically inept, physically weak and mentally challenged bunch of individuals.

Not forgetting there's certain members you'd just absolutely love to punch in the face.

gallows humour!!

No saints fan enjoys this utter BS.

I have mates that don't even support Saints. Even they are shocked and depressed (for us) about our decline past 2-3 years

Obviously with Glasgow, we don't know if this is true...but I have had this experience. It's not even fun for them to take the **** anymore. It's depressing.

Pep seems like to like us for some weird reason, so wouldn't surprise me at all if he'd told them to not downright embarrass us.

What's not to like? Concede at will, don't do any rough stuff and even apologetic when we score

He loves us. I imagine most prem managers do

Lose all you want to City, but you only have to look at the decline in performance from Ings to see how horrendous our training is. His own dad is quoted as saying it's "like a holiday camp compared to Liverpool".

What do you expect considering who Hughes brought with him as backroom staff?