Replacement for Les

Daft Kerplunk

I'll take the job. I'll sign maxi gomez in January and buy Mike Ashley a wetherspoons sharer on the agreement that he gives us rafa. I'll slap the owners with a wet kipper and force them to pay for a technician to fix our "black box" as clearly its been playing up for years. I'll do all this before being fired within 24 hours.

I know he ballsed up totally at Everton (cocky "big club" shytes) but what would you think of koeman as reeds replacement? Would he be decent? I'd take it right now. He was at the city game. Is it just a coincidence? Maybe gao and kat have been having words with him to come back. Maybe I'm a bit tipsy.

Apologies if this has already been speculated. I haven't read the entire thread yet.

I'm worried we might end with a Steve Walsh/Craig Shakespeare/Claudio Ranieri dream team. "It worked before" type stuff.

All available I believe, and the kind of lazy appointment I can see Gao regime making.

I don't like Ranieri, but would be happy to go with Steve Walsh - I don't think he bought bad players at Everton, just Koeman struggled to use them properly.

I don't like Ranieri, but would be happy to go with Steve Walsh - I don't think he bought bad players at Everton, just Koeman struggled to use them properly.

Agree Steve Walsh is very good - his success at Leicester predated Ranieri and has long enough track record to conclude that it’s not just luck.

Why would he come out of retirement and leave his home in the NW for St Mary's?

Just saying that if he’d be on my shortlist of suitable candidates whereas others don’t appear to rate him. Of course whether he’d be a desirable hire is one thing; whether it’d be feasible is quite another, though I don’t think it’s beyond the realm of possibility.

Target someone from a set up that is known to get more than their resources, makes good signings that sell for more and gets youth into the team, that is what we were supposed to be about until we lost our way.

So identify a club in Europe or here where someone has a played a key role in that clubs success and see if we can tempt them to come work here.

Marc Overmars Ajax's DoF?

Who ever is appointed, it's going to feel like a long overdue renewal. Quite apart from Reed's poor last 30 months or so, he personified the staleness and atrophy which has descended on SFC. He seemed like an ageing civil servant waiting for the final superannuation payout.

Who ever is appointed, it's going to feel like a long overdue renewal. Quite apart from Reed's poor last 30 months or so, he personified the staleness and atrophy which has descended on SFC. He seemed like an ageing civil servant waiting for the final superannuation payout.

Having seen Ralph's interview in the Echo I wouldn't hold out to much hope for things changing drastically if I'm honest.

Having seen Ralph's interview in the Echo I wouldn't hold out to much hope for things changing drastically if I'm honest.

I wonder if he’ll go all North American franchise on us.

The major hockey, and many other sports franchises, operate with presidents/CEO, general manager, finance, personnel, recruiting, development all managed and run by separate people. Nobody has one over riding leadership role in the way a DOF would. They’ll adjust the roles within the club so that Wilson heads up recruiting and others will adjust roles. That way we don’t need an DOF replacement, we fill the new roles like development

I wonder if he’ll go all North American franchise on us.

The major hockey, and many other sports franchises, operate with presidents/CEO, general manager, finance, personnel, recruiting, development all managed and run by separate people. Nobody has one over riding leadership role in the way a DOF would. They’ll adjust the roles within the club so that Wilson heads up recruiting and others will adjust roles. That way we don’t need an DOF replacement, we fill the new roles like development

That's ok, as long as they can also convince the PL to have North American style no relegation.

I doubt there will be a Director of Football, I dont think any of the Board would have a clue who to appoint. There isnt a football person on it! Not even an English person, unless I've missed someone. I just want to think my team is run by football lovers willing to invest. Don't see any prospect of either.

I doubt there will be a Director of Football, I dont think any of the Board would have a clue who to appoint. There isnt a football person on it! Not even an English person, unless I've missed someone. I just want to think my team is run by football lovers willing to invest. Don't see any prospect of either.
What would that board do if Hughes decided to resign then?

If you don't think they are capable of overseeing a simple recruitment process for a board level sporting director, how can they ever recruit anyone connected to the playing side?

What would that board do if Hughes decided to resign then?

If you don't think they are capable of overseeing a simple recruitment process for a board level sporting director, how can they ever recruit anyone connected to the playing side?

I'm trying to imagine what it would be like to be interviewed for a job by Ralph...

Ralph " ahh Mr Moyes come in to this space I like to call a "room". Please sit down on that device I like to call "a chair".

Moyes "errh thanks"

Ralph " Let me introduce you to our owner Mr Goa. He doesn't actually speak English. Luckily I have a full roster of words at my disposal"

Moyes "ok"

Ralph "First I should let you know a few things about the club. We are a large micro club with a variable, neutral, cost based, gender fluid budget.

Thanks to our academy we don't buy talent we make it! and then errmm... send it out on loan to league one in the hope someone will buy it.

We are an ambitious club set on champions league glory but also mindful we are just behind Accrington Stanley in terms of resources....

Edited by doddisalegend

oh yeah I think the board will **** themselves silly over him

He appointed Daniel Farke as head coach in May that year and has helped reconstruct a new squad, despite raising over £80m from sales of players including James Maddison, Alex Pritchard, Josh Murphy and Jonny Howson.

Interesting bit on Webber:

Webber went to Queens Park Rangers under Mark Hughes and regretted the decision, taking a pay-cut to go to Wolverhampton Wanderers as head of recruitment for the first team under Jez Moxey.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/norwich-city-championship-table-leeds-united-derby-county-daniel-farke-stuart-webber-a8625396.html

Can't see why he'd want to come to us whilst he's at a well run club at Norwich with things going well for him.

Interesting bit on Webber:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/norwich-city-championship-table-leeds-united-derby-county-daniel-farke-stuart-webber-a8625396.html

Can't see why he'd want to come to us whilst he's at a well run club at Norwich with things going well for him.

Unless he brings their head coach with him.

Picked up this quote form a Guardian article -

Transfers are the responsibility of the sporting director, Stuart Webber. His strategy for the club also involves the promotion of youth

Maybe we are going for both, Webber and Farke

I like these quotes from/about Farke -

The 40-year-old’s Borussia Dortmund II squad conceded the fewest goals in the German fourth tier last season, but Farke revealed he is a disciple of possession football.

“It depends on the players you have got but to bring it to the point I like to have the ball,” he said. “I like to be in possession and dominate the games. I hope to bring it to the guys so we can fulfil the hopes and expectations. I want my players to stay compact, to defend and react well. I want a brave team, an offensive team, a team who will press high.

“I like my teams to be in possession and it is the quality of possession that makes a difference. That is what determines which positions you lose the ball and how dangerous those situations are. I work on concentrating on an idea with the ball but with my team last season we had the fewest number of goals against us.