The team that got relegated last time

norwaysaint

Typically:

Niemi

Dodd/Kenton-Lundekvam-Jakobssen.Higginbotham

Fernandes-Oakley-Prutton-Svensson

Crouch-Phillips

Manager: Wigley/Redknapp

Which team would you have more faith, that one, or a typical saints team from this season?

Odd when you compare. Jakobssen is Hoedt. Fernandes is Redmond. Svensson is Moi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odd when you compare. Jakobssen is Hoedt. Fernandes is Redmond. Svensson is Moi.

Prutton = Hojberg. Highly rated young midfielder shows flashes of being okay but generally a nothing player.

Plenty of parallels - both times a bloated squad of interchangeable utter dross.

Prutton = Hojberg. Highly rated young midfielder shows flashes of being okay but generally a nothing player.

Plenty of parallels - both times a bloated squad of interchangeable utter dross.

JWP IS Quashie. Takes every set piece and is generally ****

And the one in the squad with "passion." We will know we are down for definite once he's given his marching orders for nutting a linesman.

If you were doing a combined team:

Dodd --- Lundekvam --- Yoshida --- Bertrand

---------------------Oakley----Lemina-------------------

------Fernandes-----Hojbjerg-----Camara-------

-----------------------------Crouch-------------------------

So, I reckon 6 outfield players from that relegated team get in our current team.

Great stuff.

So, I reckon 6 outfield players from that relegated team get in our current team.

Great stuff.

Says a lot about the faith we have in our current team, that we'd prefer to field players that we know definitely wouldn't be good enough to survive.

Neither team is exactly bristling with committed, passionate players with a bit of bite.

Great stuff.

Dodd hardly played, he was usually injured. Lundekvam and Fernándes we useless bottle jobs who went missing most of the season. I’d have Anders, who at least got 4/5 goals, and Cédric.

Probably wouldn’t bother with bother CB. I’d just have Yoshida, a massive gap and stick Phillips up front. Might get the odd 7-6 win in amongst all the batterings.

Great stuff.

You could put in most of those now at their current age and they’d probably do better than our shower.

I agree with The Cat, several players missing from the OP team that greatly contributed to our plight with Saggy in charge.

Don't forget (Where's ) Bernard, the left back who was generally AWOL somewhere in the centre circle; the useless Davenport who seemed to be Saggy's no1 centre back, Saggy Junior who could not run for longer than the first 20 minutes, and Quashie who did better for us once we'd got relegated to his level.