Watford protest

Saint IQ

What about a few banners outside then a pre planned non attendance for the first 7 minutes of the game, to mark the 7 years of progression we had after Markus took us over before everything started going to ****. At least if enough took part it might get some news coverage

What about a few banners outside then a pre planned non attendance for the first 7 minutes of the game, to mark the 7 years of progression we had after Markus took us over before everything started going to ****. At least if enough took part it might get some news coverage
the board listened to the Puel out brigade and where did that get us? Reed and Wilson will hold on whatever and so nothing is going to change

There are enough of the clueless new-breed of saints fans around where I sit to show that we’d never get a mass protest anyway. Plus, they don’t need the fans for income anymore so I’m not sure they’d be that bothered.

They will when they get relegated this season. As someone posted above, an half empty stadium this year and 12000 gates next season will force them out as Les et al won’t have any money to pay themselves and Gao will no alternatives to sell as he won’t be able to service the losses. Then we start again as Sunderland have.

the board listened to the Puel out brigade and where did that get us? Reed and Wilson will hold on whatever and so nothing is going to change

Christ how many times? Puel was sacked because he lost about 8 players in the dressing room. Absolutely sod all to do with the fans.

Christ how many times? Puel was sacked because he lost about 8 players in the dressing room. Absolutely sod all to do with the fans.
lost the players lol. Well it would have been better to have sacked them. They hardly came and played for the new men

Those 8 players have really picked up since he left haven’t they? They’ve backed up their complaints with commitment & quality performances.

Have you ever thought Puel was right to pi ss those twts off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They will when they get relegated this season. As someone posted above, an half empty stadium this year and 12000 gates next season will force them out as Les et al won’t have any money to pay themselves and Gao will no alternatives to sell as he won’t be able to service the losses. Then we start again as Sunderland have.

Sorry but I just can’t see that happening. There might be a small gesture to appease the fans, but really we have very little impact on how a club is run. Plus if we drop, I’m sure most of us lot will renew and numbers might go to high teens. Years ago it might have worked, can’t see it today. Clubs and fans are so far removed from each other nowadays.

Those 8 players have really picked up since he left haven’t they? They’ve backed up their complaints with commitment & quality performances.

Have you ever thought Puel was right to pi ss those twts off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Of course. Puel is being proven to be more correct on his assessment of these ******s with every passing week.

Maybe we could have a big version of this printed up and displayed...****ing lairs

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-08-14/katharina-liebherr-letter-to-southampton-football-club-fans

Following extensive and fruitful work, we are entering into a partnership with the Gao family and I am excited about what we will achieve together.

Today is the start of a new and exciting chapter for our club. Mr Jisheng Gao and his daughter, Mrs Nelly Gao, with whom I have built a close relationship, share our values and ambitions. As a team, we will strive to build upon the strong foundation that is in place towards sustainable long-term success.

Mr Gao, Nelly and I have full trust in Ralph Krueger and his management team. We wholeheartedly support their plans to follow the Southampton Way in the years ahead.

But for now it is business as usual at Southampton Football Club and we must allow everyone at the club to focus on the first few weeks of the new season.

I would like to thank the passionate supporters of the club for their ongoing loyalty and faith, and I look forward to seeing you soon at St Mary's.

We March On.

Katharina Liebherr

Statement from Mr Jisheng Gao

I am honoured and humbled to become a partner of Southampton Football Club alongside Katharina Liebherr, who, together with her father, has been such a great steward of the club, its growth and success.

Together, we have the passion and motivation to build on Southampton’s excellent progress in recent years as we look forward to an exciting next chapter for the club.

Maybe we could have a big version of this printed up and displayed...****ing lairs

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-08-14/katharina-liebherr-letter-to-southampton-football-club-fans

Following extensive and fruitful work, we are entering into a partnership with the Gao family and I am excited about what we will achieve together.

Today is the start of a new and exciting chapter for our club. Mr Jisheng Gao and his daughter, Mrs Nelly Gao, with whom I have built a close relationship, share our values and ambitions. As a team, we will strive to build upon the strong foundation that is in place towards sustainable long-term success.

Mr Gao, Nelly and I have full trust in Ralph Krueger and his management team. We wholeheartedly support their plans to follow the Southampton Way in the years ahead.

But for now it is business as usual at Southampton Football Club and we must allow everyone at the club to focus on the first few weeks of the new season.

I would like to thank the passionate supporters of the club for their ongoing loyalty and faith, and I look forward to seeing you soon at St Mary's.

We March On.

Katharina Liebherr

I am honoured and humbled to become a partner of Southampton Football Club alongside Katharina Liebherr, who, together with her father, has been such a great steward of the club, its growth and success.

Together, we have the passion and motivation to build on Southampton’s excellent progress in recent years as we look forward to an exciting next chapter for the club.

Laughable and insulting. She could’ve spared herself the pretentious dialogue and just said “this guy offered me the most cash for he club so I really couldn’t give a **** what happens next, but I’d better pretend that I do to keep my reputation intact and avoid any backlash

The best chance of getting fundamental change is to remove REED. That should start with protests, banners and song calling for it. If after 2 home games it fails then change the name to Gao.

Its not what ever people feel about him he is just an employee. Change comes from the top which means the owners. Look at the statement above they are committed to the Southampton way and a self sustainable club if Reed goes they will just employee someone else to carry on the business model as it is right now nothing will essentially change.

The most simple way to protest is when the players run onto the field at the start everyone stands up and turns their backs toward the pitch. Stay that way for the first five minutes and then turn around.No cheering,banner waving or boos. Silent protest from within the ground. Repeat if for the start of the second half irrespective of the score and just hope it registers with the incompetents who are ruining our club.

The best chance of getting fundamental change is to remove REED. That should start with protests, banners and song calling for it. If after 2 home games it fails then change the name to Gao.

Reeds job to run the club which he's done horrendously. Mr "in charge of everything"

Ralph's job to build the brand and world wide awareness "commercial opportunities" and after today (last 2 years) people are aware of us and our defending is trending world wide just now

We March On.

Katharina Liebherr

Everyone should tweet that article with #Gaoingdown

Its not what ever people feel about him he is just an employee. Change comes from the top which means the owners. Look at the statement above they are committed to the Southampton way and a self sustainable club if Reed goes they will just employee someone else to carry on the business model as it is right now nothing will essentially change.
He is an employee who has ingratiated himself into a powerful position with a fantastic salary etc. I get the impression he has pushed aside anyone who remotely is a threat to his position. There is no way he will leave the job as it is prime, he is hidden and gets away sitting in the comfort of the directors box. We lost the best owner you could hope for, on par with the Leicester man, I do hope they don't have a daughter who seems from that is more concerned with protecting the inheritance rather than his legacy.

Kat sold us down the river.

Lander Sports employs less than 300 staff and has a yearly turnover of £300M. Gao funded the purchase via a bank loan. Therefore, how the f@ck did the premier league allow the purchase to go ahead!

Shortly after the Gao takeover, RK said that investment plans would be revealed within eight weeks. The investment plans never materialised. Not surprising when you consider the above. Remind me, what did Leon Crouch say about our new owner?

There are enough of the clueless new-breed of saints fans around where I sit to show that we’d never get a mass protest anyway. Plus, they don’t need the fans for income anymore so I’m not sure they’d be that bothered.

Depressing isn't it ?

I remember the Branfoot protests they started tamely showing red cards when he came out of the tunnel then escalated; in the car park after the matches, QPR & Port Vale especially were quite lively. I was in my 30's then so a lot more vocal and agile, but the crowd was made up of across the ages including lots of grey haired blokes who you probably wouldn't expect to be involved in such shenanigans . So what's gone wrong ? I've done my bit and am now (nearly) one of the grey heads. It's the younger generation who aren't there , all the cyber supporters, who'd rather pose around doing an interview with one of their mates for Youtube, or a "vlog" ... Hope they prove me wrong.

Source?

There was some ITK on this at the time. A subsequent article by the club’s mouthpiece Jeremy Wilson confirmed that he lost the players but also mentions that the fans were a factor...

“Claude Puel has been sacked as the manager of Southampton after the club concluded that the players and fans were not behind him sufficiently and that he would not lead them to regular European football.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/14/claude-puel-sacked-southampton/

I tend to think that if the club actually listened to the fans, Pellegrino would not have stayed for nearly as long as he did.

The only way to make change at this football club will be to stay away from matches, or come late if you’ve got a season ticket or simply don’t buy any products (retail, food or drink) as that will hit the frankly useless board and owners in the only place they give a sh!t i.e. the pocket.

You can tell the board and owners do not care about Southampton FC and are just career driven people or in the case of the Gao’s looking to win favour at home with their government for bigger development contracts. Time for them all to go and leave SFC to people who care.

Best protest IMHO is to email Lander (email address below) and copy a Chinese newspaper. Below is what I sent. Chinese hate to lose face

landersports@lander.com.cn

FAO: Mr. Gao Jisheng

Dear Mr. Jisheng,

It is with a very heavy heart that I write to you at this time. I am sure you are a very honourable man and have or had the very best intentions for Southampton Football Club at the time of your majority purchase of the club. However, as most fans and public at large, including the world media, would acknowledge, our dear club has arguably been at the lowest point in its history since your involvement.

As a proud man, you cannot surely be content with the current state of affairs at our beloved club? However, you seem to show no signs whatsoever of being the least bit concerned, and arguably are happy to let the club fail? Why, pray why did you buy us? There has been no communication from you since our purchase – where are the five pledges that the clown of our chairman promised so long ago?

Please, please show some backbone and act now – surely you have not been successful so far in your life by inaction? Failure I believe is a very poor trait in Chinese culture, and in your leader’s eyes. I implore you sir, please act and change the leadership team at Southampton FC or do the graceful thing and sell the club to someone who really cares.

Whilst we might seem powerless, the fans of each and every club are its very foundation, and if you want to be remembered with anywhere near the kind of affection of our last Chairman (not his daughter) and that of Leicester, please please act now.