Reed Gone - Official

Lighthouse

Were the club right to remove Reed?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. Were the club right to remove Reed?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Les Reed on Sky Sports The Debate tonight. 10pm
It's been a while since Les has had a platform to publicly big himself up. Wonder if he'll try and take credit for Hasenhuttl?

No doubt he'll be talking up his "discovery" of Pochettino...

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Les says he has never signed or looked at a player that the manager didn't want.

(I assume Redmond is the asterisk to that comment).

This was already known. Signings were agreed by a group of I believe 3 or 4 people, Reed and the manager being a part of it - but the manager always had the final say, a veto so to speak.

Just listened to the podcast whilst walking the dog. He was quite impressive imo. Came across well, certainly didn’t big himself up or display any hint of arrogance. Didn’t take any credit for Poch or anything, just came over as a football bloke answering questions. Nothing like he’s portrayed on here.

Regarding Poch, he said that both him & Levy were very respectful in dealings with Southampton, but found it ironic Spurs fans complaining about links to Utd. Said he worked just as impressively when being tapped up during season, and was sure he’ll do the same whilst linked to Utd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure all Saints fans will join in for a minute's applause during tomorrow's match as a mark of respect for this momentous news.

The most obvious time would be the eleventh minute, what with Bishop's Stortford being just off the M11.

I'll be getting the hashtag trending all across social media.

#Lesdeservestheclap

Couldn’t care less where he ended up.....the main thing he’s gone from Southampton....

I want to see England do well, just as much as I do saints.

He done a f ucking terrible job over the past 3 years (its actually been going on longer than most realise, just look at the state of the academy).

I’m worried for England, tbh. He doesn’t deserve the job, like he didn’t deserve the role he had with us, but Les’ best attribute is the ability to blag his way to the top!

All the best to him, I hope he does well as that would be a successful England team.

I'm sure all Saints fans will join in for a minute's applause during tomorrow's match as a mark of respect for this momentous news.

The most obvious time would be the eleventh minute, what with Bishop's Stortford being just off the M11.

I'll be getting the hashtag trending all across social media.

#Lesdeservestheclap

Tea over monitor moment :)

“What worries me is a player who reported serious depression and addictions to this man a few years ago was seen as weak and a liability. No support given. But hey... another day, another obvious decision. Morality stays away.”

The quote of a former footballer on Twitter. Player referenced was a Saints player at the time apparently. Not a Reed hater by any means, but find that very sad to read if true.

Great that he has gone and I don't see him trying it on with Gareth. Southgate would eat him for breakfast
If we'd replaced Puel with Southgate you wouldn't have been able to move on here for people describing that as a classic Les Reed yes-man appointment.

If we'd replaced Puel with Southgate you wouldn't have been able to move on here for people describing that as a classic Les Reed yes-man appointment.

I very much doubt that if he had GS would have been as bad as the last three managers and might still be here.

Apart from the fact that he was already in the England set-up with the younger players many of whom are now with him in the full squad.

I very much doubt that if he had GS would have been as bad as the last three managers and might still be here.

Apart from the fact that he was already in the England set-up with the younger players many of whom are now with him in the full squad.

Failed Middlesbrough manager who couldn't keep them up and Steve Gibson - the most patient and supportive Chairman in British football - lost faith in his ability to take them back up a handful of games into the Championship season.

His record pre-England makes Pellegrino look like Bill Shankly. I can only imagine the jubilant street parties in the city if Reed had appointed him.

“What worries me is a player who reported serious depression and addictions to this man a few years ago was seen as weak and a liability. No support given. But hey... another day, another obvious decision. Morality stays away.”

The quote of a former footballer on Twitter. Player referenced was a Saints player at the time apparently. Not a Reed hater by any means, but find that very sad to read if true.

I think that’s a reference to Steven Caulker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is nice way to put it and you are right some will never be able to accept the good he did

He did some good but I think the bad cancels it out to be honest.

We are yet to see the true **** up Reed caused in regards to the sheer amount of money he has wasted. Compo to managers and staff, crap players on huge wages, terrible signings that cost a fortune which we are unlikely to get much back from.

Those poor decisions will restrict our progress for many seasons to come.

We are yet to see the true **** up Reed caused in regards to the sheer amount of money he has wasted. Compo to managers and staff, crap players on huge wages, terrible signings that cost a fortune which we are unlikely to get much back from.

That's the sad reality.

Not only did Les fully reverse our upward momentum but he has left us with a much weakened and heavy squad and the 8th best paid at yet.

We will sadly be feeling the impact of his incompetence for a few years yet.

Just thankful that we have cut out the illness before it became incurable.

Hoping we hit the bottom of that momentum curve when Reed was finally sacked.

#WeMarchOn

Possibly but we're all aspects of every decision completely down to him? Good and bad

• 6 months later...
Was that Les Reed's bald bonce appearing several times last night at the England Woman's game when the camera was focusing on Beckham? If it was he had FA blazer/tie on, what's his role there now?

Yes it was, think he's FA Technical Director.

I noticed that on the BBC highlights.Classic Reed, seated in front of Beckham where he's bound to be noticed, and basking in the glory of the moment. No doubt he'll be giving interviews soon about advances in the Womens's game etc, but no doubt it'll go t!ts up after he's had time to make an input.

He can been seen after the first and third goals, if you want to see Bunsen at his best.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/48794990