Reed Gone - Official

Lighthouse

Were the club right to remove Reed?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. Were the club right to remove Reed?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Amazing news - Gao obviously does care a bit.

Now, to get someone competent in, and to appoint a new Manager and coaching team.

You surprise me :rolleyes:

That being said, I think there is an argument to make wholesale changes in one go in a bid to change the mentality and feeling at the club.

You surprise me :rolleyes:

That being said, I think there is an argument to make wholesale changes in one go in a bid to change the mentality and feeling at the club.

I would have thought a new Diretor of Football Operations would want his own Manager and coaching team in - he won't want to be judged on his predecessors mistakes.

more than anything it was his arrogance over not accepting what was going on around him. Fans forum aside, we have heard nothing in the last couple of years and yet before that he was fairly regularly talking himself up to the press and how great he was running the club.

Cannot imagine for one moment Cortese coming back, especially as KL still has a stake, so that is not going to happen and the club is a different model now (unfortunately) and there is no way Cortese is going to work under those financial constrictions.

What price for Paul Muitchell as our new DoF?

Thank god.

I mean that for where the club is right now. There is no denying Reed did a good job in getting the club in a good place, no question around that, but his managerial appointments and player recruitment (which he overseas in his org) have been atrocious in the last 2 seasons.

This should have happened in the summer as now we're stuck with players that aren't ever going to set the world alight and a manager who is turning out to be yet another bad hire.

I reckon Hughes is on his way too and that Reed admits he keeps making the wrong decisions.

I think its the opposite actually. I think the club have realised that after three managers it is perhaps the players that are not good enough. So who did not get a replacement for VVD? Who sanctioned the Carillo deal? Who bought in the likes of Anonomousi and Vestergaard and Armstrong?

Wow. Wasnt expecting that, but glad there's some positive action taking place. Surely spells the end for Hughes too as no doubt a new person would want their own manager.

Probably wont change too much short term, but will be great to have someone signing good players and not rewarding average ones with bumper contracts, and having a manager who plays their best team and invests time into the youth.

I've just told one of my football crowd and she said she thought something was going on. She can see the stadium from her house across the water and the office lights have been on very late all week.

Her tongue in cheek question though: "will it help us put the ball in the back of the net?"

It's a start. Still a few more need to go before I'll get too excited.

I'm with Noodles as well.. if Paul Mitchell is available and wants to come, get it done!

Why are people so unimaginative like this? It's incredibly likely that we will appoint someone from within football that is nothing to do with the club. Its not very likely that we will go looking for people that used to work here, particularly if they are doing well elsewhere.

It's a start. Still a few more need to go before I'll get too excited.

I'm with Noodles as well.. if Paul Mitchell is available and wants to come, get it done!

Mitchell is DOF at RB Lepzig and been linked with the DOF job at United. No way he’ll come to us.

The only way I could see that we could tempt him would be to give him Les’ title (Vice chairman) and give him a huge payrise.

Unlikely, however.

But how did we identify said targets? Questions must be asked of our scouting setup....

You would hope we're looking at similar sized, well managed clubs and who is in charge there both in Europe and the Championship. Not necessarily who is winning everything but who is the best managed and has a good history of managerial appointments and squad recruitment.

I didn't expect that, but this has given me a bit of renewed belief that there are people who can see what's going on beyond Reed and co.

Without question he did contribute here and for elements of what he did we will always have to be thankful, but over the last couple of years his increased power and involvement has made him look increasingly out of his depth. For me, Reed and Wilson are the two main characters culpable for the disastrous transfer windows over the last couple of years - so whilst this is progress, we need to also see the back of Wilson as well.

I think its the opposite actually. I think the club have realised that after three managers it is perhaps the players that are not good enough. So who did not get a replacement for VVD? Who sanctioned the Carillo deal? Who bought in the likes of Anonomousi and Vestergaard and Armstrong?

Yes agree with the principle of what you are saying. That the major decisions taken on the footballing side have been poor decisions. It is likely the new VC/DoF (whatever title given) will have to relieve Hughes of his job, so yet another multi-million pound compensation payout. :(

my informed mate thinks he's actually been on gardening leave for the last six months, since the end of last season. Not sure if that is right?

No. He’s been working. Interestingly trying to be less abrasive to staff.

WW Wilson must go too. He is as culpable as G-Reed!!

There are two possible thoughts here...

1) Wilson is as to blame, and will be replaced.

2) Wilson has been working under difficult circumstances and has been overridden by Reed who has not listened to his advice.

Time will tell, but from the outside it's hard to know who led who up the garden path. If it's the former then I would expect him to be replaced by whoever is coming in.

Happy days, he should've gone in the summer.

From the wording of the statement, it sounds as if he's been sacked rather than him resigning.

The club believes the time is right to take constructive action and make a change that will provide new drive and direction to our football operations team and enable them to get results back on track.

The search for the right replacement, along with a thorough review into the club’s football operations, has begun.

I can't see Hughes lasting much longer in all honesty, a defeat on Saturday would be the end for sure.

There are two possible thoughts here...

1) Wilson is as to blame, and will be replaced.

2) Wilson has been working under difficult circumstances and has been overridden by Reed who has not listened to his advice.

Time will tell, but from the outside it's hard to know who led who up the garden path. If it's the former then I would expect him to be replaced by whoever is coming in.

Hmmmm as the official statement does not say Ross Wilson will oversee football matter in the interim as it should then I think we can assume he is toast as well !!!! good