Man City vs Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

I remember when we'd give the top 6 sides a game (even Manchester City) even on our 1st year back we in the premier league in 2012-13 season we shown more fight then this current side has, on this performance it shows just how much we have regressed in the past few seasons and just how embarrasing our recruitment and managing of team affairs is

3-0 inside 20mins. 83%-17% posession. Our worst defeat ever is on the cards. Should be the end of Hughes. And hopefully at least Reed.
I'd say even with a club record defeat today, both will remain.To think otherwise is delusion.. there is no-one at the club able to make a decision like that.

HUGHES OUT. Players aren’t even trying. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic. This needs to be Hughes last game. SORT IT OUT SAINTS.

HUGHES OUT.

4th time lucky for Leslie?!

Absolutely pointless changing managers again while he's still here. Absolutely pointless

This is more embarrassing than anyone could dream of.

Southampton professional football players getting in each other's way, not making blocks, not making tackles, missing the ball, passing to the opposition.

For all the bull**** posted on the OS of training it appears the players have never actually met each other.

An absolute disgrace and the club, players and management should be utterly ashamed and embarrassed of themselves.

I cannot conceive that a football club is so blinded and aloof that they continue the same mantra and business model that is so obviously a failure.

****ing disgraceful and I can't believe that the club is getting such an easy ride to failure from the fans.

I remember when we'd give the top 6 sides a game (even Manchester City) even on our 1st year back we in the premier league in 2012-13 season we shown more fight then this current side has, on this performance it shows just how much we have regressed in the past few seasons and just how embarrasing our recruitment and managing of team affairs is

I remember giving City a game very well....it was last season.

This was a game crying out for 4-5-1 with three central midfielders. The only chance we had of getting anything from this game was to frustrate City and see if we could hit them on the break. Playing Ings every week is detrimental to the team as we are shoe-horning him into the number 10 role and that is affecting the balance of the side. If we are going to play him, play him up front. Oh, plus we are generally ****e, with a ****e manager, ****e tactics and ****e players!

Get the frustration, but if anyone here thinks Hughes is nub of the problem, they're wrong IMO. It is about the quality of the players on the pitch. I was saying three seasons ago that Redmond, Long, Austin would get us relegated - add Hoedt and Stephens to the mix and the flake that is JWP - well, I would defy any decent Manager to make the team good enough to get anything from the likes of City.