Where do we go from here?

doggface

Irrespective of getting thrashed on Saturday, there are SO many issues within the football club right now that I have just have to get this **** off my chest!

Owner - Seems completely oblivious to it all. Absent, seemingly uninterested and shady at best.

KL - Her spin was she would only sell to a party that could kick us on and have the club’s best interests at heart - clearly ********.

Chairman - Completely out of touch with the fan base and talks complete and utter ********. Some decent results on the balance sheet, but extremely fortunate not to have been relegated last season. Will never get a straight answer out of this ****.

Les Reed - Had some credit in the bank from a lot of good previous work but has well and truly ****ed this up and then some by believing his own hype. Loves to preach how we do things better than everyone else but so quick to disappear when the going gets tough.

Proceeded over some awful managerial appointments and made us nothing more than Liverpool's *****.

Ross Wilson - Thanks to him, Les and our scouting network we have spunked tens of millions up the wall on **** players with **** attitudes over the last few years. He’s like a weatherman.

Players - Handsomely paid but utterly ugly to watch, particularly at St. Mary’s where their “performances” have been utterly disgraceful for over 2 years.

Other than a handful of exceptions they are absent in spirit and bottle, uninterested and lacking commitment.

This team is supposedly average however IMO they have proved themselves to be nothing more than **** based on their performances and results.

Manager – The fighting spirit he impressively installed in this lot has evaporated completely and shows no sign of returning. This season no identity, no idea of best team or squad, what formation to play and worst win % for years. Question marks over squad fitness. Need a minimum of 4 points from next 2 games IMO or time to go.

All in all, an utter mess from top to bottom. We had the chance to make wholesale changes in the summer and not nearly enough was done.

I want us to remain in the premier league but fear the only way wholesale changes will be made is if we go down. I am under no illusions if we go down things will still likely be very tough but struggling to see a way forward in the PL under the current employees at the top end of SFC.

Really struggling to see where we can go from here to improve things in the long term.

Genuine question: why do some posters think relegation will help sort things out? Income will be lower--both tv money and gate money. Players will remain on high cotracted premier league style pay and be even less likely to move. Value of the club will fall making owners less likely to sell. My opinion is relegation would be a complete disaster and probably be followed by another. Where is the gain?

Irrespective of getting thrashed on Saturday, there are SO many issues within the football club right now that I have just have to get this **** off my chest!

Owner - Seems completely oblivious to it all. Absent, seemingly uninterested and shady at best.

KL - Her spin was she would only sell to a party that could kick us on and have the club’s best interests at heart - clearly ********.

Chairman - Completely out of touch with the fan base and talks complete and utter ********. Some decent results on the balance sheet, but extremely fortunate not to have been relegated last season. Will never get a straight answer out of this ****.

Les Reed - Had some credit in the bank from a lot of good previous work but has well and truly ****ed this up and then some by believing his own hype. Loves to preach how we do things better than everyone else but so quick to disappear when the going gets tough.

Proceeded over some awful managerial appointments and made us nothing more than Liverpool's *****.

Ross Wilson - Thanks to him, Les and our scouting network we have spunked tens of millions up the wall on **** players with **** attitudes over the last few years. He’s like a weatherman.

Players - Handsomely paid but utterly ugly to watch, particularly at St. Mary’s where their “performances” have been utterly disgraceful for over 2 years.

Other than a handful of exceptions they are absent in spirit and bottle, uninterested and lacking commitment.

This team is supposedly average however IMO they have proved themselves to be nothing more than **** based on their performances and results.

Manager – The fighting spirit he impressively installed in this lot has evaporated completely and shows no sign of returning. This season no identity, no idea of best team or squad, what formation to play and worst win % for years. Question marks over squad fitness. Need a minimum of 4 points from next 2 games IMO or time to go.

All in all, an utter mess from top to bottom. We had the chance to make wholesale changes in the summer and not nearly enough was done.

I want us to remain in the premier league but fear the only way wholesale changes will be made is if we go down. I am under no illusions if we go down things will still likely be very tough but struggling to see a way forward in the PL under the current employees at the top end of SFC.

Really struggling to see where we can go from here to improve things in the long term.

If Carlsberg did Saintsweb posts.....hard to find a fan who would disagree with a single word of that.

Greenridge - the fans on social media weren’t impressed either! Looks like it could be as low as 25 or 26k, but doubt if the daft old pensioner will leave or Ralph puck off.

The clubs latest tweet is going down well :lol:

Act quick to 'secure yours' !

For PEH's honest and heartfelt rallying cry see Lundekvan et al in 2005 who used to trot out the same banal crap week after week, then perform at the same low standard the following week.

Genuine question: why do some posters think relegation will help sort things out? Income will be lower--both tv money and gate money. Players will remain on high cotracted premier league style pay and be even less likely to move. Value of the club will fall making owners less likely to sell. My opinion is relegation would be a complete disaster and probably be followed by another. Where is the gain?

It definitely isn't a scenario I want to happen either. I always want Saints to be in the top flight as they have for the majority of my life. Lot's of good people at the club would lose their jobs too and we would also be left with a few expensive turkeys no doubt.

Unfortunately I think relegation would cleanse a lot of the main offenders above responsible for our demise. I can't really see us making progress until they have moved on to be honest, I hope I am wrong.

It definitely isn't a scenario I want to happen either. I always want Saints to be in the top flight as they have for the majority of my life. Lot's of good people at the club would lose their jobs too and we would also be left with a few expensive turkeys no doubt.

Unfortunately I think relegation would cleanse a lot of the main offenders above responsible for our demise. I can't really see us making progress until they have moved on to be honest, I hope I am wrong.

If we go down, I think we go bust/asset stripped considering how the club has been paid for.

Your assuming a year would sort things out it would probably take several years of pain to get the owner, board and players to **** off possibly more than one relegation to. If it eventually resulted in another era like the one after the last take over I could probably take it.

Feels like we are ****ed either way I don't really have enthusiasm for us being the perennial PL whipping boys staying up each season by the skin of our teeth, with a team of **** PL players and an increasingly desperate set of manager choices.

Probably mid level championship.

4th best team on the south coast? Have we ever been that before in our history? The other three all seem to have ambitious owners who are prepared to invest, as well as good managers. Brighton's owner. Tony Bloom, for example, paid for Brighton's new stadium out of his own pocket and contributes to their transfer kitty every season, as you can see from their accounts where 'owner's contributions' are listed.

No we have to stay up start playing and winning and reengage the fan base. Relegation would be horrific for everyone and if we went down there would be no guarantee another Marcus would appear to bale us out as without doubt Gao would move on and alot of chickens would come home to roost

We are far from likely to be relegated. Our main priority is simply to stay up and I think we may just achieve this. I would like to think that we will be redefined as 'relegation battlers' just as in the 90's but we need to start now.

I don't think the owner or the board have any more ambition than finishing 17th...as long as the money rolls in. I called this a long time ago and I wasn't wrong.

Aside from the "serves them all right" attitude, relegation would be a major blow to the club.

True - the PL is an insane circus . It's difficult to think of any other organization where so much money is spent on so little real achievement (maybe the cold war arms race or Michael Jacksons attempt at a pixie nose....).

Look at Leeds or Sheffield Wed, quite big clubs that have been languishing in the championship for many years now.

This will be us if we go down. No more fireworks at SMS...

This link right here shows how far we have regressed in almost exactly 2 years: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37847418

The board and owners need to look at that result and realise the monumental f*** up they’ve made with this club.

To be fair, whilst that result is a standout, the writing had begun to be written on the wall by that point (Puel, poor transfer window, Fonte being frozen out etc)

Clearly the Championship, where the real pain will start.

Portsmouth will be comfortably above us within 12 months

Not a chance. I know we're not very good, but we'd beat them easily. We were at a low ebb last season and beat a number of lower league teams with ease.

This does even more:

2015/16 63 pts

2016/17 46 pts

2017/18 36 pts

2018/19 26-30 pts ??

Very telling. The indicators were there on 2016 and a few of us called them and predicted the downward trend. Sad to say, but it has happened. Hope we have enough to stay up this season.

Not a chance. I know we're not very good, but we'd beat them easily. We were at a low ebb last season and beat a number of lower league teams with ease.

I think he was talking about next season. If we are relegated, anybody we have left who is any good will be sold in the summer. Blackburn, who were promoted from League One last season, are above Stoke and Swansea in the Championship this season. Overall, there is not much to choose between teams promoted from League One and those relegated from the Premier League when their paths cross in the Championship. It depends how much they strengthen in the summer.

We can only hope we get drawn against Pompey in the FA Cup this season, like they did against us in their final season in the Premier League.

We know what it's like on the back of a promotion - you're on a crest of a wave, momentum. We'd be on a seriously low ebb with no confidence. They would sadly beat us without much effort in that scenario.

I remember hearing that in 2005 when we got relegated. Lowe will leave, deadwood will be cleared, fresh start etc. Fact is if we go down we lose a lot of money, will lose the good players and be stuck with Forster, Hoedt, Long, Austin, Carrillo etc. Best scenario we can hope for is that Gao sacks Wilson, Hughes, Krueger and Reed and puts someone like Mitchell in charge of recruiment and installs a chairman like Cortese to run the club. Relegation will only make things worse.

Another idea is to hire a dodgy football agent like Mendes or Raiola to sell the players we dont want and let them have x amount of the price we sell the players for. With all their contacts they should be able to sell some of them and get us a decent return.

I remember hearing that in 2005 when we got relegated. Lowe will leave, deadwood will be cleared, fresh start etc. Fact is if we go down we lose a lot of money, will lose the good players and be stuck with Forster, Hoedt, Long, Austin, Carrillo etc. Best scenario we can hope for is that Gao sacks Wilson, Hughes, Krueger and Reed and puts someone like Mitchell in charge of recruitment and installs a chairman like Cortese to run the club. Relegation will only make things worse.

Another idea is to hire a dodgy football agent like Mendes or Raiola to sell the players we dont want and let them have x amount of the price we sell the players for. With all their contacts they should be able to sell some of them and get us a decent return.

Talking of Mitchell, his RB Leipzig side won 3-0 away to Hertha Berlin at the weekend to move up to 4th place in the Bundesliga. The team featured the three players he signed in the summer: Mukiele, Saracchi and Cunha, and one of them, the teenage striker, Matheus Cunha, scored.

How else do you think board changes will happen ?

Gao clearly isnt going to do anythng.

Talking of Mitchell, his RB Leipzig side won 3-0 away to Hertha Berlin at the weekend to move up to 4th place in the Bundesliga. The team featured the three players he signed in the summer: Mukiele, Saracchi and Cunha, and one of them, the teenage striker, Matheus Cunha, scored.
Jesus wept.

Interested to know why people are so anti-Krueger. I get that his statements are full of irritating waffle and perhaps he is guilty by association with the current (now ex-!) regime.

But, in terms of our on-field woes, I'm not sure he has anything to do with this. I seem to recall that during the Pellegrino saga there were rumours that Krueger wanted to pull the trigger earlier but Reed wanted to give him more time. In terms of his commercial responsibilities, is he doing a bad job raising our profile? (Tbh I don't give a monkeys about our profile abroad, but accept that it is necessary in this day and age). Do the customer surveys about 'matchday experience' come from his department?

I don't have anything particularly for or against him, I just find it odd that he is often identified as someone who "has to go". Perhaps he is behind the decision to oust Reed (& Wilson if it happens) and actually is more insightful about the state of affairs than we give him credit for?

Interested to know why people are so anti-Krueger. I get that his statements are full of irritating waffle and perhaps he is guilty by association with the current (now ex-!) regime.

But, in terms of our on-field woes, I'm not sure he has anything to do with this. I seem to recall that during the Pellegrino saga there were rumours that Krueger wanted to pull the trigger earlier but Reed wanted to give him more time. In terms of his commercial responsibilities, is he doing a bad job raising our profile? (Tbh I don't give a monkeys about our profile abroad, but accept that it is necessary in this day and age). Do the customer surveys about 'matchday experience' come from his department?

I don't have anything particularly for or against him, I just find it odd that he is often identified as someone who "has to go". Perhaps he is behind the decision to oust Reed (& Wilson if it happens) and actually is more insightful about the state of affairs than we give him credit for?

Please read Ralphs interview today and that should answer all your questions.

We know what it's like on the back of a promotion - you're on a crest of a wave, momentum. We'd be on a seriously low ebb with no confidence. They would sadly beat us without much effort in that scenario.
I went to Bradford last week to watch them, they maybe top of their league but believe me they weren't all that. We would comfortably beat them.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

The same side that lost to Celtic last night

Yes, and the same RB Leipzig team which is above Celtic in their Europa League group table and is currently 4th in their national league. If only we could have done that well...

The few final remnants of the Reedites on here, like you, Always, Micky and C.B. Fry, who still want to credit our recruitment success during our successful phase to Reed rather than Mitchell have been proven to be total dickheads by what's happened since Reed replaced Mitchell with Wee Ross.

Get over it. We are Saints fans, always have been, always will be, we are not fans of some ***t once voted the worst manager in the history of the OP Premier League... GET OVER IT.

The few final remnants of the Reedites on here, like you, Always, Micky and C.B. Fry, who still want to credit our recruitment success during our successful phase to Reed rather than Mitchell have been proven to be total dickheads by what's happened since Reed replaced Mitchell with Wee Ross.

Get over it. We are Saints fans, always have been, always will be, we are not fans of some ***t once voted the worst manager in the history of the OP Premier League... GET OVER IT.

I'm not a Reedite sweetheart, I just think you write utter horsesh it on this forum. And you do.

Why are you replying to your own post?

I'm not a Reedite sweetheart, I just think you write utter horsesh it on this forum. And you do.

Me neither you loon