Reed Gone - Official

Lighthouse

Were the club right to remove Reed?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. Were the club right to remove Reed?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

It depends if it's spin or not - we don't actually know how the players are presented to the transfer committee, and how the decisions are actually made. We've been told how it works, but I'm not sure I believe it, and certainly I would expect Reed to have the final say on most things.

We may never really know. What has emerged is that Reed and Hunter are being blamed and most of us did not know that Hunter had any involvement. Hughes was clearly not "bought in" to the purchases since he has been leaving them on the bench or in the stands. Ross clearly has some involvement but the picture seems to be one where he presents a list of possibles and Reed with Hunter decided exactly who.

Hughes doesn’t strike me as a man who would let senior management interfere with his team selections. I get that the club need to change this at the top and hopefully that will pay dividend long term. What we need right now though is a change short term. It is hard to see how sacking Reed and Hunter will change things significantly on the pitch today. Hughes doesn’t have a team that picks itself. Either Hughes or his replacement if he is sacked soon will have to find a way to make us hard to beat. Sadly that could mean that we end up with BFS. I know there are some here who would welcome him at the club. I can think of nothing worse. I also hope that this media talk of Hughes needing to beat Watford to save his job is just conjecture. Hughes’s future should be based on his ability to take this club forward. At the moment I would say that he hasn’t shown that he is what we need. Whatever happens in one match shouldn’t make a difference. Krueger says all the “right” things and in his position you shouldn’t expect anything else. People in his position have to talk corporate ********. At least now he and the board are demonstrating that they accept that changes are needed. His support of Hughes is the usual vote of confidence that all Chairman spout in these circumstances, hopefully! I never really subscribed to the view that Hughes should have been given the job because we stayed up. It seemed to be a most unlikely Saints appointment (as I think BFS would be). The next managerial change is massive and it is a worry that Krueger will need to take outside advice on any new appointment. Let’s hope he talks to the right people!

Big improvement in performance this weekend with Reed no longer affecting selection and tactics. Still not enough.

Was it really? I thought we were pretty ****, as per usual. Very little goal threat, giving the ball away in **** area's. retreating to our goal and giving Watford a sniff.

Just as **** as most other weeks. Could have lost that in the final 5.

Was it really? I thought we were pretty ****, as per usual. Very little goal threat, giving the ball away in **** area's. retreating to our goal and giving Watford a sniff.

I agree not much improvement. At home we had less possession and they had more shots on target than us. Relegation form.

Watford are a good side who had 65% possession at Newcastle... Saints made them look our equals and very beatable. We are just very low on confidence, and it was good to see us playing Gabbi, Yoshi, and being more attacking this game.

Big improvement in performance this weekend with Reed no longer affecting selection and tactics. Still not enough.

There was **** all improvement different day same old ****. We still can't defend for crap and we still cant finish our chances not that we created many today. Les leaving is going to make no difference short term it will only have an effect when we get to some transfer windows.

I still dont get the timing of this unless there is a better replacement lined up to come in within the next month or so.

Him and Hunter going at the same time did that have anything to do with these allegations about Les Reeds football agent son ?

Its all very strange.

I still dont get the timing of this unless there is a better replacement lined up to come in within the next month or so.

Him and Hunter going at the same time did that have anything to do with these allegations about Les Reeds football agent son ?

Its all very strange.

I’d say it’s pretty understandable timing. Our results have been pîss poor and by doing this now rather than later, we hopefully get someone in time for the start of the transfer window (Les departure won’t affect the day-to-day work of the scouting dept).

Its all very strange.

Doing it in November doesn’t seem like the best timing to me, as well. Getting rid at the end of the dumpster fire that was last season would have been better and fully understandable given the long list of screw-ups attributable to Les Reed since the Koeman debacle. At least he’s gone now, and won’t be picking Hughes’ successor in the event the club let Hughes go.

Watching the Leicester tribute on MOTD made me wonder if the proverbial "final straw" for Reed's sacking was the high regard Leicester fans (quite rightly) have for both their owner and Puel (in the way he has conducted the entire club and himself during this whole tragic affair)?

Reed presumably told Gao Puel was bad for us and needed replacing, and has since gone on to be a great ambassador for his new club and doing ok in the league (well at least much better than us), while we are all at sea. Shurlock probably knows better as he has spent some time there, but the Chinese are great on respect, admiration, and not wanting to lose face.

Watching the Leicester tribute on MOTD made me wonder if the proverbial "final straw" for Reed's sacking was the high regard Leicester fans (quite rightly) have for both their owner and Puel (in the way he has conducted the entire club and himself during this whole tragic affair)?

Reed presumably told Gao Puel was bad for us and needed replacing, and has since gone on to be a great ambassador for his new club and doing ok in the league (well at least much better than us), while we are all at sea. Shurlock probably knows better as he has spent some time there, but the Chinese are great on respect, admiration, and not wanting to lose face.

I wouldn't have thought that has anything to do with it what so ever.

Reid started off well but as his power base developed he began to believe his own hype. I don't think we can judge the effect of him and Hunter leaving and any replacements coming in for several months. By then of course it may be too late.

He can't have been hyped that much, as you can't spell his name correctly after his 8 years at the club. ;)

Leicester’s owner was respected because he actually gave a **** about the club and the city, the complete opposite if Gao. Reed’s farcical descision to sack Puel and appoint The clown would have been one of the reasons for him getting sacked tho, as it was just one of his many mistakes.

Puel has not gone on to be a "great ambassador for Leicester", that's just garbage. Leicester fans don't really rate him and he hasn't achieved anything there thus far.

He's done a perfectly good job in the face of a non-footballing tragedy but so would any manager thrust into a situation like this. Craig Shakespeare or Claudio would have also dealt with things in a dignified way, as would have Pellegrino or Mark Hughes had a similar thing happened to us.

Other than Lambert, I don't think a single one of the mildly successful players/managers that have left our club have done so without an alleged spat with this man.

Says a lot. Goodbye and see you never!

You'd prefer he hadn't tried his hardest to keep them? If they were all falling out with Les, then leaving because of that, I'd get your point. In reality most of the dirty laundry came from players and their agents trying to force through moves to bigger clubs and Les upset many of them by fighting Saints corner.

Puel has not gone on to be a "great ambassador for Leicester", that's just garbage. Leicester fans don't really rate him and he hasn't achieved anything there thus far.

He's done a perfectly good job in the face of a non-footballing tragedy but so would any manager thrust into a situation like this. Craig Shakespeare or Claudio would have also dealt with things in a dignified way, as would have Pellegrino or Mark Hughes had a similar thing happened to us.

Whoosh - went straight over your head that one didn't it? Or do you just like arguing about anything and everything?

Whoosh - went straight over your head that one didn't it? Or do you just like arguing about anything and everything?

Well, on reading that, I've got to say yes it did go over my head.

I have absolutely no idea what point you are actually trying to make about Leicester, Puel, Gao, the Chinese, Saints, Les or anything.

I think it may be because your post was just absolute dogsh it.

The only thing I can pick up on is the fact that Gao became the owner after Puel left, so therefore Reed wouldn't have had those discussions about replacing him because Gao wasn't here at the time.
But Lander were involved/negotiating/getting clearance/etc etc from January 2017 and it progressed through the summer, so it's not like they had no idea, and not impossible that they would have been informed.

At the very least the new leadership team would have looked at that decision as a potential root cause of where we are now in retrospect, even if not at the time.

But Lander were involved/negotiating/getting clearance/etc etc from January 2017 and it progressed through the summer, so it's not like they had no idea, and not impossible that they would have been informed.

At the very least the new leadership team would have looked at that decision as a potential root cause of where we are now in retrospect, even if not at the time.

Possibly.

I was just trying to make sense of what was an odd post.

Well, on reading that, I've got to say yes it did go over my head.

I have absolutely no idea what point you are actually trying to make about Leicester, Puel, Gao, the Chinese, Saints, Les or anything.

I think it may be because your post was just absolute dogsh it.

I am always intrigued when a 3rd party feels the need to defend someone - are you two a couple or something?

This is a forum - I made a comment - get over it. Call it false news if it makes you happy.

My only point was that Reed got rid of Puel for what ever reason, and maybe (just maybe) our owner thought (on top of many other issues) that he got it wrong. But hey keep on abusing if it makes you feel better - I like to help my fellow men :-)

I am always intrigued when a 3rd party feels the need to defend someone - are you two a couple or something?

This is a forum - I made a comment - get over it. Call it false news if it makes you happy.

My only point was that Reed got rid of Puel for what ever reason, and maybe (just maybe) our owner thought (on top of many other issues) that he got it wrong. But hey keep on abusing if it makes you feel better - I like to help my fellow men :-)

But you've just explained exactly what I was responding to in my original reply.

So turns out it didn't go "over my head" after all, then.

Utterly bizarre.

My point, pretty simply, is there isn't really anything that Puel has done to give Gao any pause to consider that a decision that happened before he had any control was a mistake, when far more pressing errors have been made, on his actual watch, since.

Spoiler alert: this isn't Quantum Leap and Gao isn't Sam Beckett.

Understand?

Edited by CB Fry

I am one of the 341 who have said 'good decision' about Reed leaving but it is easy to get rid of people (remember Saddam Hussein and Gaddafi and rejoicing when they went) it's what happens next that makes the decision good or bad. Iraq and Libya are now in a helluva mess. What is going to happen next to us? Any clues?

I am one of the 341 who have said 'good decision' about Reed leaving but it is easy to get rid of people (remember Saddam Hussein and Gaddafi and rejoicing when they went) it's what happens next that makes the decision good or bad. Iraq and Libya are now in a helluva mess. What is going to happen next to us? Any clues?

We will taken over by Muslim extremists ?